Confirmed Signing with Link: [DAL] Jamie Benn (8 years, $9.5M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LowSodium

Jan 4, 2015
Dallas
Excellent, it's a good time to be a Stars fan.

Seeing as Texas has no state income tax, is it the largest after-tax contract in the league? Or are the Toews/Kane contracts still bigger?

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
That's a bad contract, 9.5M cap hit until he's 35? I don't think he's worth that much. Without Seguin, Benn isn't nearly the player he is... you have to at least pay Seguin 9.5M now.

LowSodium

Jan 4, 2015
Dallas
That's a bad contract, 9.5M cap hit until he's 35? I don't think he's worth that much. Without Seguin, Benn isn't nearly the player he is... you have to at least pay Seguin 9.5M now.

How much do you think Benn is worth? Arguably the best LW in the game, top 5 player in the league.

Joel Ward

Sep 24, 2012
Toronto
Very nice looking contract for both sides. Seguin and Benn are my favourite duo in the league to watch (which says a lot given that I am a Caps fan). I really hope he is able to sustain his current level of play for the majority of the deal.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011

He was stellar before Seguin got there bud, he is absolutely worth that.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Whew. Great to have their best player locked up long term, but holy crap at that AAV. I mean, I guess it's good for a top 5 player in the league, but wow. I wonder what McDavid will command off his ELC.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009

Benn is better than Seguin 10/10 times, everyday any day

Seguin has to be thankful he got traded to Dallas and gets to play with Benn

Last edited by a moderator:

aemoreira1981

Jan 27, 2012
New York City
Smaller AAV than Tazer or Kane, but bigger take-home pay (no state income tax in Texas). Good deal for Dallas.

Excellent, it's a good time to be a Stars fan.

Seeing as Texas has no state income tax, is it the largest after-tax contract in the league? Or are the Toews/Kane contracts still bigger?

Depending on how much is bonus money, it could be Stamkos, but it's close between Stamkos and Benn.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Seguin should be worth 8 if Benn is 9.5, but that won't happen

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Right now? Yes. What about at 31-35? Stamkos got 8.5M.

So instead of signing him to a good deal now, you squabble over later years and let him walk to a team that will pay him much more and give him the 7 years instead of 8? That's not how hockey works.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
He outscored Stamkos consistently.

Stamkos scored 90+ 3 times. Benn? 0 times. Recently, he's been better - but it's not like Stamkos got his contract being a 60 point player.

So instead of signing him to a good deal now, you squabble over later years and let him walk to a team that will pay him much more and give him the 7 years instead of 8? That's not how hockey works.

No, higher average, lower term.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011

Still crazy to me how deals aren't going into the stratosphere for high level players. Everyone keeps expecting consistent 10 million plus, but we've only got two of those and everyone agrees those are bad contracts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad