Confirmed Signing with Link: [DAL] Jamie Benn (8 years, $9.5M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mad Brills*

We'll see how he's even looking after this year. Needs to get his injury situations sorted out when they happen and stop waiting so long to deal with them.

yeah, shattenkirk's the only UFA in general that has a good chance of making it to UFA

LeafsNation149

Feb 4, 2013
Why are people calling this a steal deal? At 9.5 Benn is one of the highest paid forwards in the NHL. I think its fair.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Not bad for a guy that admitted to never have set foot in a gym until he was 19 haha.. such a good player with natural skill!!

I always remember hearing he was always the last on on the ice and first one off during practice haha.. lazy throughout minor hockey but when he got the puck he made people look completely silly.. so damn skilled.. great player

And while playing junior in kelowna, you would often see him out on the city pissed out of his mind haha

Now that he has put his mind and off ice effort to it, he has become a complete beast... love the guy!!

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
How long is he signed for, till hes 35?

Good on Dallas locking up their captain. Hate playing against this SOB.

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
not understanding these posts

Kopitar is getting more, and he's not a top 3 player in the league as Jamie Benn. And he's older.

If Benn was a UFA I'd want my team to give him 11Mx7
I say that about every contract.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
Not a fan of the standard that is the long term contract. Great AAV however.

Why are people calling this a steal deal? At 9.5 Benn is one of the highest paid forwards in the NHL. I think its fair.
because in a few years he won't be one of the higest paid players, but likely will be one of the better forwards in the league

Frankie Blueberries

Dream Team
Jan 27, 2016
Dallas paid a little extra for the peace of mind of him never ever getting remotely close to leaving. Worth it. Benn is amazing.

Not really. See what Stamkos just received? Benn is bigger and won an Art Ross last year. It's been a few years since Stamkos won any major hardware. So this seems like fair, market value.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
About what was expected at the date fans and beat writers speculated it would be annouced . Good to get it out of the way early . It was probably in the books weeks ago but they intentially waited for the party in the park to announce it.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Texas is a no state income tax state. What's the equal value for Benn in the open market when he can only get 7 years as a free agent? 8 years and $68M in Florida was worth more than 7 years and $70M as a free agent for Stamkos. $9.5M in Texas is equal to what in another market? Which team is paying a winger $11M-$12M as a free agent next summer in a flat salary cap world? Great player It's a very good team.

ForSpareParts*

Too long. I would give him 5 or 6. He's gonna wear down by year five.

I don't think that it is terrible contract, but just too long.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad