Confirmed with Link: Devils Acquire Andrei Loktionov

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Can't complain about that. Interested to see if he can crack the Devils lineup.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Loktionov - Zajac - Kovalchuk
Elias - Henrique - Clarkson
Zubrus - Josefson - Butler
Carter - Gionta - Bernier

I know Loktionov played with Henrique and there could be chemistry there, but from what I've heard, the better his linemates the better Loktionov will play. Also he's a great playmaker, and could really thrive playing with Kovalchuk if Kovy decides to shoot more.

KingKopitar11*

You guys got away with murder. I'm so pissed at this trade.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
From what I've comprehended.

Loktionov is almost like a blend between Josefson and Tedenby. He's got the offense and the vision with some IQ. His defensive game isn't anywhere near Josefson's though.

He is best suited as a center in the top six, apparently trying him at LW has failed.

Based on that, if he gets called up, I think it would be best if we see:

Henrique-Zajac-Kovalchuk
Elias-Loktionov-Clarkson
Zubrus-Josefson-Butler
Carter-Gionta-Bernier

Hell, if you want, switch JJ and Loktionov to see who fits better. To me, it just gives us one more option, and I'm fine with that. I'd rather experiment with these low-risk players than jumping the gun and trading Tallinder or a defender for a forward right away. I'd rather wait to do that until everything else fails.

Last edited:

LetsGoDevils

May 6, 2004
From what I've comprehended.

Loktionov is almost like a blend between Josefson and Tedenby. He's got the offense and the vision with some IQ. His defensive game isn't anywhere near Josefson's though.

He is best suited as a center in the top six, apparently trying him at LW has failed.

Based on that, if he gets called up, I think it would be best if we see:

Henrique-Zajac-Zubrus
Elias-Loktionov-Clarkson
Zubrus-Josefson-Butler
Carter-Gionta-Bernier

Hell, if you want, switch JJ and Loktionov to see who fits better. To me, it just gives us one more option, and I'm fine with that. I'd rather experiment with these low-risk players than jumping the gun and trading Tallinder or a defender for a forward right away. I'd rather wait to do that until everything else fails.

I think that lineup might be somewhat better with Kovalchuk in it. Not sure though. :)

Devilsfan92

Jan 4, 2008
I like it! Only a 5th? No real loss and a potential at a high reward.

Loki as a nickname is awesome, btw. Maybe he will be the new Purcell/Moulson. :D

SCARFACE909

Feb 20, 2012
Who cares? We gave up a 5th rounder and centers are very capable of playing wing.

Can anyone tell us more about his game?

Lokti isn't one of those centers who can play wing, tried it with the Kings so he could be in the top 6 and it failed.

apice3*

Lokti isn't one of those centers who can play wing, tried it with the Kings so he could be in the top 6 and it failed.

If that's the case, the current centers we have can move to wing if it betters the team.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Welp....this will be long. Lokti was my favorite player. And I'm sad to see him go but I was expecting it.

Who is he? Well...I really like to compare Lokti to Datsyuk style wise. Obviously I don't think he'll ever hit Datsyuk level but both are smaller, left handed Russian centers who are very shifty, better passers than scorers who can score when needed, great vision, and Lokti is solid defensively. He's really a great prospect with really only maybe ONE hole in his game - he's weak as ****. Very weak. Was the one thing I consistently wanted him to work on but never really did. Despite that, I still think he's an NHL caliber player.

The problem is he never got a real chance in LA. Disregard his numbers. There was one point where Lokti was centering a line of Westgarth and your guys buddy Peter Harrold. Do you expect an offensive minded center to do well with THOSE wingers? Especially when he was going to be asked to play a checking role with little to no NHL strength? Was a recipe for failure.

The only top 6 minutes Andrei got were on LW with Kopi and some RWer at one point.

Let me be very clear here - Andrei is a center. I felt like this needed to be broken off from the rest of the post just so you guys don't skim over it. He cannot play wing. Dunno why but he just is a natural center and is not good on the wing. Give him a chance in your top 6 as a center and I think he can thrive.

Also, during his time in LA, his coach was mostly Terry Murray. Terry doesn't really just preach defense first...he kills offense. Absolutely kills it. Darrly Sutter isn't much better.

TL;DR. Skill is all there. He's weak is the only bad thing. Never got real opportunity. Cannot play wing.

I wish him all the best and he will forever hold a place in my heart. :laugh: Such a great deal for you guys and wish you the best as well moving forward. Will probably lurk around if anyone has any questions/keep up with how he's doing.

Oroku Saki*

Apice, I called it on the Trade Forum thread. Where is my cookie?

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
Elias-Zajac-Kovalchuk
Henrique-Loktionov-Clarkson
Zubrus-Josefson-Butler
Carter-Gionta-Bernier

Getzo5

The Punisher
Feb 13, 2010
Presov, SVK
Lol you guys got top 6 potential while we got a 5th rounder its hard not to be upset
First off, I`ve always liked him, that needs to be said.

But you seem to have an extreme amount of confidence in him, which, considering his numbers, is quite concerning actually. Could you be more specific?

Don`t get me wrong, I`d love to see him blossom, but there haven`t been much if any evidence to support your opinion on why he could become a legitimate top6 talent in the NHL. I certainly hope he proves his doubters wrong, just not holding my breath.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I dunno if they'll call him up immediately.

Wonder how this affects that Darche/Matteau situation

I think this further seals the deal that Matteau will get sent back soon. Wasting a roster spot now. Definitely makes it seem less likely Darche will get signed unless someone gets hurt. That is my 2 cents. I dobut we traded for Loki just for him to sit in the A all year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad