Post-Game Talk: Devil VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickyLongLegz

Apr 30, 2019
This is the only move necessary. Kane and Tarasenko walk. If Kane loves NY so much he can get his hip surgery and sign for league minimum like Spezza/Gio did in Toronto.

Panarin goes, you fill his spot and another top 6 spot with the cap space his departure gives you.

Kreider-Zibanejad-XXX
Lafreniere-Chytil-Kakko
Othmann-Trocheck-XXX
Cuylle-Goodrow-Vesey
XXX

Lindgren-Fox
Miller-Trouba
Jones-Schneider
Harpur

Shesterkin
Halak

Jones gives us a much needed puck mover aside from Fox. Without Panarin, we have an extra 11.6 to play with to fill 1RW, 3RW and 13F. If Kane really wants NY or bust, he gets league minimum and is 3RW. Can fill 1RW with signing/trade.

Didn't McDonagh has a NMC and Tampa threatened to waive him?
This x10000. Othmann-Tro-x could potentially be a perfect third line, the kids could actually develop their talents in the top 6 and on the power play, and Jones provides much need puck movement. It’s literally just Panarin (and a coach with no system) ruining this team

Reactions: Dijock94

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Blackhawks fan coming in peace:

Should have gotten rid of Laf/Kakko last year. Drury was trying too hard to prove he was different than past NYR GMs

Also get rid of Trouba as soon as possible.
Agree except I think Kakko can still be a useful middle six player. If Drury can bamboozle a team into giving up a 1st rounder for Lafreniere, I'd take it and run.

Panarin and Trouba were not Drury contracts. They're both gone within the next 15 months.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Yep. I just don't understand the rationale of wanting to trade anyone under 25. Trade Lafreniere? for what a 2nd rounder? People really think we should do that? Trade K'Andre Miller a 23 year old dman?
Can I get a mid-round first and a prospect for Laf? I'd consider it
Can I get a quick, tenacious C/RW prospect for KAM? I'd consider it

I'm not convinced by Laf at all, and he needs a change of scenery.
KAM will be a good player, and there's a fair chance he'd be the best player ouit of his trade, but I don't think he's untouchable and sometimes you have to give up nice things to affect change

kinger8998

Apr 5, 2015
Nova Scotia
Moving any of the kids would be the dumbest move you could make.

You trade the dead weight vets.... AND WE HAVE A LOT OF THEM

Free up 20M with moving Trouba and Panarin. Try to get what you can.
Just move Trouba down to play with Jones next year, giving him a puck mover and taking pressure off of Miller to do it all. Miller-Schneider. Lindgren-Fox.

Totally agreed on Panarin. He's the key to this. 11.6 million in dead cap come playoffs is a death warrant.

kinger8998

Apr 5, 2015
Nova Scotia
This x10000. Othmann-Tro-x could potentially be a perfect third line, the kids could actually develop their talents in the top 6 and on the power play, and Jones provides much need puck movement. It’s literally just Panarin (and a coach with no system) ruining this team
We are totally in sync aside from Gallant. I disagree on him entirely, and am a big fan.

Not that me believing that he's not at fault will change anything, he likely wears this loss no matter Drury/Dolans view...easier to change coach than to change 7 players.

Reactions: FUZfan

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
The team whiffing on multiple top 10 picks over the last 5/6 years tells you everything you need to know. The rot is at the top.

Laf and Kakko are f***ing stars on any other team but here they are barely 4th liners lol
Kakko I give you. David Quinn ruined his confidence instead of nurturing his raw talent.

Lafreniere was never good to begin with.

The Rangers would have found a way to make Sidney Crosby Philip Danault if they won the lottery in 2005.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Going to need to Tampa/McDonagh him: waive the NMC and we can try to find desirable location, or we place you on waivers and you can go to Anaheim
Can't waive a NMC, at least the type Panarin has. It includes a no waive clause unless it's for a buyout, an unconditional waive and even that he can block, and just be bought out. It's a little complicated but there is no waiving him.

Filip Chytil

Mar 3, 2014
The kids are meh and disappointing. If you told me on draft night 2020 that after 3 years, this is who Lafreniere would be, I would've drunk myself to death right then and there.

The veteran core is also disappointing and unable to get it done. Panarin 2 pts in 7 playoff games? Seriously? Kreider showed up, but he's not Tkachuk. Tarasenko played well, but this isn't 2015. Tofu boy nowhere in sight. Vinny- awful. Trouba is brain dead and an albatross at 8M.

I'm pissed and disappointed at the fact that the kids haven't developed and that this veteran core is rotten. Both these things can be true at the same time.

Can the kids be late bloomers? Maybe. I have no idea. Up to this point, I'm disappointed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad