D Logan Mailloux - Laval, AHL (2021, 31st, MTL)

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
I've been wondering about Mailloux - He isn't signed yet by Montreal, and there is new management from when he was drafted by Montreal.

I wonder if there is a rough plan where Montreal leaves him unsigned and MTL gets a compensatory second-round pick for him?

He is the only CHL first-rounder from 2021 that remains unsigned.

the league has PR people and those PR people are very smart. the longer time goes by between the incident and what happened, the lesser the outrage will be. they're going to try to sneak it in under the wire during a time when everyone's attention is elsewhere like after a big trade or something like that to make it be secondary news so that the public reaction will be less explosive. I think a lot of people are looking at him having to wait this long for his ELC bonus money as part of the punishment, but there's no chance they walk away from the player. he's done everything by the book and has shut his mouth.

blindpass

May 7, 2010
the league has PR people and those PR people are very smart. the longer time goes by between the incident and what happened, the lesser the outrage will be. they're going to try to sneak it in under the wire during a time when everyone's attention is elsewhere like after a big trade or something like that to make it be secondary news so that the public reaction will be less explosive. I think a lot of people are looking at him having to wait this long for his ELC bonus money as part of the punishment, but there's no chance they walk away from the player. he's done everything by the book and has shut his mouth.
I think he was signed a while ago.

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
Kid has a long road ahead. Only 15 games played in, what, 2.5 years? Those are crucial development years. Hopefully he put in the time and effort in practicing and developing during that span to keep himself sharp, but nothing beats real-game experience. He has the IQ and skillset to succeed, here's hoping he can Get Back on the horse this season.

Last edited:
Reactions: My3Sons

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
Mailloux signed hes ELC this summer he spent all summer in Montreal with the staff/players

Reactions: Habs10Habs

abo9

Jun 25, 2017

I know people are correcting you because he actually did sign, but you're totally right.

They timed the signature with a busy time and nobody cared.

Hopefully he p'ays this year though... signing a guy who hasnt played in two years might not be the smartest move

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Kid has a long road ahead. Only 15 games played in, what, 2.5 years? Those are crucial development years. Hopefully he put in the time and effort in practicing and developing during that span to keep himself sharp, but nothing beats real-game experience. He has the IQ and skillset to succeed, here's hoping he can get back on the horse this season.
But is it a Long and Winding Road?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Shame that we drafted an asshole talented defenseman in the 1st round.
He definitely projects to be an NHL-caliber defenseman next year, but there is no way we could allow a guy like him on our lineup.

We should have drafted a Defenseman like Zellweger or Allan instead.

unless he makes major strides in his IQ and defensive game I don't see him being ready for NHL duty next year.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
unless he makes major strides in his IQ and defensive game I don't see him being ready for NHL duty next year.
I see the same thijg. However it wouldn't be extremely surprising if he did considering the raw talent he has and the little amount of volume he played the past year.

Reactions: viceroy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad