Post-Game Talk: Devil VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graves97

Jan 16, 2014
There was a miss communication there. He thought his line mate was cutting to the front of the net. I think it was Kaako. He went around the back side so it just ended up being a pass to the goalie
Guess there have been a ton of Miscommunications over the last 3 years. Just send them to a workshop focused on communicating in the work place and they are guaranteed to be this generations Mario and Jagr

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
They’ve been trying to fill the void Buchnevich left since that trade. You had a good 1st line with chemistry and they traded part of it away.
Hindsight makes that trade look worse and worse. Trade a young-ish player because we need to let the kids develop. 2 seasons later we are trading for 2 x wingers at the TDL because the kids we made room for have done SFA, and one of them has been traded for peanuts

kinger8998

Apr 5, 2015
Nova Scotia
Camps I reside in in all this negativity:

- Tarasenko, as good as he was (2nd best forward), can move on. Unless Kane takes $1 million or less, he can leave too.
- Jones needs to be in D corps next year, need another puck mover in that slot.
- Panarin needs to go.

Camps I do NOT reside in:

- This is Gallant's fault.
- Trade Kakko/Laf.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Kreider-Mika-Kakko looked great in the first month and was never attempted again. Organizational failure
This is true.

The kid line is low-key bad on the ice at best and damaging on multiple fronts at worst.

Gallant keeps going to it because it's one of his security blanket lines. It sucks. They have a sample of like 69 billion minutes now where they don't score a f***ing lick together and we keep going to it like it's the French connection.

I think Lafreniere and Kakko are firmly in "try anything else" territory, sure as f*** not keep doing the same thing you've done since they came up. That obviously ain't f***in it.

Brutananadilewski

Nov 6, 2021
Wherever the keg is!
Can I get a mid-round first and a prospect for Laf? I'd consider it
Can I get a quick, tenacious C/RW prospect for KAM? I'd consider it

I'm not convinced by Laf at all, and he needs a change of scenery.
KAM will be a good player, and there's a fair chance he'd be the best player ouit of his trade, but I don't think he's untouchable and sometimes you have to give up nice things to affect change

Whatever teams Trouba is interested in being traded to, maybe by adding KAM or one of the kids may be more alluring for the other team to bite.

Reactions: The Gloaming

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Othmann can't skate. Prepare to be let down again.

If there's one thing this organization keeps getting wrong that I can tangibly point to, it's that.

Nobody they draft can skate and they don't seem to work on it.

I'll keep on mentioning it here since this is a myth that has kind of gotten out of hand.

His speed is more than fine. It just looks ugly.

For what he is, he doesn't really need to be fast anyway. I wouldn't want to see him at the NHL level until hes a good 10-15 pounds heavier anyway since he gives as good as he gets and he will break in half if hes skating around at 180 lbs.

For one more year until he hits his UFA.

kinger8998

Apr 5, 2015
Nova Scotia
Can't waive a NMC, at least the type Panarin has. It includes a no waive clause unless it's for a buyout, an unconditional waive and even that he can block, and just be bought out. It's a little complicated but there is no waiving him.
Guess we will ask him to waive and if he doesn't you have to commit to the buyout.

Sorry but I'd rather the dead cap + a bit of cap space to fill his spot with a playoff performer than to waste the next 3 years with him on the roster taking up significant cap space and a roster spot with 2 assists (1 PP, 1 secondary assist) and ZERO goals through 7 games.

LionsHeart

Mar 25, 2009
Queens, NY
Hindsight makes that trade look worse and worse. Trade a young-ish player because we need to let the kids develop. 2 seasons later we are trading for 2 x wingers at the TDL because the kids we made room for have done SFA, and one of them has been traded for peanuts
Our penance for the Zibanejad trade.

Reactions: mike14

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I'll keep on mentioning it here since this is a myth that has kind of gotten out of hand.

His speed is more than fine. It just looks ugly.

For what he is, he doesn't really need to be fast anyway. I wouldn't want to see him at the NHL level until hes a good 10-15 pounds heavier anyway since he gives as good as he gets and he will break in half if hes skating around at 180 lbs
I hope you're right but people said this word for word about Lafreniere and as it turns out, he just can't skate.

Graves97

Jan 16, 2014
Sorry guys, there is no hope that Panarin, Trouba, etc, are going anywhere without sending even more futures with them to the point it makes moving them counter productive.

The cap hits, the clauses, the term left, they are Rangers or the Rangers get worse.

What the Rangers could do, stop surrounding Panarin with players he wants to play with, or has in the past.

Yet even if, the damage is done. These core guys, those with high cap hit, long term, clauses, are either here or the Rangers end up worse in the future for moving them or buying them out.

Worst thing they can do is give Tarasenko or Kane any extension, next issue extending Shesty to a giant contract, none of that helps them long term.

Bring on the pain. Panarin, Trouba, Fox, Shesty, Zbad, Kreider, Trocheck, are their core, pretty much for the foreseeable future.
f*** panarin and
Moving any of the kids would be the dumbest move you could make.

You trade the dead weight vets.... AND WE HAVE A LOT OF THEM

Free up 20M with moving Trouba and Panarin. Try to get what you can.
im all for trading most of the “top 6” but honestly who would want them.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Camps I reside in in all this negativity:

- Tarasenko, as good as he was (2nd best forward), can move on. Unless Kane takes $1 million or less, he can leave too.
- Jones needs to be in D corps next year, need another puck mover in that slot.
- Panarin needs to go.

Camps I do NOT reside in:

- This is Gallant's fault.
- Trade Kakko/Laf.
So you’re wrong on everything except Jones

Reactions: DanielBrassard

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Guess we will ask him to waive and if he doesn't you have to commit to the buyout.

Sorry but I'd rather the dead cap + a bit of cap space to fill his spot with a playoff performer than to waste the next 3 years with him on the roster taking up significant cap space and a roster spot with 2 assists (1 PP, 1 secondary assist) and ZERO goals through 7 games.
You can try to waive him, yet he has a clause that says you can not.

So in order to buy him out, you have to waive him

He blocks that waive

You end up just buying him out.

There is no win there, trust me. Or don't

Edit: He'd have a cap hit for not playing, at like 10M for 3 years

Reactions: kinger8998

kinger8998

Apr 5, 2015
Nova Scotia

Cancel this... Panarin's buyout structure is HORRENDOUS. Cap hit of $11 million for remaining years for just 600K in savings.

Holy sh*t. He literally has the org by the balls. Can't waive, can't buyout. We are screwed for 3 years. 11.6 in useless cap and roster slot for playoffs.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Hard hard fought fellas. Igor is easily the best in the world.

Get rid of that old f*** Gallant.

Also Hank is pure pure class as a broadcaster
I wish it was just coaching but I appreciate the words.

Very jealous of what you have and don't tell any of the Devils fans I don't like that I said that.

Tell @Bleedred, he's awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad