Confirmed with Link: Devils Acquire Andrei Loktionov

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
How is he on the forecheck? That's a pretty important part of our system.

And out of curiosity, does he have any ties to Kovalchuk at all?

He's alright on the forecheck. He's decent at stealing pucks and I remember in I believe one of the first AHL games this year, the Monarchs played the PBruins and Lokti on the PK blocked a breakout pass, took the puck to the net, and scored all while forechecking. Not going to say it's really one of the best or very strong points of his game, but he's not awful at it.

Lokti is represented by Igor Larionov. Igor is his mentor as well but that's all I know. No clue if he's got any connections there but I'm sure it'll be HUGE for Lokti as his English is still poor, although he has been improving over the years.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
So despite all the vision, playmaking, top 6 talk and being a bargain at a 5th round pick in trade... All I am hearing screaming at me is he's a center that is weak on the puck and is horrible at faceoffs. I can't get that excited to hear we got another sub-performing faceoffs guy that is crap at wing.

I'll wait to cheer until he proves that scouting report wrong.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
The more I hear about him, the more I want to see him on a line with Zubrus.
He'll need a big body on his line.

Butler-Zajac-Kovy
Elias-Henrique-Clarkson
Josefson-Loktionov-Zubrus
Carter-Gionta-Bernier

...sorry Darche :(

Jersey Man

Mad Dog
Oct 20, 2008
New York, NY
So despite all the vision, playmaking, top 6 talk and being a bargain at a 5th round pick in trade... All I am hearing screaming at me is he's a center that is weak on the puck and is horrible at faceoffs. I can't get that excited to hear we got another sub-performing faceoffs guy that is crap at wing.

Same. Kid is only 22 too.

DeeMeck

Jan 19, 2008
Another thing you will need to pay attention to is that his contract expires after this year and is a legitimate flight risk back to Russia. I think that drove his price down. Teams aren't going to give up a second or a third for a guy who may go make more money in the KHL.

New Jersey has to give the guy a shot. There is alot of $$$ in the KHL for a player like him. He won't be content playing in the AHL. It is why he demanded a trade in the 1st place.

He went in the 5th round because GMs didn't know if he would EVER come over. Lombardi was instrumental in convincing him and Voynov to come and play major junior.

The kid has paid his dues in the AHL and was talked into coming and playing major junior with absolutely ZERO english skills. I wouldn't be surprised if he went back to the KHL if he isn't satisfied with the playing time he gets in the NHL this season.

GM17*

Is he not automatically assigned to Albany because he was on LA's minor league team?

So he's still on ELC + can be brought up at moment's notice.

downtown56

Mar 5, 2008
reallisa: Dean Lombardi:"You’ve got the issue is that after his contract is up he could go back to Russia.You just try to make the best deal you can"

retweeted by TG

aboriginal

lou ****ing sucks
Mar 10, 2006
LV-426
always liked this kid. so im happy to have him. still, ill temper any expectations. people talking about chemistry this and that with kovy. kovy is playing with zajac right now, i dont think hell be taking his spot. i hope he gets playing time and succeed/stays. hope to see him up in the bigs soon.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
Absolutely. the goal here is to make the 3rd line a legit line. Sushi-Josefson-Clarkson's like

:thumbu:

I hope he can stick. If so.....
Give him and Josefson one of Zubrus or Clarkson and we can comfortably roll 4 scoring lines again.

CBGB won't be outmatched anymore, Josefson gets to play with real NHL players all game and Kovy doesn't get double shifted.

Fresher legs all around in a compressed season.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Wow, I'm surprised that Lou got this done so cheaply. I'm interested to see what he can do, and I'm pleased the LA fans seem to have a high opinion of him.

Whoever called it in the trades thread, take a bow.

battlingBard56

May 30, 2011
Union County, NJ
Another thing you will need to pay attention to is that his contract expires after this year and is a legitimate flight risk back to Russia. I think that drove his price down. Teams aren't going to give up a second or a third for a guy who may go make more money in the KHL.

New Jersey has to give the guy a shot. There is alot of $$$ in the KHL for a player like him. He won't be content playing in the AHL. It is why he demanded a trade in the 1st place.

He went in the 5th round because GMs didn't know if he would EVER come over. Lombardi was instrumental in convincing him and Voynov to come and play major junior.

The kid has paid his dues in the AHL and was talked into coming and playing major junior with absolutely ZERO english skills. I wouldn't be surprised if he went back to the KHL if he isn't satisfied with the playing time he gets in the NHL this season.

I know he was team mates with Voynov in LA so maybe this is a moot point I'm about to make, but I'm sure Kovalchuk will be more than happy to take Loktionov under his wing when he gets into the lineup.

JMarce

Feb 4, 2012
As long as they can find a place for him on a line besides the CBGB line I'm happy. Hopefully they can significantly cut down on the double shifting of Kovy now. Assuming the move is to send Matteau back to juniors now I'd much rather give up a 5th round pick for Loki than burn a year for Matteau's ELC or keep putting Barch in every game. This probably also means that Lou thinks he will at the least be better than Darche.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Zubrus also speaks Russian as well. We are a very friendly Russian team. ;)

MasterofGrond

No, I'm not serious.
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2009
Rochester, NY
Really hate the whole "He's top 6 or bust" cliche

Not everybody rolls the identical strategies for their lines everybody, this the year of our lord 2013.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012

I couldn't care less about FO if he's a legit 2-way center. FO'd be just the icing on the cake.

RJK

Feb 25, 2010
NC
nice. did some research on this kid a couple weeks back as it was rumored he wanted out of LA. seems skilled with lots of room to grow. i assume lou knows about his flight risk back to russia so i would expect to see him eventually on the big club this year

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Just got me thinking. Does this make Tedenby expendable? I think we could see a follow up trade getting rid of a D and Teddy. Making it a package deal to acquire a top 6 forward.

I don't think it makes much of a difference for Tedenby in terms of whether he's more or less likely to be traded, but this is more competition for a spot.

No matter how you slice it, we gave up a 5th rounder for a former 5th rounder who has since developed. It's a win no matter what happens.

Exactly. Remember, we got a fifth for freaking PL3, and he's not even a real player. Lou has turned a pick with the same chance of hitting as a lottery ticket, into a high potential player here.

No complaints from me, even if Loktionov doesn't work out. This is the type of low risk, potentially high reward move Lou needs to make more of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad