Confirmed with Link: Devils Acquire Andrei Loktionov

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
I don't see anything is his past performances to suggest he is a future top 6 player...

But hey, a 5th is a 5th.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Sushi thriving on the 3rd line is like asking for the moon already. Realistically, he's not going to center the 1st line anytime soon.

Kingsword

Feb 23, 2009
Hello Devils from a lifetime Kings fan.
The player you just got for free essentially has some of the best Hockey IQ I have ever seen. On our team he didn't produce because he was centering a bunch of morons that couldn't shoot the puck. If you put this guy with a sniper he will produce. His passing ability is ELITE and he is good on both sides of the puck. His only downside is his size.
He played with your boy Henrique in Windsor. The Kids a good fit for your club. He also is a really nice guy in real life (met him in LA) very down to earth.
I am pretty bummed to see him go and I hope he works out for you, he is a really damn good player.
If he gets a good shot you might be poking fun at the Kings for giving him away.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Does seem he is going to have to shake this can't play wing thing. His best shot to play regular hockey here is on the wing, just don't see him playing center that much here.

TaiMaiShu

Aug 12, 2005
So consensus so far is a smallish, playmaking center only thats bad at faceoffs? I'm ok with this I guess. I'd like to try this at some point.

Henrique Lotki Kovy

Russian connection and played with Henrique. Only problem is that forechecking will be a big problem as are faceoffs.

Last edited:

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
Does seem he is going to have to shake this can't play wing thing. His best shot to play regular hockey here is on the wing, just don't see him playing center that much here.

Flip Josefson to wing. With a decent play maker, he might be able to pick his spots better and pot a few goals.

Kingsword

Feb 23, 2009
So consensus so far is a smallish, playmaking center only thats bad at faceoffs? I'm ok with this I guess. I'd like to try this at some point.

Henrique Lotki Kovy

Russian connection and played with Henrique. Only problem is that forechecking will be a big problem as is faceoffs.

He is great at stripping the puck. Decent on the forecheck too, remember he has played in a system of dump and chase for his entire career. Not the best fit for someone that wants to hold the puck and distribute.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey

Henrique Lotki Kovy

Russian connection and played with Henrique. Only problem is that forechecking will be a big problem as is faceoffs.

Ehhh want Zajac/Kovy together

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
They put pictures of Lou in the urinals at Staples Center when we re-signed Kovalchuk. It's just you.

To be fair, I think they do that every time we play the Ducks. I dunno. It's a 6 hr drive for me so I don't get to LA often.

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
He was a good kid and can do well in a Devils uniform. I can picture him fitting on your team.

Loktionov is a top 6 or bust kind of player. He is pure skill, has great hands and is very shifty with the puck, and skates pretty well. However, he is undersized, gets pushed around easily, and is a bit of an injury risk. Even with his limited playing time (59 games), he has injured his shoulder twice with us and has missed over 50 games.

He can't really play well on the wings and is a natural center which is where his skillset is also most effective. He isn't a sniper, and doesn't really have much of a shot. His primary asset is his playmaking ability. He is very good at finding the seem, passing lanes, and getting the puck onto the sticks of shooters. Pair him with a couple of shooters and he can do some damage. He isn't a defensive player, so PK is out of the question, but he can be useful on the PP.

I wish him the best, he really was well liked, and I am happy he gets another shot at the NHL. Just be wary that he may pose a flight risk if he doesn't make your roster at the end of the year, as he and Voynov were threatening KHL not too long ago; Voynov made the roster, and Loktionov didn't. I can't imagine it appeals him too much to work his way up another depth chart, so he is looking to play immediately this year, which is the reason for the discount:

https://twitter.com/reallisa/status/299299946153250816

Dean Lombardi:"You’ve got the issue is that after his contract is up he could go back to Russia.You just try to make the best deal you can"

I have a feeling he will stick around though. He has already committed over four years in North America trying to play in the NHL. But you never know and should be prepared for either scenario. Not a big deal at the cost of a 5th either way.

Cheers.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
As would I but this seems to give him the best scenario to succeed.

I wouldnt be against putting him at First Line center and putting Zajac at LW. Just tell the kid to cheat the faceoff every time and if hes kicked out Zajac just comes in an wins the faceoff :laugh:

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
I have a dilemma. Josefson belongs at center to me, looks like Sushi's better suited for center too. What about Josefson centering the 2nd line ?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Flip Josefson to wing. With a decent play maker, he might be able to pick his spots better and pot a few goals.

Ya you can do that, that isn't a terrible idea. Just a lot of people in here want to stick him with Kovy, and that is only happening if he plays on the wing. Not going to stick Henrique on the wing so Loki can play center and bump Zajac down.

If he comes up it is either to play with Yayo, maybe do what Manila suggested and flip JJ, or he has to learn to play wing with Kovy and Zajac. No reason to break the 2nd line up at the moment or CBGB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad