D Logan Mailloux - Laval, AHL (2021, 31st, MTL)

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
I like Mailloux as a hockey prospect as much as the next guy, but there are things we need to consider here:

This is his D+2 year, and technically this is what you kind of expect as a minimum for a first round pick defenseman in terms of production at this point of his career in juniors. However, it is a fair counter-point to bring up that he has missed a lot of crucial development time, so it's hard to argue that his current performance is not a good sign, either.

That all said, he still has a long way to go before being considered a top prospect for the Habs. I'd like to see him take his game to another level in juniors before the end of the season before I truly get excited.

BlueBull

Habby Man
Oct 11, 2017
Vancouver Island
What is the difference between what Logan Mailloux did and what Mitchell Miller did?

Was it that he actually apologized or something? I'm not sure.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
What is the difference between what Logan Mailloux did and what Mitchell Miller did?

As the poster above me said what Logan Maiiloux did was a one off that you can likely chalk up to being young, stupid, and a D*ckhead. He has also apologized for it and is now talking to other young people about what he did, why it was wrong, and why they shouldn't do it.

Miller supposedly has not apologized to the victim or done anything major to make amends + while he was younger what he did is definitely worse.

Reactions: viceroy

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown

You cannot be serious.

One is a serial racist (documented), serial violent abuser of the kid he was being racist to (documented), and showed zero remorse (per judge and family). This one also even harassed the kid after the court case.

The other did one shitty thing and actually seems to be trying to better himself.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
His wrist shot is ridiculously good, that's what we should be talking about.

BlueBull

Habby Man
Oct 11, 2017
Vancouver Island
You cannot be serious.

One is a serial racist (documented), serial violent abuser of the kid he was being racist to (documented), and showed zero remorse (per judge and family). This one also even harassed the kid after the court case.

The other did one shitty thing and actually seems to be trying to better himself.
Sorry.

My initial point was I thought both of these two weren't ever going to play NHL hockey.

Mitch Miller is a c**t, and I think he should never see the ice again.
I wasn't aware that Mailloux has been trying to become a better human being over time. My perception of him was warped by the insane Fallout of Bergevin drafting him when Logan said not to draft him.

Sorry about that. Won't make a mistake like that again.

Reactions: Hunter Gathers

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
unless he makes major strides in his IQ and defensive game I don't see him being ready for NHL duty next year.
Agreed - he has been good this year, but with the opportunities he’s been getting - and the amount of playing time he is getting, he is leaving a little bit to be desired, no?

He makes some nut head decisions - he could easily be leading the OHL in defensive scoring but makes a lot of questionable plays.

That’s how I‘ve seen it, would love to hear if you have similar thoughts.

Reactions: Rayquaza64

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Agreed - he has been good this year, but with the opportunities he’s been getting - and the amount of playing time he is getting, he is leaving a little bit to be desired, no?

He makes some nut head decisions - he could easily be leading the OHL in defensive scoring but makes a lot of questionable plays.

he's only played 45 games since the start of his draft year to today, that's over 2 years and a couple months, there's no telling how much if an impact that has had on his development. There's still a lot of work to be done and the IQ may not be there but the skill is so we'll see how the Habs new development team can work with him or not.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Sorry.

My initial point was I thought both of these two weren't ever going to play NHL hockey.

Mitch Miller is a c**t, and I think he should never see the ice again.
I wasn't aware that Mailloux has been trying to become a better human being over time. My perception of him was warped by the insane Fallout of Bergevin drafting him when Logan said not to draft him.

Sorry about that. Won't make a mistake like that again.
No worries. A lot of spillover still from the Miller stuff (there was a LOT of really creepy defenses of him during the threads). I figured you were trying to make that point.

Yeah, these guys seem to be polar opposites from one another in terms of remorse, etc.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016

A lot of people sure got awful defensive real quick on what is honestly a fair question you asked.

I don't know if the women involved with Mailloux ever publicly said if she received and accepted a heartfelt apology from him, as far as I can tell that was in the news last summer was she was just looking for a legit apology and some remorse.

He still has a ways to go in my mind to prove he's deserving of playing in the NHL.

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
I don't know if the women involved with Mailloux ever publicly said if she received and accepted a heartfelt apology from him, as far as I can tell that was in the news last summer was she was just looking for a legit apology and some remorse.
It was one woman.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004

Sorry but I can’t see how he could be leading all defencemen in scoring. He has 7g 7a in 15gp this year while Mintyukov has 12g 23 a in 24 games. Second overall in points too. If you say that Mailloux could be the OHL in defenceman scoring then you are pretty much stating that he could be leading the OHL in points. That is such an unfair statement to make.

Heffyhoof

So happy to be glad to be pleased to meet you.
Jan 17, 2016
Man I hate opening the Mailloux thread checking for updates only to find people rehashing the incident from two years ago. Can we talk about the hockey player now?
No, to feel better about our own awfulness, we must hoist all others who've been exposed by their own petards! That said, he continues to show the talent that he's capable of, but still falls short of some of the necessities of defensive play in the NHL. He's the same boom or bust player as when he was drafted, just with a few years and very few games in between, making the bust portion more likely unfortunately.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Sorry but I can’t see how he could be leading all defencemen in scoring. He has 7g 7a in 15gp this year while Mintyukov has 12g 23 a in 24 games. Second overall in points too. If you say that Mailloux could be the OHL in defenceman scoring then you are pretty much stating that he could be leading the OHL in points. That is such an unfair statement to make.
You’re correct - He obviously hasn’t played enough games to be near Mint (he was injured for the first few weeks of the season) - but his PPG numbers would look similar if he were playing like he could.

I think that speaks volumes to the amount of opprotunites he gets, and flounders on.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
You’re correct - He obviously hasn’t played enough games to be near Mint (he was injured for the first few weeks of the season) - but his PPG numbers would look similar if he were playing like he could.

I think that speaks volumes to the amount of opprotunites he gets, and flounders on.
I agree. I have watched him play live now like 5 or 6 times. I’m not sold on him at all. Sometimes he looks like a Brent Burns out there and other times he looks too busy. I wish that he would more simplify his game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad