Confirmed with Link: Devils Acquire Andrei Loktionov

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

apice3*

I never understood why more teams don't let their wingers take faceoffs if their centers suck at them. I think the Rangers did it with Prospal and it worked.

I mean, we have Clarkson and Zubrus take faceoffs from the wing all the time, although for different reasons.

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Is he more of a playmaker than a goal scorer would you say?

He is a pure playmaker. That is what he is and what the Kings always hoped he would become. He doesn't have much of a shot, just sort of a get it on net mentality, he isn't a sniper and won't go for corners. He is a pure passer, and he is really good at it. He is quick at finding passing lanes and can thread the needle to his snipers. It is his number one asset.

from great trade bait to trash player. HF boards is the best.

He isn't trash at all. He projects as a potential second line center. If you put finishers on his line, he will rack up the points. Think of like a poor man's Cammalleri with playmaking ability instead of goalscoring ability. He will likely rack up some injuries and isn't very physical because of his lack of size and strength, but he is offensively gifted. He is a smooth skater, and the buzz word always associated with him is "shifty". He can dance around opponents and find quick passes, but once he gets caught in a corner his size will work against him, so he has to stay elusive.

He is good trade bait too, especially if he gets a grasp on an NHL roster. The reason he yielded less than we hoped was because he is a flight risk to Russia. If he plays some times with the Devils this year, if your organizations wants, I am sure he could yield a profit in the future via trade.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
My guess is he will be in the AHL for a couple weeks to learn the system, which will be a lot easier down there with games and more practices. Once he has the basics down we will have a better handle on Butler. Then choices will have to be made. Does butler stay? Is he replaced by Loki? Is Barch sent down? Is Matteau returned? Is there another move that affects the NHL roster? All in due time.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
Guys, here is your Russian... Scott Gomez?

Yep. I am happy with the trade. Doubt he can bring the puck into the zone as well as Gomez, but he has potential. I am pump to see how he looks in our system. I doubt they are going to throw him as a C since Yayo doesn't look good on the wing with Zajac and Zajac, Henrique, Carter aren't going to be moved for this kid.

I won't be surprised if he plays with Yayo on the wing and moved up to Zajac/Kovy if he shows some promise.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
He is a pure playmaker. That is what he is and what the Kings always hoped he would become. He doesn't have much of a shot, just sort of a get it on net mentality, he isn't a sniper and won't go for corners. He is a pure passer, and he is really good at it. He is quick at finding passing lanes and can thread the needle to his snipers. It is his number one asset.

He isn't trash at all. He projects as a potential second line center. If you put finishers on his line, he will rack up the points. Think of like a poor man's Cammalleri with playmaking ability instead of goalscoring ability. He will likely rack up some injuries and isn't very physical because of his lack of size and strength, but he is offensively gifted. He is a smooth skater, and the buzz word always associated with him is "shifty". He can dance around opponents and find quick passes, but once he gets caught in a corner his size will work against him, so he has to stay elusive.

He is good trade bait too, especially if he gets a grasp on an NHL roster. The reason he yielded less than we hoped was because he is a flight risk to Russia. If he plays some times with the Devils this year, if your organizations wants, I am sure he could yield a profit in the future via trade.
Thanks for the insight man!

Getzo5

The Punisher
Feb 13, 2010
Presov, SVK
A special message to those who have been screaming about Henrique not being creative enough to be at C. Well, here you have someone who definitely is.

And I quote: "воспользоваться этой присоски!" which means "take this suckers!". :sarcasm:

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
If he sticks is he going to stay with the Sweden group. I doubt Kovy/Volch take him in if they don't already know him.

DevilsAnimal*

HF has him as a 2nd line forward

if he becomes anything close to that ill be happy

apice3*

I doubt he's going to be given an NHL spot, unless they plan on sending Matteau down immediately. He's going to have to play himself into the lineup.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Barch won't be sent down, I guarantee it

Definitely not. Even when Boulton was waived last year in the season, they didn't have any intent on sending him to the minors. They just wanted to see if somebody else would pick him up. Lou hasn't been known to send one way guys to the AHL except for two years ago when we had all the cap problems. And in 05/06 when we had all those bad post lockout contracts like Mogilny, McGillis, and Malakhov.

Have no problems with Barch, but it would be nice to sit him some games. Do we really need him against the Lightning, Caps, Canes, Sens, Habs, etc?

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
Dunno if this was done but some compared him to Tedenby here are their numbers:

Tedenby:
NHL - 105 GP 9g 20a 29points -12
AHL - 47GP 9g 16a 25points 1

Loktionov:
NHL - 59GP 7g 7a 14points -2
AHL - 95 22g 53a 75points 28

Now I know numbers dont say everything but figured id pass it on, not like you all havent looked this stuff up anyway haha.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
We still need to purge a defenseman so I think this won't be the be all end all. I think we'll see if we can make it with what we got for as long as we can before pulling the trigger on something else.

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
Howdy - King's fan here. FYI, Loktionov's nickname from his teammates in the minors was "Jimmy Neutron" because of his genius hockey IQ.

Kings fans are fatalistic about giving away another young forward with potential for a song and dance. Matt Moulson, Teddy Purcell, Brian Boyle - they've all gone on to have successful NHL careers with other teams. With that record, we figure NJ is the newest team to benefit.

GameSeven

ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς
Jan 11, 2008
10 pages and nobody's posted what's important. What is he rated in NHL 13. :sarcasm:

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Howdy - King's fan here. FYI, Loktionov's nickname from his teammates in the minors was "Jimmy Neutron" because of his genius hockey IQ.

Kings fans are fatalistic about giving away another young forward with potential for a song and dance. Matt Moulson, Teddy Purcell, Brian Boyle - they've all gone on to have successful NHL careers with other teams. With that record, we figure NJ is the newest team to benefit.
Well we've done pretty good with making other teams junk our treasure lately!:laugh:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I doubt he's going to be given an NHL spot, unless they plan on sending Matteau down immediately. He's going to have to play himself into the lineup.

Well Matteau's kind of on an unofficial clock regardless. If they were going to keep him, he'd have still been in the lineup. I think they just want him around for a little while to get a taste of the life in the pros. I do think they should send him back eventually, both to clear the roster spot and so he can actually work on his game on the ice.

NJD Kula

THE SPITFIRES LINE
Jan 16, 2009
По&#1082
www.rshl.org
I doubt he stays in the ahl long, matteau is probably getting the Lou ten games treatment before being sent back to juniors so lokti comes up after that. Darche gets passed on since we already have at least three guys doing what darche would do in the cbgb line.

Lokti gets plopped with henrique and kovy, scores a few pts and gets kovy going and zajac plays with Elias and clarky who appear to have plenty of chemistry and meanwhile we get a real 3rd line with zubrus yayo and butler. Cbgb goes back to being the best 4th line ever. Rotate goon in for butler every so often. Win cup.

Great move Lou!

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
if you have to be on a particular line to show your usefulness, you probably don't belong in the NHL

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
I feel like he'd be great on a line with josefson and butler. Yayo can take the faceoffs. That line would be weak physically, but two great, heady playmakers with a solid sniper would be a good bottom six line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad