Confirmed with Link: Devils Acquire Andrei Loktionov

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GM17*

I'm happy, but I'm preparing myself of the Kurtavid Fosteckel scenario

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
He was a good kid and can do well in a Devils uniform. I can picture him fitting on your team.

Loktionov is a top 6 or bust kind of player. He is pure skill, has great hands and is very shifty with the puck, and skates pretty well. However, he is undersized, gets pushed around easily, and is a bit of an injury risk. Even with his limited playing time (59 games), he has injured his shoulder twice with us and has missed over 50 games.

He can't really play well on the wings and is a natural center which is where his skillset is also most effective. He isn't a sniper, and doesn't really have much of a shot. His primary asset is his playmaking ability. He is very good at finding the seem, passing lanes, and getting the puck onto the sticks of shooters. Pair him with a couple of shooters and he can do some damage. He isn't a defensive player, so PK is out of the question, but he can be useful on the PP.

I wish him the best, he really was well liked, and I am happy he gets another shot at the NHL. Just be wary that he may pose a flight risk if he doesn't make your roster at the end of the year, as he and Voynov were threatening KHL not too long ago; Voynov made the roster, and Loktionov didn't. I can't imagine it appeals him too much to work his way up another depth chart, so he is looking to play immediately this year, which is the reason for the discount:

https://twitter.com/reallisa/status/299299946153250816

I have a feeling he will stick around though. He has already committed over four years in North America trying to play in the NHL. But you never know and should be prepared for either scenario. Not a big deal at the cost of a 5th either way.

Cheers.

Top 6 doesn't mean a lot for the Devils, there's no real checking line here, just a standard 4th line. All the 3 first lines are sharing the defensive assignment, defensive zone starts, etc, etc.
Same goes with the defensive pairings. Neither a real 1st pairing nor a sheltered one.

Thanks for the info though.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Kid is bad on Faceoffs ??? Like I said put him 1st line and Zajac at LW. Tell the kid to cheat the faceoff every single time. He wins it , great. He gets caught, Zajac comes in :laugh:

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Seems like a really low risk high reward trade.

In regards to Ted's, anyone thinks this helps him by pairing him with another similarly skilled player.

Getzo5

The Punisher
Feb 13, 2010
Presov, SVK
Flip Josefson to wing. With a decent play maker, he might be able to pick his spots better and pot a few goals.
We need more speed down the wings. For that alone, I'm all for putting Josefson at wing.
Just to remind those with a bad short-term memory.

Josefson played on Kruger`s wing for Djurgardens and on Henrique`s wing in his first year in Albany.

If they choose to play both injury-prone Nogoalovs together, Josefson can take the FOs if necessary.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
What do you think about that ?

Henrique-Zajac-Kovalchuk
Elias-Josefson-Clarkson
Zubrus-Sushi-Butler
Carter-Gio-Bernier

GameSeven

ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς
Jan 11, 2008
I wouldnt be against putting him at First Line center and putting Zajac at LW. Just tell the kid to cheat the faceoff every time and if hes kicked out Zajac just comes in an wins the faceoff :laugh:

That's crazy talk right there.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Ted will not be anywhere near him . Highly doubt Lou makes this deal and keeps him in the AHL

So u think he is in the NHL sooner then later? Would be nice to get to see his game.

Think I read 22 pnts in 22 AHL games this year? Noice if true.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Loktionov is a top 6 or bust kind of player.

He is pure skill, has great hands and is very shifty with the puck, and skates pretty well.

However, he is undersized, gets pushed around easily, and is a bit of an injury risk.

His primary asset is his playmaking ability.

He isn't a defensive player, so PK is out of the question.

So the Devils traded for Russian Tedenby.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
I like those. He needs Butler cause Butler loves to shoot, and Zubie can get possession along the boards

It's time to unleash Josfeson too IMO. Let's him finally develop real chemistry with top 6 calibers. Up to now, he's been a top 6 player just sporadically.

Dec 10, 2008
NoDak now NYC area
I will say this all the time Loktionov could have 70/80/90 pt seasons because he's remindin me of a less psycho yashin without the turtleneck and I'm not saying he will be but he has as high of a ceilin...

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
What do you think about that ?

Henrique-Zajac-Kovalchuk
Elias-Josefson-Clarkson
Zubrus-Sushi-Butler
Carter-Gio-Bernier

No. Josefson does not belong in the top 6.

And BenedictGomez, I thought the same thing...

You even get the mixed reviews from the Kings fanbase with people loving the guy to death saying he never got a fair shot and on the other side you have people who don't care.

Only a 5th rounder...

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Hes better defensively and he has a much better hockey IQ then Ted

PRO: The above is good news
CON: The above bar is low to hurdle

I'm 99% kidding though, it's a 5th round pick so I dont give a ratz azz.

If he has even 65% the talent King's fans say he does it's worth the virtual non-risk.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Flip Josefson to wing. With a decent play maker, he might be able to pick his spots better and pot a few goals.

But Lemaire says Yayo should be a centre. We'll see, if it comes to finding a spot for everyone, I'm sure DeBoer will be able to make it work.

Hes better defensively and he has a much better hockey IQ then Ted

He's going to need to have those things to stick. Kings fans seem to be unanimous saying he's not very strong on the puck. Our puck responsibility has been shaky enough already through the first few games.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
But Lemaire says Yayo should be a centre. We'll see, if it comes to finding a spot for everyone, I'm sure DeBoer will be able to make it work.

My thanks to Lemaire for everything he's done for this team but...

This team has a different philosophy under Pete and players will have to fulfill different roles because of that. Josefson might have to be one of those victims.

Then again, this me talking out of my ass right now - we'll see what Pete's plans actually are.

Stonewall

Jan 14, 2013
I will say this all the time Loktionov could have 70/80/90 pt seasons because he's remindin me of a less psycho yashin without the turtleneck and I'm not saying he will be but he has as high of a ceilin...

The turtleneck makes the man.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
What makes everyone so sure he will be up with the big club soon enough? I'd like to believe he will, but I'm not sure.

I would like to see Matteau go back. I see no reason for us to keep him around. Let him finish the year in the juniors, and see where he's at this Summer. If I had to guess I see him gone next week or maybe the week after at most.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad