D Logan Mailloux - Laval, AHL (2021, 31st, MTL)

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Exactly what Dmen are you talking about and have you seriously even looked at the other teams in the division?

Sabers, Wings and Sens all have really good young NHL Dmen and prospects coming as well.

How am I supposed to know? I literally said they will have the chance to draft one in the next couple of years if they keep doing what they do and that maybe, just maybe, one of Romanov, Guhle or Mailloux will turn out to be a top pairing D down the road

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
How am I supposed to know? I literally said they will have the chance to draft one in the next couple of years if they keep doing what they do and that maybe, just maybe, one of Romanov, Guhle or Mailloux will turn out to be a top pairing D down the road

Guhle has the makings of a top pairing defender but both Romanov and Mailloux are projects in that area.

Also other teams in the division have elite top pairing guys already in Buffalo, Ottawa and Detroit.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
only 14 games played in the OHL.. sad.. for a big guy like him he really needed the TOI... he seems to have a BIG impact on the locker room.

Reactions: HuGort

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I don't like that the kid who put him down threw his first punch as Mailloux was dropping his gloves.

He looks like a nasty fighter no need to do BS like that.

I had a bigger problem with the punch on the ice, Mailloux goes in for the extra cross check kind of high and should be ready to defend himself when he goes in for that extra lick. I understand Zito turning throwing bombs after that, but I don't like the last punch. Even if he was livid and it certainly appeared he was, he could drive his head right into the ice like that, really dangerous to keep throwing once they are on the ice like that a part of why it has always been against the code.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
I had a bigger problem with the punch on the ice, Mailloux goes in for the extra cross check kind of high and should be ready to defend himself when he goes in for that extra lick. I understand Zito turning throwing bombs after that, but I don't like the last punch. Even if he was livid and it certainly appeared he was, he could drive his head right into the ice like that, really dangerous to keep throwing once they are on the ice like that a part of why it has always been against the code.

100% agree, you don't throw punches early but you even more so you don't throw punches after the guy is down

Aug 25, 2009
éal
Word. I have no respect for what Mailloux did but punching a guy on the head while he's down dont belong in the sport neither.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Mailloux will have the last laugh when he's in the nhl and other guy will amount to nothing lol

Zito has had a pretty good +1 draft year and looks to be able to play down a lineup in a checking role with good speed and plenty of jam. Kind of actually looks like a lot of the bottom 6 guys Yzerman and the scouts in Tampa found for a lot of years. Still a long way to go, he is pretty young, not turning 19 until June but as a Wings fan I am pretty happy with him. It was kind of postured that they knew a little more since he was in their backyard in Windsor, I guess we will see. Most hockey players have lost a fight at some point, I don't think it means the guy winning the fight will somehow not amount to anything so you can feel better when your guy gets drubbed.

I think Mailloux just wasn't prepared for how angry Zito was from the last cross check, I doubt you see it again to this extent, most guys learn from that kind of thing and carry it forward as a learning experience. Fighting is also increasingly less relevant in the NHL.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Agree 100%. Bush league

Reactions: Tim Wallach

Cenzo_

Dec 11, 2006
Montreal
So that little punk Zito threw the first punch while Mailloux still had his gloves one, and threw the last punch while Mailloux was head down on the ground while landing on his shoulder and now we learn that Mailloux's season is done following that fight.

I get that Mailloux deserves little sympathy but I sure as hell hope Zito will also get what he deserves at one point

Last edited:

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
So that little punk Zito threw the first punch while the Mailloux still had his gloves one, at threw the last punch while Mailloux was head down on the ground while landing on his shoulder and now we learn that Mailloux's season is done following that fight.

I get that Mailloux deserves little sympathy but I sure as hell hope Zito will also get what he deserves at one point
He might, mailloux sure as hell did

Reactions: Hunter Gathers

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Weird pick at the time and it looks like another season of development gone.

Will be interesting to see how he looks next year in London.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
So that little punk Zito threw the first punch while Mailloux still had his gloves one, and threw the last punch while Mailloux was head down on the ground while landing on his shoulder and now we learn that Mailloux's season is done following that fight.

Maybe your boy should've refrained from the extra crosscheck? Sounds like he might still be healthy had he not tried to get that extra lick in.

Karma.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Maybe your boy should've refrained from the extra crosscheck? Sounds like he might still be healthy had he not tried to get that extra lick in.

Karma.

Ah yes, an extra cross checking that is at worst a 1 game suspension or fine in the NHL deserves a season ending injury?

Also did you watch the fight? The other kid suckered punched him, Mailloux was taking his gloves off when he got hit the first time and the last punch he was on the ground.

Punching someone already on the ground is super dangerous. If the punch is solid could cause severe head trauma.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad