Confirmed with Link: Devils Acquire Andrei Loktionov

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
And just let it be known, Parise totally signed that contract for the money. Kovalchuk got a lot of flack because he wasn't able to cover it up as well as Parise did.

Kovy had the 100 million dollar figure. People overlooked the fact that he went from a bottom feeder to a perennial contender.

Parise also got the 100 million dollar contract, but he was able to BS through it by saying he was going "home" and bringing Suter with him made people not only forget that the Wild suck but actually tricked them into thinking they were contenders. So Parise comes out looking like a good guy while Kovy a bad guy.

Let's be honest, Parise would have signed that contract with ANY team. Kovalchuk did not. He actually passed up more money in the KHL and the Islanders to play for a winner. He still got paid, but money wasn't the ONLY thing he was after. Otherwise he would be somewhere else.

Parise loved Minnesota so much that he went to North Dakota for college. Yeah, he is such a good guy. What a crock, and the media ate that **** up.

- @Bob McKenzie RT @SlavaMalamudthedbag: breaking news Kovalchuk doesn't want to come back, stays in KHL for life, I quote "I hated NJ. F them all." - Retweeted 25000 times

- Kovalchuk unhappy with media, says he never had intention to bolt out = who cares/so what ?/ he's still overpaid / didn't show up in SCF / no goal the last 5 games.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
My fellow Devils fans, it's time we enter and embrace the Post Parise Era.

Look at it this way, our pretty good run of Cup accumulation came to a screeching halt immediately after drafting him :sarcasm: ;)

Now that we shook off that hex... it's time to start winning those Cups again and time to send several other teams into irrelevancy.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Our offer was competitive. People who think Parise left because we had "ownership issues" are out of their mind. He could have stayed if he wanted to. He left because he wanted to go home and play with Ryan Suter. He said so much himself.

No the offer was never competitive. Not the the offer in the RFA year or the UFA year. It was reported that in the RFA year Parise was looking for 8+ ...the Devils where nowhere in that ball park and couldn't offer him anything like that hence 6 million 1 year....then Lou begged him to stay for 80 when at least 4 teams were offering more...How is any of that competitive?

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
No the offer was never competitive. Not the the offer in the RFA year or the UFA year. It was reported that in the RFA year Parise was looking for 8+ ...the Devils where nowhere in that ball park and couldn't offer him anything like that hence 6 million 1 year....then Lou begged him to stay for 80 when at least 4 teams were offering more...How is any of that competitive?

Do you think Parise's worth a 13 years/$98M contract, $7.5M cap-hit and $24M in signing bonuses ?

He's worth 10 years/$70M $7M cap-hit and nothing more and I think Lou made him this kind of offer.

Even the Wild fans agree they had to overpay to get him.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Do you think Parise's worth a 13 years/$98M contract, $7.5M cap-hit and $24M in signing bonuses ?

He's worth 10 years/$70M $7M cap-hit and nothing more and I think Lou made him this kind of offer.

Even the Wild fans agree they had to overpay to get him.

I don't think any player is worth that much....but considering there was a player on his own team that was a measuring stick....and Parise was better in almost every facet of the game......

Yeah he was worth 98 million.

Oroku Saki*

If Kovalev can keep playing, Kovy can. I see Parise falling off a cliff when his motor goes.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
I don't think any player is worth that much....but considering there was a player on his own team that was a measuring stick....and Parise was better in almost every facet of the game......

Yeah he was worth 98 million.

Parise's maybe worth it today, but what will it be in 5 years ? We can't predict the future but from what everyone knows and sees one of these 2 guys is going to age better than the other, supposedly.

We'll see, but the reasons to think that Kovalchuk's going to age pretty damn well are legitimate IMO.

NJD Kula

THE SPITFIRES LINE
Jan 16, 2009
По&#1082
www.rshl.org
Also one of them can score a goal outside of two feet from the crease.

Was parise worth his cap hit? Yes. Is he worth $24mil up front? Only if you have an owner with deep pockets. Will he be worth it a few years from now? Idk but I'd rather bet on kovy and note kovy's contract is far better, a leaner cap hit and money spread out over a billion years.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I am 100% convinced that Kovy will be more productive offensively in the latter years of his career than Parise will be. I believe that Zach's contract will not look good after 5-6 years.

EDIT: To steer the topic back, this is an excellent value trade to get a potential player for a 5th. I hope to see him up with the big club soon enough.

Devils86

Apr 8, 2008
I think Lou wanted to lock up Parise long term in 2011. I think someone on here was very adamant about the fact that he was not happy we gave Kovalchuk the lifelong contract, and not him. I think it was Devils86. The one who knew Zach's then fiance, now wife. I've also heard this from others too.

I don't specifically know if it was Kovys contract but I do know he had no intention of signing long term in 2011. Lou wanted to talk deal but Zach only wanted the stop gap deal. I also know that it came down to Minn and the Devils pretty early .(This forward is from a mutual 3rd party).... it took so long because Parise had to convince the misses to leave. Apparently Becky Suter was a huge player in all of this in swaying Alisha.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't specifically know if it was Kovys contract but I do know he had no intention of signing long term in 2011. Lou wanted to talk deal but Zach only wanted the stop gap deal. I also know that it came down to Minn and the Devils pretty early .(This forward is from a mutual 3rd party).... it took so long because Parise had to convince the misses to leave. Apparently Becky Suter was a huge player in all of this in swaying Alisha.

Yeah I remember you mentioning his fiance really liked it up there in Jersey.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Parise's maybe worth it today, but what will it be in 5 years ? We can't predict the future but from what everyone knows and sees one of these 2 guys is going to age better than the other, supposedly.

We'll see, but the reasons to think that Kovalchuk's going to age pretty damn well are legitimate IMO.

And how in the world can you project what any player will be doing 5 years from now? Should Dino Ciccereli have had the career he did? How about Pat Verbeek?

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
And how in the world can you project what any player will be doing 5 years from now? Should Dino Ciccereli have had the career he did? How about Pat Verbeek?

Parise and Kovalchuk have totally different ways to be effective. I won't describe them because you know both players probably better than me. Like I said nobody can predict what will happen. I'm just saying Kovalchuk didn't look that awful during the playoffs using like 50% of his physical skills.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Let's be honest, Parise would have signed that contract with ANY team. Kovalchuk did not. He actually passed up more money in the KHL and the Islanders to play for a winner. He still got paid, but money wasn't the ONLY thing he was after. Otherwise he would be somewhere else.

I have no use for Zach but he 'was' offered a similar contract from multiple teams. Which makes his choice of Minnesota even more baffling, as if JP guilted him into coming home. The market was so dramatically different with Zach and Kovy, Zach literally had double-digit teams making serious pitches, Kovy had two that we know of (well three counting Atlanta before they traded him) - and Deano's was a half-serious pitch at best. The Islander offer for Kovy may or may not have been a myth.

elias026

Jul 12, 2006
montreal
I have no use for Zach but he 'was' offered a similar contract from multiple teams. Which makes his choice of Minnesota even more baffling, as if JP guilted him into coming home. The market was so dramatically different with Zach and Kovy, Zach literally had double-digit teams making serious pitches, Kovy had two - and one was a half-serious pitch.

It wouldnt surprise me, Parise seems like the emotional type. For wtv the reason JP did not like NJ and wanted his son out of here the first chance possible

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Lou did offer him a retire as a Devil contract. Minny just blew our offer out of the water, I don't know the years but we did offer him around 80 million. No GM besides Milbury would offer that after a grinder type player missed a whole season with an injury.

I'm still annoyed that the Wild managed to leak their offer to him before July 1, and somehow that isn't considered tampering.

Maybe on a previous contract, but I wouldn't match what he's making now.

He's going to be 29 soon. My worry was always long-term with him, once he loses a step he's in trouble.

I agree with you. His game is based on speed on the forecheck and strength in the crease. Once he can't pressure the puck carrier or get to the garbage rebounds fast enough, his game will wilt quickly. Never know though, Andreychuk hung on for a while playing that type of game.

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
Kovy >>>> Parise any day of the week and twice on Sunday. And I'm not just saying that because I'm scorned. When Kovy first got here, he had years of bad habits to unlearn, however, he has always been a better player than lip service. He definitely didn't execute certain aspects of his game nearly as well, but Ilya is an all world talent in a monster's body. Parise, on the other hand, is a nice player who relies heavily on his smarts and his ridiculous work ethic. But as mentioned by others, his contract is going to get real ugly and that day isn't all that far away.

NJ knew what they were doing and they absolutely got the better guy in Kovalchuk. And all of the money that didn't go to Parise, well that only helped keep Zajac long term. It sucks how he decided to leave here, especially after he finally got his wish by having playoff success, but the Devils are so much better off this way. You definitely notice his absence so far this season, but long term wise, it's all gravy.

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
The biggest sign to me that the Devils are making the right moves are the standings. We make the playoffs and can go on a run, that's all I want as a fan.

The games haven't been pretty at times, but we clearly have the right staff to get the right players and/or the players doing the right things. Constantly too much ado about nothing around here. Which I get, it's an internet message board, we're suppose to discuss things, but we constantly are getting into crazy talk land lately I feel.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009

I'm sorry but that's all speculation. You have no idea if that's true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad