Confirmed with Link: Devils Acquire Andrei Loktionov

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oroku Saki*

Matteau is done here. Loki will be up as soon as a roster spot opens.

I would LOVE if he could create chemistry with Kovy.

DevilChuk*

TL;DR. Skill is all there. He's weak is the only bad thing. Never got real opportunity. Cannot play wing.

Low risk so can't not love the trade.. but that's a little disappointing to hear.

We play a system that requires good board play and doesn't sound like he has shown he can handle that.

With our current line-up, we would also much rather play him at wing IMO. I suppose Henrique could move to 1LW but that line played too good last night to break up. Probably will start off centering the fourth line for us then and Josefson will shift to LW.

This does IMO spell the end of Darche and Matteau hanging around the team.

Jun 18, 2011
New Jersey
I wouldn't break up the EHC Line. Also the CGB Line is staying together. So that leaves

Zubrus, Kovalchuk, Zajac, Josefson, Butler, Loki.

By the end of the season I think we will look like this

Elias - Henrique - Clarkson
Zubrus - Zajac - Kovalchuk
Josefson - Loktionov - Butler
Carter - Gionta - Bernier
Darche, Barch

Greene - Larsson
Volchenkov - Fayne
Salvador - Zidlicky
Tallinder - Harrold

I hope Loki can play defense.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
I think this further seals the deal that Matteau will get sent back soon. Wasting a roster spot now. Definitely makes it seem less likely Darche will get signed unless someone gets hurt. That is my 2 cents. I dobut we traded for Loki just for him to sit in the A all year.

I think Darche signing is based on Butler. If he doesn't stick I think we sign Darche to playing a checking line role.

apice3*

I wouldn't break up the EHC Line. Also the CGB Line is staying together. So that leaves

Zubrus, Kovalchuk, Zajac, Josefson, Butler, Loki.

By the end of the season I think we will look like this

Elias - Henrique - Clarkson
Zubrus - Zajac - Kovalchuk
Josefson - Loktionov - Butler
Carter - Gionta - Bernier
Darche, Barch

Greene - Larsson
Volchenkov - Fayne
Salvador - Zidlicky
Tallinder - Harrold

I hope Loki can play defense.

One too many players.

You also just listed our current team but substituted Matteau and Drache.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Low risk so can't not love the trade.. but that's a little disappointing to hear.

We play a system that requires good board play and doesn't sound like he has shown he can handle that.

With our current line-up, we would also much rather play him at wing IMO. I suppose Henrique could move to 1LW but that line played too good last night to break up. Probably will start off centering the fourth line for us then and Josefson will shift to LW.

This does IMO spell the end of Darche and Matteau hanging around the team.

Lokti can definitely play a defensive, two way sort of game but he's not going to physically dominate anyone. He's at times been okay on the boards only because he's shifty and elusive but if he gets caught, he gets separated from the puck 9 times out of 10.

apice3*

I think Darche signing is based on Butler. If he doesn't stick I think we sign Darche to playing a checking line role.

Darche and Butler are complete polar opposites in terms of the game they play.

Oroku Saki*

If you go to the trade forum regularly, you owe me a cookie.

Choclate Chip? (wassat)

tumblr_me3ylt90U21qkx01so1_400.jpg

apice3*

Lokti can definitely play a defensive, two way sort of game but he's not going to physically dominate anyone. He's at times been okay on the boards only because he's shifty and elusive but if he gets caught, he gets separated from the puck 9 times out of 10.

It sounds like you're describing a coachable, improved version of Tedenby.

Which I don't really have a problem with.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
Darche and Butler are complete polar opposites in terms of the game they play.

Yea I know. If butler isn't good enough to be on our team then I think we sign Darche and send Butler down again.

Getzo5

The Punisher
Feb 13, 2010
Presov, SVK

Mind me say that Josefson isn`t particularly strong either, he`s just fast and tenacious on the puck pursuit/forecheck and good with his stick in tight areas.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008

He definitely seems coachable. He was an offensive guy coming in to Manchester and Mark Morris, our coach down there, really rounded out his game. I live in the Bay Area of California but was out in New Hampshire in early January and caught my first ever live game for the 'Narchs. It wasn't even funny how much better Lokti was out there than everyone else. We have a "kid" line of Pearson-Vey-Toffoli that has been dominant but they seem to do it as a group. Lokti single handedly was generating offense all night, played (I believe) first unit PK, was on the PP, and ate minutes. He's ready for NHL time. We just had none with Kopi-Richards-Idiot-Fraser down the middle.

Oroku Saki*

Everyone go say you think he can be a 90pt player here and lure the suckas in.

apice3*

Mind me say that Josefson isn`t particularly strong either, he`s just fast and tenacious on the puck pursuit/forecheck and good with his stick in tight areas.

Very fair point. Parise, Elias, Josefson were/are all good defensive players without being particularly strong.

Getzo5

The Punisher
Feb 13, 2010
Presov, SVK
He definitely seems coachable. He was an offensive guy coming in to Manchester and Mark Morris, our coach down there, really rounded out his game. I live in the Bay Area of California but was out in New Hampshire in early January and caught my first ever live game for the 'Narchs. It wasn't even funny how much better Lokti was out there than everyone else. We have a "kid" line of Pearson-Vey-Toffoli that has been dominant but they seem to do it as a group. Lokti single handedly was generating offense all night, played (I believe) first unit PK, was on the PP, and ate minutes. He's ready for NHL time. We just had none with Kopi-Richards-Idiot-Fraser down the middle.
:laugh: man I like you a lot. You should come visit us more often.

MountainGoat

Welp....this will be long. Lokti was my favorite player. And I'm sad to see him go but I was expecting it.

Who is he? Well...I really like to compare Lokti to Datsyuk style wise. Obviously I don't think he'll ever hit Datsyuk level but both are smaller, left handed Russian centers who are very shifty, better passers than scorers who can score when needed, great vision, and Lokti is solid defensively. He's really a great prospect with really only maybe ONE hole in his game - he's weak as ****. Very weak. Was the one thing I consistently wanted him to work on but never really did. Despite that, I still think he's an NHL caliber player.

The problem is he never got a real chance in LA. Disregard his numbers. There was one point where Lokti was centering a line of Westgarth and your guys buddy Peter Harrold. Do you expect an offensive minded center to do well with THOSE wingers? Especially when he was going to be asked to play a checking role with little to no NHL strength? Was a recipe for failure.

The only top 6 minutes Andrei got were on LW with Kopi and some RWer at one point.

Let me be very clear here - Andrei is a center. I felt like this needed to be broken off from the rest of the post just so you guys don't skim over it. He cannot play wing. Dunno why but he just is a natural center and is not good on the wing. Give him a chance in your top 6 as a center and I think he can thrive.

Also, during his time in LA, his coach was mostly Terry Murray. Terry doesn't really just preach defense first...he kills offense. Absolutely kills it. Darrly Sutter isn't much better.

TL;DR. Skill is all there. He's weak is the only bad thing. Never got real opportunity. Cannot play wing.

I wish him all the best and he will forever hold a place in my heart. :laugh: Such a great deal for you guys and wish you the best as well moving forward. Will probably lurk around if anyone has any questions/keep up with how he's doing.

I never seen Loki play so thanks for the write up, I'm excited to see his first game as a Devil

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver
For a 5th round pick this is a steal. If hes paired with Kovy, just watch his assist pile up. Loki never really fit in with LA, he would get a few chances but thats it. IMO if he finds chemistry with kovy.. its gonna be deadly, also he should help out the powerplay.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
I never seen Loki play so thanks for the write up, I'm excited to see his first game as a Devil

No problem. I believe he played a game in the cup finals vs you guys but that might have been in an earlier round. Been watching Lokti since he was winning a Mem Cup in Windsor with Taylor Hall. His first professional game, at either 18 or 19, he scored a hatty. Been his biggest supporter for a long while now.

:laugh: man I like you a lot. You should come visit us more often.

:laugh:

Thanks. Might have to to keep tabs on my commie *******.

apice3*

How is he on the forecheck? That's a pretty important part of our system.

And out of curiosity, does he have any ties to Kovalchuk at all?

MauDevils

Jan 11, 2009
New Jersey
A very good deal.

I was laughing at everyone who wants him on our top line already, but after reading this he does sound like a good match for Kovy. Defensively responsible Russian playmaker who likes to get his chances on the rush.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad