Post-Game Talk: Devil VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
I don't know if this person exists, but give me a 20 year younger Torts, who's a bit more in tune with modern hockey.

Making the guys run until they drop before they ever hit the ice in camp has lived in my head rent free for a decade. I need it.

TheGortonConspiracy

Wow its a nice GM
May 2, 2017
NYC
Time for bed
At least I have Bae to keep me warm
Shoutout Keg Room on 36th
37128417-9-C9-D-417-A-A046-CE40-C25-D38-D6.jpg

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
A little concerned about Fox. He was seriously undressed at times this series. And he wasn't doing well for a long stretch before the postseason anyway. I still think too much Panarin influence has seeped into his game. But he took a really long time to get rid of the puck. Maybe it was NJ's coverage.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Guess we will ask him to waive and if he doesn't you have to commit to the buyout.

Sorry but I'd rather the dead cap + a bit of cap space to fill his spot with a playoff performer than to waste the next 3 years with him on the roster taking up significant cap space and a roster spot with 2 assists (1 PP, 1 secondary assist) and ZERO goals through 7 games.
You get nothing for buying him out, not even a minimum contract level saving. You'd be better off just scratching him every night

1682999404840.png

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Lafreniere is such a huge disappointment. I know they're trained to not say anything meaningful in interviews but does anyone think he's disappointed in himself at all too? Or does he just look at Jimmy Vesey and figure that the worst case scenario is he reinvents himself as a grinder 10 years from now and hangs around long enough to make great money anyway?

Reactions: The Gloaming

ReddestRum

Sad even when winning
Dec 19, 2013
I just became a really big Canes fan tonight. The Devils may be too much for them but they will compete.

I honestly don't give a shit who wins at this point. As a Rangers fan living in Colorado, I'm hella glad I don't have to put up with Avs (or any hockey for that matter) until next season.

Reactions: Boris Zubov

kinger8998

Apr 5, 2015
Nova Scotia
So you’re wrong on everything except Jones
You want Kane and Tarasenko back? Even if they both want $5 million?

And you seriously don't think Panarin, who has a stat line of 7 goals in 29 Ranger playoffs games as the 2nd highest paid player in the league and coming off 2 assists (1 PP, 1 secondary) in a 7 game series is the issue? You blame Gallant and not the 2nd most expensive player in the league who disappears when it matters most?

God, I thought the Kravtsov thing with you was just a one off ... but man you continue to amaze with how little hockey sense you have

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Should be Devils in 5 over Carolina, but it might take a bit longer going from one series to another so quickly. If the Devils ever win game 1, it’s a sweep chance.

Reactions: NCRanger

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
A little concerned about Fox. He was seriously undressed at times this series. And he wasn't doing well for a long stretch before the postseason anyway. I still think too much Panarin influence has seeped into his game. But he took a really long time to get rid of the puck. Maybe it was NJ's coverage.

Guys have off games?

Makar looked like a clown against Seattle. He won the Conn Smythe last year.

McAvoy looked like flaming ass against Florida, he's one of the best defensemen in the league.

Shit happens.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Othmann can't skate. Prepare to be let down again.

If there's one thing this organization keeps getting wrong that I can tangibly point to, it's that.

Nobody they draft can skate and they don't seem to work on it.

What is your angle here? Keep writing off the young players, to do what exactly? Is everything solved when the coaching staff and front office are gutted? Rebuild 2.0 while our Norris and Vezina winners are in their prime doesn’t sound like the sharpest move.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Reactions: CLW

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Can I get a mid-round first and a prospect for Laf? I'd consider it
Can I get a quick, tenacious C/RW prospect for KAM? I'd consider it

I'm not convinced by Laf at all, and he needs a change of scenery.
KAM will be a good player, and there's a fair chance he'd be the best player ouit of his trade, but I don't think he's untouchable and sometimes you have to give up nice things to affect change
Laf is no longer worth that. Best you would do is if Florida makes the ECF or better you can get that pick for him.
Who is the C/RW prospect we are getting for 40-50 point 23 year old dman? He better be freaking good. I'm not giving up on Miller especially with basically no LHD waiting in the wings. I hear Robertson has not really stood out even in the AHL.
Robbing someone blind by getting rid of Panarin is the biggest move that needs to be made. Wouldn't panic trading anyone under 25.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad