Confirmed with Link: Devils Acquire Andrei Loktionov

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
Elias-Loktionov-Josefson

0 Shots

But a bunch of pretty passes!

Someone on another forum brought up an interesting point, Loki we got for cheap but it also adds depth to a possible future trade.

As an example something like Tally/Volch + Loki/Josefson/Tedenby + Pick or D prospect. If thats what Lou is thinking at all. Just food for thought.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
No matter how you slice it, we gave up a 5th rounder for a former 5th rounder who has since developed. It's a win no matter what happens.

I love it. Such a Lou move. We could only hope to draft a player like Loktionov with a 5th rounder.

Considering we got a 4th and 6th for Kevin ****ing Westgarth, yes this is a good deal for you guys.

Seriously...let's all think about this for a second.

Part of the low price is that this kid is a legitimate flight risk. That's not a knock on him really, either. He feels he's put in enough AHL and NHL time to get a chance with an NHL team and I agree with him. Glad it was us, too. :nod:

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
I wonder what does this mean for Darche.

I'm not sure it means anything. It's just another spot up for competition. Two of Butler, Matteau, Darche, Loktionov, Tedenby and Barch are gonna end up on the team. Looking at that list, I think Matteau goes back, Tedenby stays down, and Barch sees the bench. So that's Butler, Darche, and Loktionov who will all get their chance somewhere in the lineup. Those are 3 entirely different skillsets.

I still want Darche for 4th line insurance. He and Barch would make a pretty good scratch tandem if we can get down to a normal number of defensemen.

DevilsAnimal*

Im actually liking our depth right now

at least in terms of the system

with loki, and that one dude we signed in the off season, also butler, theres going to be hella competition for roster spots

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
If, big if, Loki or Butler happen to stick and impress their way up the lineup... and if Darche is still waiting in the wings to be signed, that (as much as we'd hate it) can lead to one of our forwards being expendable as well.

Depending on where Lou is going with this, and we'll never know til it happens, it may mean either the best or the worst for Darche.

Lots of ifs.... but in conclusion: who the **** knows when it comes to Lou :whatever:

We'll be status quo'ing ourselves into insanity til the trade deadline.

NJD Kula

THE SPITFIRES LINE
Jan 16, 2009
По&#1082
www.rshl.org
Is Gionta necessarily a player that is strong? I wouldn't say so, and he does well in our system. If Loktionov can be passable in the defensive zone and be aggressive on the forecheck I think he'll do ok.

Man I wish we could have kept Ponikarovsky. Zubrus-Loktionov-Ponikarovsky might have been a good line.

If the jets suck enough I'm sure they deal him, would definitely enjoy his services once again

davebenj

Mar 19, 2011
I like it. believe it or not though I still would have liked or would like to give Darche a chance.

Dynamo81

Mar 21, 2008
Aussie in Moscow
Big fan of Loktionov, was hoping he would come the KHL, he has potential to be a top six forward, really big win for NJD. He struggled to get his chances at the Kings, hopefully he manages to show his potential here. :)

Good piece of business for the Devils.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Merrill, Matteau, Boucher, Urbom, Gelinas and Wedgewood are all above him

In terms of upside, he's way higher than Matteau and Boucher. Boucher is a project top-sixer and Matteau's safest projection is a third liner or complimentary scorer. And Clermont is currently stopping more pucks than Wedgewood in the ECHL this season. Loktionov is a legit first line prospect. He's not so much a project as he is just looking for the right fit.

I'll give you Merrill and Gelinas maybe, I'm just trying to say there's nothing wrong with being really high on this kid. He's already proven more in the AHL scoring-wise than Josefson or Tedenby, and at a younger age.

Baggy Spandex

The Nightman Cometh
Mar 5, 2008
Fake Rangerfanville
choclate chip? (wassat)

tumblr_me3ylt90u21qkx01so1_400.jpg

home run chippuhson

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I like Loktionov more than Matteau right now. Doesn't mean he'll be better, but I've got higher hopes. I also had high hopes from Nick Palmieri once too!:laugh:

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
In terms of upside, he's way higher than Matteau and Boucher.

Stopped reading here. You guys got carried away with your new shiny toys way too easily. Boucher has 45 ****ing goals in the OHL and you're gonna tell me a guy that is having issues cracking the NHL and was assigned to Albany has higher upside? No. Just ****ing no.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Maybe not Boucher, but how is he not higher than Matteau? Cause he couldn't crack the lineup in LA?

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
Maybe not Boucher, but how is he not higher than Matteau? Cause he couldn't crack the lineup in LA?

Because he just got traded for a 5th round pick and you want to compare him to our newest first round pick? That right there should raise a red flag. Matteau will ultimately develop into a better all around player and I'm not wasting my time to explain or justify myself.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Stopped reading here. You guys got carried away with your new shiny toys way too easily. Boucher has 45 ****ing goals in the OHL and you're gonna tell me a guy that is having issues cracking the NHL and was assigned to Albany has higher upside? No. Just ****ing no.

Loktionov had 66 points in 51 games when he was Boucher's age. We have no idea how Boucher is going to do in the AHL or NHL against better goalies and better defensemen. We already know Loktionov has had a couple really productive stints in the AHL. Every draft has guys like Boucher (Zach Hamill comes to mind most recently) that look promising and simply don't have it when it comes to the NHL.

The fact is, Loktionov has made it to the NHL. He was trusted by Daryl Sutter in two playoff games. We have no idea if Boucher will ever get that far. That doesn't have to mean anything to you but it means a lot to me, which is why I would rank him higher.

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
And Lemaire trusted Corrente to play forward for a couple playoff games. That makes him our top defensive prospect then, right?

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
And Lemaire trusted Corrente to play forward for a couple playoff games. That makes him our top defensive prospect then, right?

No, of course not. That's ridiculous. Are you even trying? I'm not sure why this is getting you so flustered.

But yes, of course. Corrente playing fourth line forward as a defensemen 3 years ago makes him our best defensive prospect right now. Nailed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad