Confirmed with Link: Devils Acquire Andrei Loktionov

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'd say a Butler/Loki swap could happen within a week. Butler needs to score some goals for that not to happen.

I think that could happen if we would split him up from Barch. I don't dislike Barch as much as Boulton, or Janssen but I don't think we need him every game. If Zubrus is healthy I don't see the need to play him Tuesday against the Canes. We could have a much better 3rd/4th line with Matteau-Josefson-Butler.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
I don't think he goes back. His game is better suited for the NHL and he's had his scoring chances.

Needs to start putting up points though. I know Kovy has been in a slump, but anybody should be able to put up points playing with him.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Devils GM Lamoriello on Loktionov(in the radio interview) ‘will be 1C in Albany, brings skill that we don’t have in minors, a depth move’

Seems to me he has to prove himself first which makes sense. Glad we got something in Keaton Ellerby with your pick. Should be a great addition to our depth.

That business about being a "depth move for Albany" is the same thing Lou said about Bernier last year.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Lou says a lot of things. By now we should know never to take anything at face value. Hunter was supposed to be a big boost to our bottom 6, a day before we bought him out.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Lou is testing his character. That man doesn't say things without a purpose. Ever.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Lou is testing his character. That man doesn't say things without a purpose. Ever.

Absolutely. Until he's 100% trusting your loyalty, Lou is going to test you. See the 1 year contract to Zach Parise. He''s been tested and bolted out.

hlaverty06

Feb 11, 2012
NJ all day
Actually I think Loctite is a good nickname.

images

If he's defense is really good thats not a bad name

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Absolutely. Until he's 100% trusting your loyalty, Lou is going to test you. See the 1 year contract to Zach Parise. He''s been tested and bolted out.

Devils could never afford to make a competitive offer to Parise...that was the problem there

Oroku Saki*

And we could never pay him that bonus money with ownership problems. We were about 25-30 million short of Minny's offer.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Devils could never afford to make a competitive offer to Parise...that was the problem there

I think it's more complicated than that. It's been told Lamoriello made a competitive offer to him but Parise really wanted to test the market, no matter what.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think Lou wanted to lock up Parise long term in 2011. I think someone on here was very adamant about the fact that he was not happy we gave Kovalchuk the lifelong contract, and not him. I think it was Devils86. The one who knew Zach's then fiance, now wife. I've also heard this from others too.

Oroku Saki*

I think Lou wanted to lock up Parise long term in 2011. I think someone on here was very adamant about the fact that he was not happy we gave Kovalchuk the lifelong contract, and not him. I think it was Devils86. The one who knew Zach's then fiance, now wife. I've also heard this from others too.

Lou did offer him a retire as a Devil contract. Minny just blew our offer out of the water, I don't know the years but we did offer him around 80 million. No GM besides Milbury would offer that after a grinder type player missed a whole season with an injury.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
In the end, we're worse off "right now" without Parise... but in all honesty, we have so much more flexibility with the roster going forward through these next few years.

Zajac & Kovy are locked up long term, and now we can start building around them. Your future is pretty bright if you're building around those two.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
Our offer was competitive. People who think Parise left because we had "ownership issues" are out of their mind. He could have stayed if he wanted to. He left because he wanted to go home and play with Ryan Suter. He said so much himself.

Oroku Saki*

Our offer was competitive. People who think Parise left because we had "ownership issues" are out of their mind. He could have stayed if he wanted to. He left because he wanted to go home and play with Ryan Suter. He said so much himself.

Yeah but that extra 20/30 million and half of that on day one sounds mighty nice. Money was a huge factor.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I thought it's been widely known Lou wanted to lock him up in 2011? The reasoning they initially gave though was to avoid arbitration. I'm pretty sure the guy knew he was going to leave. If not then he lied to the people in Minnesota when he said ''Well I always knew I wanted to come home to play'' which was 2 days after the Devils were ''Still in the mix''.

apice3*

We'd be a better team with Parise, no doubt, but as of right now, the only time I miss him is when we're forechecking. He was ferocious at it. That being said, our forecheck has improved every game and is getting back to where it should be. I'm pleasantly surprised at how the team hasn't really skipped a beat on offense without him.

apice3*

And just let it be known, Parise totally signed that contract for the money. Kovalchuk got a lot of flack because he wasn't able to cover it up as well as Parise did.

Kovy had the 100 million dollar figure. People overlooked the fact that he went from a bottom feeder to a perennial contender.

Parise also got the 100 million dollar contract, but he was able to BS through it by saying he was going "home" and bringing Suter with him made people not only forget that the Wild suck but actually tricked them into thinking they were contenders. So Parise comes out looking like a good guy while Kovy a bad guy.

Let's be honest, Parise would have signed that contract with ANY team. Kovalchuk did not. He actually passed up more money in the KHL and the Islanders to play for a winner. He still got paid, but money wasn't the ONLY thing he was after. Otherwise he would be somewhere else.

Parise loved Minnesota so much that he went to North Dakota for college. Yeah, he is such a good guy. What a crock, and the media ate that **** up.

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
I hope lokti gets a legitimate shot with the big club in the near future once he gets settled into the organization.

battlingBard56

May 30, 2011
Union County, NJ
Butler has looked like Parise on the forecheck a few times.

The #9 on his jersey helps :laugh: ... but I heard someplace that when Butler was a free agent, we were really interested in his services. Ottawa managed to get him before we did though.

One has to think that Butler's ability to forecheck and his two way game was what we were after then, not just his ability to shoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad