Confirmed with Link: Devils Acquire Andrei Loktionov

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
The Kings website has player autobiographies where the players tell how they grew up and their journey to the NHL. Sure, his is translated, and I don't know if a someone from the organization helps them, but here's Loktionov's:

My Story: Andrei Loktionov

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
Believe this is wrong. First, he got that nickname in Windsor, not Manchester. Second, I believe he got it because his teammates thought he looked like him. Also, I hate the nickname Loki. It's Lokti. ;)

Yeah, I use "minors" generically for anything below NHL level in North America, but technically it was juniors with the Windsor Spitfires - you're right. I tried looking it up online, and supposedly there was a story in the Windsor Star that says the fans coined the nickname (so we might be both wrong there) because of his on-ice smarts. But the link to the original story is gone.

I like Loki better - it's more colorful sharing a moniker with the Norse trickster god, and I hope he is just as shifty on the ice for the Devils. ;)

Last edited:

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
A friend just sent me a message....

"I think the Devils brass see the potential for Sergei Brylin 2.0"

What do you think?

I don't think that's what Lou had in mind for this deal. Loktionov doesn't have nearly the defensive acumen or puck responsibility that Brylin had.

And I have a feeling, soon to be Matteau.

Almost certainly. Though I hope his ceiling is higher than that offensively.

Oroku Saki*

Lok can always learn how to play defense. If Kovy can, anyone can. And he's only 22.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Any guesses on when he arrives? I thought Matteau would go back, but now I'm not sure if he will. Maybe Butler goes back for him?

dougiebrown

Oct 22, 2007
New Jersey
FWIW, Pierre McGuire was on with Francesa today and raved about the Loktionov deal, saying he's a very skillful player whose talents translate well to the Devils.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
FWIW, Pierre McGuire was on with Francesa today and raved about the Loktionov deal, saying he's a very skillful player whose talents translate well to the Devils.

Pierre says a lot of things. But I will choose to believe him this time. :)

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
Any guesses on when he arrives? I thought Matteau would go back, but now I'm not sure if he will. Maybe Butler goes back for him?

Too many variables.

Depends on Matteau and/or Butler sticking with the team.
Depends on how long Zubrus is out for.
Depends if Lou has any trades up his sleeve.

Like I said earlier today, I officially give up trying to get into that man's head.

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
Devils GM Lamoriello on Loktionov(in the radio interview) ‘will be 1C in Albany, brings skill that we don’t have in minors, a depth move’

Seems to me he has to prove himself first which makes sense. Glad we got something in Keaton Ellerby with your pick. Should be a great addition to our depth.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
As expected, he has to learn the system and prove he can play it before being promoted. He'll get his look later this year if he can pick it up.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I wish he could come up now so we could send Matteau back. With the QMJHL season ending on March 17th, if he doesn't go back in a couple weeks then I can't see him going back at all.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
When is he gonna start playing in Albany? I really hope he tears it up and gets the call. Butler has played well though I'm not sure who he'd go in for. Barch hopefully.

Oroku Saki*

I wish he could come up now so we could send Matteau back. With the QMJHL season ending on March 17th, if he doesn't go back in a couple weeks then I can't see him going back at all.

I don't think he goes back. His game is better suited for the NHL and he's had his scoring chances.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't think he goes back. His game is better suited for the NHL and he's had his scoring chances.

I think a better offensive player is more suited to our needs right now. Though if Barch would GTFO and into the press box, Matteau would be a good option on the 4th line, or 3rd. Whatever you wanna call it. I really don't like seeing him on the 1st line though.

Oroku Saki*

I think a better offensive player is more suited to our needs right now. Though if Barch would GTFO and into the press box, Matteau would be a good option on the 4th line, or 3rd. Whatever you wanna call it. I really don't like seeing him on the 1st line though.

Me either but we have to wait for Sushi to come up or for Lou to trade Tallinder.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Me either but we have to wait for Sushi to come up or for Lou to trade Tallinder.

How long do you think before we see him called up? At this point I'm not sure I see Tallinder gone until the deadline. I am very confident Larsson will not be a healthy scratch anymore. We need Zid for the PP, and Volch for the PK, so it might take a defenseman going on LTIR for Tallinder to get back in the lineup.

Another scenario I can see is Butler going back to Albany, and Loktionov then coming up. Not that Butler deserves the demotion, but this all stems from having 8 defensemen, and only being able to carry 13 forwards instead of 14. You also wonder how long Zubrus is out for.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
Actually I think Loctite is a good nickname.

images

Oroku Saki*

I'd say a Butler/Loki swap could happen within a week. Butler needs to score some goals for that not to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad