Confirmed with Link: Devils Acquire Andrei Loktionov

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDpassantino

Jan 16, 2012
I like the deal and something is curious Teddy has not played in Albany yet because of "soreness". I guess im just looking way into this.lol

theking72

Confucius Ackbar
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
NJ
untitled.jpg

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
If Loki plays with another skill player it changes his potential immediately, if we're pulling a Josefson and stick him on the 4th line our results our results aren't going to be pretty.

He needs to play with Patty, Kovy, etc.

I know it's early and we sometimes get carried away when we acquire someone, but if he gets called up, I'd want the Devils to stick him in between Elias and Clarkson, move Henrique to LW, and Zubrus to the third line. Gives him the best chance to succeed.

apice3*

Dug into the archives. First person to mention Loktionov was AfroThunder. Someone suggested trading Urbom straight up. Devils Trap said we could get him for less.

So I will applaud those two.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

... Whenever you land a possible NHL caliber player with a 5th round pick, you've immediatly upgraded your team.

Great job Lou.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
No issues at all with this trade. Builds up some forward depth, as others have said. Don't think Lou is quite done yet, though.

battlingBard56

May 30, 2011
Union County, NJ
Hmm. Loktionov wanting out or not, getting him for a 5th is really surprising to me. The Kings must've wanted to move him where he would have a chance to show what he could do, similar to how the Devils moved certain players so they could play a role elsewhere.
Definite upgrade at a low cost, great trade.

Roomtemperature

Apr 8, 2008
New Jersey
He played some wing for the Kings but he was invisible. He plays well at center.

He is an under-sized play-making center. Great vision, passing ability, and can hang onto the puck and make things happen. Not good on face-offs or in a 4th line role. His skill doesn't come out unless he is playing with other skilled players. He is decent in his own end but his size is a liability along the boards.

He is very good on the power play. He needs to get better 5 on 5 to stick in the NHL. He could center a 3rd line regularly if he has wingers that can put the puck in the net.

Honestly in the NHL it seems like the 4th line in the playoffs should be WAY different then that of the regular season. In the regular season you have nights where you need it to be flexible. Maybe a fighter or a checker. In the playoffs too much skill is not a bad thing

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Dug into the archives. First person to mention Loktionov was AfroThunder. Someone suggested trading Urbom straight up. Devils Trap said we could get him for less.

So I will applaud those two.

Didn't someone even mention Tallinder straight up for him?

I was slagging Lou a lot during the off season, but he has not disappointed this year. Still work to be done, but it shows me he's not standing pat.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Bye Bye Barch hopefully

Also dont look into him being in Albany. He will stay in Albany until we make room for a roster spot. Need to free one up before he can be called up I believe

NJDFan4Life

Jun 25, 2009
Canada
Tom Gulitti @TGfireandice
Loktionov was teammates with Adam Henrique in 2008-09 with Windsor (OHL). He was a 2008 5th round pick by Kings.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Fun fact:

5 out of Loktionov's 7 career NHL goals have come from February 11 to February 21. 4 out of the 7 have come from February 11 to the 16th.

So if Lou was smart, he'd call him up in a week :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad