Post-Game Talk: Devil VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Yes.

You can disagree with me and maybe I'm wrong, but the bolded is my angle.

They f***ed these kids up and I wanna go no further with these kids or any other kids as long as the same people are in charge.

Whiffing on multiple top ten picks is a fireable offense for anybody that so much as said hello to these kids in the hallway. Frankly, I don't think we're mad enough about it and the team has won enough games here and there to placate the fanbase.

That was the chance to set ourselves up for years and we blew it. Enough with the excuses and enough with the cope. They stink compared to what they were supposed to be and compared to what most teams get out of picks like that. It doesn't happen multiple times by accident. The Rangers did something wrong and I don't want the same people continuing to do it.

If you put that on Gorton and believe Drury is bringing in changes, or that it's going to get better eventually, you're entitled to that opinion, but I've seen enough. f***ing up those two picks was eating the apple in the Garden of Eden and everyone who worked in this organization during their development thus far should be gone. I don't trust these people to do anything.

Fighting the “all hope is lost” narrative all summer is going to be a blast.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
This team desperately needs speed. Like holy shit, do they all have cement in their skates or something? JFC it's painful to watch. Actually painful.

This team desperately needs more than 1 dman who can effectively move the puck.
The problem is compounded by the fact that 1) we not the fastest team and 2) we are always stationary/puck watching/out of position.

I've never seen a team this out of position along with puck watching before. We're bad all around. It was nothing short of a miracle we made it this far.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
This isn't true. Chytil can, Miller can, Kreider can, Schneider can(I think). I don't think Kakko's skating is that bad either.

The guy won the Norris not too long ago, He's great but had a so-so series and a bad game. You don't want to see this team without Fox.
Chytil and Miller are Rangers fast. They would be average on teams that had any semblance of mobility.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
Yes.

They f***ed these kids up and I wanna go no further with these kids or any other kids as long as the same people are in charge.

Whiffing on multiple top ten picks is a fireable offense for anybody that so much as said hello to these kids in the hallway. Frankly, I don't think we're mad enough about it and the team has won enough games here and there to placate the fanbase.

That was the chance to set ourselves up for years and we blew it. Enough with the excuses and enough with the cope. They stink compared to what they were supposed to be and compared to what most teams get out of picks like that. It doesn't happen multiple times by accident. The Rangers did something wrong and I don't want the same people continuing to do it.

If you put that on Gorton and believe Drury is bringing in changes, or that it's going to get better eventually, you're entitled to that opinion, but I've seen enough. f***ing up those two picks was eating the apple in the Garden of Eden and everyone who worked in this organization during their development thus far should be gone. I don't trust these people to do anything.
100% right. this organization is a farce. Sure, they build and entertaining product, but they'll never build a winner. they are wasting away top 10 picks. from top to bottom, they don't have a clue. enough. its been too long.

SeanAveryTheGreatOne

Jul 4, 2021
I really want to bitch about the no-call on Meier in Game 3 (and call on Shesterkin for defending himself) that led to the game-tying goal. Without that crap reffing, Igor shuts out the Devils in that game, and we go up 3-0 in the series. Thoughts?

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Last post for a little bit. Disappointed but not shocked. Every season ending is definitely a numb and sad feeling.

It's different from the other sports for some reason.

This was a take a step back year. I have a lot to say but coincidentally I'm on a short vacation for the rest of the week so time to get away from the grind and eat like a slob.

It's a pleasure posting with y'all here every season. Truly is, and that's to everyone who agrees, disagrees, or rolls their eyes.

While note the same level or meaning, here's to hoping Johnny Brodz and Leshycyun can help the Pack keep it going. The more playoff experience for Garand, Edstrom Sykora, Cullye, Barbashev, BMB, and even Jones, the better. They're going to need some of those kids as soon as this fall.

I'm fine with giving Gallant one more year if he dedicated it to development and takes a long look in the mirror. If they get bounced in the first or fail to make the playoffs next spring, then him/Trouba/Panarin/Kreider can all leave together.

And as always #FireMarkCiaccao (I'll have a name change in the next month or two as Streets of Rage IV and not Claude Giroux has been out over three years now....it'll be something to do with Ciaccao, the hack).

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
There's enough guys on the team that can skate, that still don't for me to think there's a deeper, less forward facing problem. You can get the 18 best theoretical skaters in world, and it'll mean nothing if it remains theoretical and doesn't actually happen when it matters.

kinger8998

Apr 5, 2015
Nova Scotia
Yup...it's crazy how many people would rather blame Lafreniere, the forward still on his ELC, and Kakko, who get little PP time and had 75% of our Ozone possesion this series, over the 11.6 Casper the ghost impersonator Panarin and the rest of our top 6.

Players like Hughes progress so quickly because they get the immediate ice time and are thrown to the wolves as the go to guys on shitty teams. Laf and Kakko didn't have that luxury, they will take longer to get there, but they will slowly make progress.

This loss lays solely at the feet of our Fat Cats, who didn't come to eat.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
It is what it is.

At a certain point, I'm more than willing to just hope for the best with what's realistically going to happen, but if you can't give your honest thoughts on the night you got eliminated, then when can you?

I trust this front office like I trust gas station sushi.

Would love to be wrong.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Keep the kids. They are young enough to continue to develop (and they need to).

I do think this was a bad match up but that was an awful performance. Is there any realistic chance we get rid of Panarin? It sounds like wishful thinking but I'm not an expert at GM stuff. Fir all the offense he provides during the regular season, he still ends up with about an even +/- rating and does nothing in the playoffs. If we can't move him, put him on the 3rd line and scratch him if he doesn't commit to stopping the turnovers.

KAM was nowhere to be found during this series either. Despite some awful play after the All Star Break and trade deadline, I thought he had a pretty good regular season.

I just get the feeling this team doesn't have enough structure. Good individual talent that has trouble playing as a team. During the regular season you can still beat lesser teams with talent alone and when the team plays together, you get games like the final game against Tampa in the regular season. In the playoffs, however, everyone is talented and you need to all be on the same page and this team just looks lost too often.

I guess what I'm saying is we need an identity. Otherwise, it's just throwing a bunch of random talent against the wall and seeing what sticks.

Igor should be given a private meeting to get his honest thoughts on what the team needs because his talent is going to be wasted unless some changes are made.

It's not all bad. The entire Eastern Conference was top heavy this year so we knew it wasn't going to be easy months ago.
You can make the argument that this was the wrong year to go all in (spoiler, it was), but I don't agree with you at all on handing the keys to this group of kids. They're awful.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Yes.

Are they bad enough that they turned possible stars into 3rd liners?

Maybe, but some blame and anger has to go to the players as well.

On an unrelated note, this team has been ridiculously healthy the past two seasons. That's not going to keep happening.. really, our injury luck has been absurd.

Reactions: mike14

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
If you're passable in Jr you're slow in the NHL
Regardless that is the way out, not just him, Rangers either learn how to draft and develop high end players, or this ends up like this just did.

Not towards you HatTrick, I know you get it.

What they absolutely need to do is learn how to draft/develop high end players. I don't pretend to know if it's bad drafting, bad development, bad luck, whatever it may be though, without that, they are screwed no matter how lucky they get with signings, trades, whatever.

In a salary capped league, without the cheap contracts over-performing their cap hits, no team can win a championship. Rangers have ZERO players who fit into that category.

FUZfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2018
Bitterly disappointed right now.

So much so, that even though I have a brand new 31 sweater hanging in my closet, I hope for his sake that he demands a trade tomorrow morning and doesn't show up for training camp if his request isn't met. He deserves to win a cup, and it won't happen here.

Effing clown ass organization starting at the top with Dolan.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
100% right. this organization is a farce. Sure, they build and entertaining product, but they'll never build a winner. they are wasting away top 10 picks. from top to bottom, they don't have a clue. enough. its been too long.
Do they even build an entertaining product? The "talent" to execution ratio sucked ass this year (and many prior). They had like 8 games where they looked legit talented, and 74 where they looked like the Rangers teams with a 60 point leading scorer.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Yup, f*** him too. Ranger killer. His forechecking led directly to the winner.
Yup but Fox basically gift wrapped that entire play for them. Just totally unforced decision to casually double back and wait until he has no play. He had tons of time for like 5 solid seconds to make a play and he just waited. You can’t do that against a team like the devils, or any playoff team for that matter.

Just such a stupid sequence by him. Never thought Adam Fox would be the direct cause of a playoff loss because of a turnover like that. Any other D on this team I could see, but not Fox.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Yes.

Amen.

Something is rotten at the organizational level for what happened in the last 6 years to happen with the draft picks to happen. I thought it was literally statistically impossible for what happened to happen until I've seen it with my own two eyes.

If I'm a rich guy that has a rooting interest in this team, I buy the f***ing team and shitcanning Sather is the first move I make within 60 seconds from the time the paperwork is signed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad