Post-Game Talk: Devil VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Ogrodnick

Jan 10, 2007
Also, this is a lot easier when you don’t even like half the players on the team. This is an exceedingly difficult team to root for.

Outside of Igor, Fox, Kreider, and Lindgren, why exactly do I care about watching these dudes achieve success? They don’t seem to care as much as I do.

Get me some players that give a shit.
Fox is dead to me. That was the worst, laziest, hockey play I have seen in a long time. Possibly ever. I'm embarrassed for the Norris trophy to be associated with that

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
GettyImages-1129542818-e1634917092112.jpg
I can't even laugh at this anymore. They've broken me so hard that I don't know if I would object.

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL
What is your angle here? Keep writing off the young players, to do what exactly? Is everything solved when the coaching staff and front office are gutted? Rebuild 2.0 while our Norris and Vezina winners are in their prime doesn’t sound like the sharpest move.
He has a point, the Rangers sorely lack speed and not just because we played New Jersey who is the fastest team in the league.

I don’t know what changes are going to be made. I keep looking at cap friendly and I don’t see much room to make changes.

We are going to be stuck again with our high picks sheltered and underperforming, a complete lack of RW depth, too many no move clauses and no system with this moron coach.

They will bring in some bite with Othmann, but they really need to figure out a way to inject some speed in the top 6 and I just don’t see a path for it

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
A little concerned about Fox. He was seriously undressed at times this series. And he wasn't doing well for a long stretch before the postseason anyway. I still think too much Panarin influence has seeped into his game. But he took a really long time to get rid of the puck. Maybe it was NJ's coverage.
Most of the time it was just that. He was trying to buy time to have our pathetic forwards time to get open.

Reactions: will1066

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I am too busy and angry to post more now, will do so by w'e.

Willl just say, I really, really, really wanted to be wrong.
But the FACT is
BERN IS RIGHT
about not doing counterproductive win now fallacy
and w/going w/youth over excessive vets

and other stuff

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
A little concerned about Fox. He was seriously undressed at times this series. And he wasn't doing well for a long stretch before the postseason anyway. I still think too much Panarin influence has seeped into his game. But he took a really long time to get rid of the puck. Maybe it was NJ's coverage.

100% Panarin’s influence. Too much reliance on skill and not enough play toward the net and middle of the ice. Fox is still a stud but he needs a coach to hold the team as a whole more accountable

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Can I get a mid-round first and a prospect for Laf? I'd consider it
Can I get a quick, tenacious C/RW prospect for KAM? I'd consider it

I'm not convinced by Laf at all, and he needs a change of scenery.
KAM will be a good player, and there's a fair chance he'd be the best player ouit of his trade, but I don't think he's untouchable and sometimes you have to give up nice things to affect change

Guy has had three full years in the NHL and looks like a third liner at best.

I don't think there's a chance in hell anybody gives up a first round pick for him

Reactions: Graves97

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
100% Panarin’s influence. Too much reliance on skill and not enough play toward the net and middle of the ice. Fox is still a stud but he needs a coach to hold the team as a whole more accountable
Based on Gallant's presser comments, he couldn't get through just like Quinn

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
He has a point, the Rangers sorely lack speed and not just because we played New Jersey who is the fastest team in the league.

I don’t know what changes are going to be made. I keep looking at cap friendly and I don’t see much room to make changes.

We are going to be stuck again with our high picks sheltered and underperforming, a complete lack of RW depth, too many no move clauses and no system with this moron coach.

They will bring in some bite with Othmann, but they really need to figure out a way to inject some speed in the top 6 and I just don’t see a path for it

Play Chytil in the top 6 for one. I could also see miller or lafreniere moved for a speedy top 6 caliber player. I defend the kids but acknowledge moves need to be made and no one is untouchable after an embarrassing 1st round exit.

80s Kid

Feb 20, 2023
AZ
Keep the kids. They are young enough to continue to develop (and they need to).

I do think this was a bad match up but that was an awful performance. Is there any realistic chance we get rid of Panarin? It sounds like wishful thinking but I'm not an expert at GM stuff. Fir all the offense he provides during the regular season, he still ends up with about an even +/- rating and does nothing in the playoffs. If we can't move him, put him on the 3rd line and scratch him if he doesn't commit to stopping the turnovers.

KAM was nowhere to be found during this series either. Despite some awful play after the All Star Break and trade deadline, I thought he had a pretty good regular season.

I just get the feeling this team doesn't have enough structure. Good individual talent that has trouble playing as a team. During the regular season you can still beat lesser teams with talent alone and when the team plays together, you get games like the final game against Tampa in the regular season. In the playoffs, however, everyone is talented and you need to all be on the same page and this team just looks lost too often.

I guess what I'm saying is we need an identity. Otherwise, it's just throwing a bunch of random talent against the wall and seeing what sticks.

Igor should be given a private meeting to get his honest thoughts on what the team needs because his talent is going to be wasted unless some changes are made.

It's not all bad. The entire Eastern Conference was top heavy this year so we knew it wasn't going to be easy months ago.

Filip Chytil

Mar 3, 2014
This team desperately needs speed. Like holy shit, do they all have cement in their skates or something? JFC it's painful to watch. Actually painful.

This team desperately needs more than 1 dman who can effectively move the puck.

He's not *Matthew* Tkachuk.

He's better than the other one, the one with the unfortunate face.

I wanna say I would die on this hill, but I'm not dying. I'll kick your ass on this hill!

Ha yeah meant Matthew. No disrespect to Chris. Love that dude and they should absolutely keep him. They're just asking so much out of the guy when these other pieces are no shows.

Brutananadilewski

Nov 6, 2021
Wherever the keg is!
Most of the time it was just that. He was trying to buy time to have our pathetic forwards time to get open.

But that let the Devils set-up. He's a bit too hesitant in deciding if he wants to shoot or pass. If a forward isn't open, he should take it to the net himself.

Leetch was able to pull it off.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
What is your angle here? Keep writing off the young players, to do what exactly? Is everything solved when the coaching staff and front office are gutted? Rebuild 2.0 while our Norris and Vezina winners are in their prime doesn’t sound like the sharpest move.
Yes.

You can disagree with me and maybe I'm wrong, but the bolded is my angle.

They f***ed these kids up and I wanna go no further with these kids or any other kids as long as the same people are in charge.

Whiffing on multiple top ten picks is a fireable offense for anybody that so much as said hello to these kids in the hallway. Frankly, I don't think we're mad enough about it and the team has won enough games here and there to placate the fanbase.

That was the chance to set ourselves up for years and we blew it. Enough with the excuses and enough with the cope. They stink compared to what they were supposed to be and compared to what most teams get out of picks like that. It doesn't happen multiple times by accident. The Rangers did something wrong and I don't want the same people continuing to do it.

If you put that on Gorton and believe Drury is bringing in changes, or that it's going to get better eventually, you're entitled to that opinion, but I've seen enough. f***ing up those two picks was eating the apple in the Garden of Eden and everyone who worked in this organization during their development thus far should be gone. I don't trust these people to do anything.

kinger8998

Apr 5, 2015
Nova Scotia
Can't buy Panarin out (less than minimum contract savings), can't waive him, can't trade him.

Guess without his 11.625 million in cap space to improve this team we will waste 3 years of our aging cores shots and 3 years of Fox's and Igor's careers.

Will be a long 3 years of being 3rd Met Seed/WC team followed by 1st round outs because our highest paid player disappears when most important.

With no way to move on from Panarin, there is no way to improve the team where we actually need it: hard-working top 6 players, even if it means sacrificing a bit of high-end skill.

Blame the coach (you shouldn't), blame the Goodrow contract (you shouldn't, even if it isn't ideal), blame the GM for Kane/Tarasenko (you shouldn't, they were our 2nd and 3rd best forwards majority of series)...but Artemi Panarin is the culprit (and to a lesser extend Zibanejad, but when he woke up last playoffs he was lights out, so I still have faith).

Panarin will cost this team the next 3 years.

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
Fox is dead to me. That was the worst, laziest, hockey play I have seen in a long time. Possibly ever. I'm embarrassed for the Norris trophy to be associated with that
yup, keep telling ranger fans what a dummy he is, all they do is slobber over his points.
he lost the game for them tonight. trade his stupid face back to calgary.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Othmann can't skate. Prepare to be let down again.

If there's one thing this organization keeps getting wrong that I can tangibly point to, it's that.

Nobody they draft can skate and they don't seem to work on it.
This isn't true. Chytil can, Miller can, Kreider can, Schneider can(I think). I don't think Kakko's skating is that bad either.

yup, keep telling ranger fans what a dummy he is, all they do is slobber over his points.
he lost the game for them tonight. trade his stupid face back to calgary.
The guy won the Norris not too long ago, He's great but had a so-so series and a bad game. You don't want to see this team without Fox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad