D Logan Mailloux - Laval, AHL (2021, 31st, MTL)

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Ah yes, an extra cross checking that is at worst a 1 game suspension or fine in the NHL deserves a season ending injury?

Also did you watch the fight? The other kid suckered punched him, Mailloux was taking his gloves off when he got hit the first time and the last punch he was on the ground.

Punching someone already on the ground is super dangerous. If the punch is solid could cause severe head trauma.

Don't start shit if you don't want to get hit. Sorry.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Don't start shit if you don't want to get hit. Sorry.

Um no, Mailloux was willing to fight the guy hence the dropping his gloves. But what the other guy did goes against the "code" in hockey and was 1000% a cheap shot.

You don't punch guys once they are on the ground and you don't suckered punch people.

An extra cross check occurs commonly in hockey what the other kid did is not.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Um no, Mailloux was willing to fight the guy hence the dropping his gloves. But what the other guy did goes against the "code" in hockey and was 1000% a cheap shot.

You don't punch guys once they are on the ground and you don't suckered punch people.

An extra cross check occurs commonly in hockey what the other kid did is not.

Nah. Logan f***ed around and found out. And I wouldn't be surprised with his past that if he f***s around, he's going to find out some more since I can see players not being a fan of his character.

This is pretty simple. He needn't f*** around if he doesn't want to get clocked.

Reactions: cjm502 and Reddwit

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Nah. Logan f***ed around and found out. And I wouldn't be surprised with his past that if he f***s around, he's going to find out some more since I can see players not being a fan of his character.

This is pretty simple. He needn't f*** around if he doesn't want to get clocked.
Over the top post.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
I've been wondering about Mailloux - He isn't signed yet by Montreal, and there is new management from when he was drafted by Montreal.

I wonder if there is a rough plan where Montreal leaves him unsigned and MTL gets a compensatory second-round pick for him?

He is the only CHL first-rounder from 2021 that remains unsigned.

Zilo44

Jul 4, 2012
I've been wondering about Mailloux - He isn't signed yet by Montreal, and there is new management from when he was drafted by Montreal.

I wonder if there is a rough plan where Montreal leaves him unsigned and MTL gets a compensatory second-round pick for him?

Don’t think it’s happening. Just no incentive for Montreal to commit before the end of the year. If he plays well this year, he’ll get signed.

Mar 12, 2009

He's had injuries on top of everything, has played little. If Mailloux's development has or becomes further derailed by injury, they might just take a pick.

They could also be waiting to remonitor development/improvement in the off ice stuff they said they were working with him about.
Reminds me of Jeremy Bracco was likely in a similar position, but was having a great 2nd OHL year and remained unsigned while "lesser" prospects were getting their contracts. He eventually was signed but his off ice issues were continuing to get worse and likely jeopardized his signing at some point (and lead him out of the organization and out of "decent prospect" status).

HABitual Fan

May 22, 2007
There was a country music festival here a few weeks ago promoted by the Habs entertainment division. The team posted video of him, Suzuki and Anderson presenting jerseys to one of the bands, so it appears they are fine with him representing the team. I don't think they would do that if the intention was to not sign him, or he was still persona non gratis.

HABitual Fan

May 22, 2007

The pick would basically be a 3rd rounder at 64th overall, so that would be even more doubtful to be the plan.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
The pick would basically be a 3rd rounder at 64th overall, so that would be even more doubtful to be the plan.
It’s still an option. If he has a tough year and they have doubts about him, it could make sense.

Doubt it comes to that, but there is no rush for MTL to make a decision. Might as well see how it goes.

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
The fact that he is unsigned is purely PR. So they can say in 2 years that he truly had the time to change and mature; because he is now a "better person" we now deem him worthy to offer him his entry-level deal and represent this organization (and also so by that time people will have somewhat forgotten about the accusations).

Last edited:

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
Not sure.

He only played 12 OHL games. They probably wanna see his development too.
Last season they didn't invite him to camp because it would have made bad press, it is obvious that they weren't going to sign him by the end of that season no matter the on-ice performances.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Not sure.

He only played 12 OHL games. They probably wanna see his development too.

I think that he showed enough in those 12 games to be signed but more than likely they just want to wait and his signing will probably be on a day when others are signed so to get lost in the shuffle a little bit for PR reasons.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
There was a country music festival here a few weeks ago promoted by the Habs entertainment division. The team posted video of him, Suzuki and Anderson presenting jerseys to one of the bands, so it appears they are fine with him representing the team. I don't think they would do that if the intention was to not sign him, or he was still persona non gratis.

This, the Habs clearly intend on keeping him. He was ripping to Org at an event and was also chatting with Habs brass before this. (HuGo, St.Louis, and Lecavalier)

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
The fact that he is unsigned is purely PR. So they can say in 2 years that he truly had the time to change and mature; because he is now a "better person" we now deem him worthy to offer him his entry-level deal and represent this organization (and also so by that time people will have somewhat forgotten about the accusations).
^^This.^^

They likely told him...

"We took a chance on you in the first because we know your potential. Do NOT do anything to embarrass us. Stay healthy, keep your head down and your nose clean and you'll get your contract."

Hopefully he does.

Last edited:
Reactions: wetcoast

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
It’s still an option. If he has a tough year and they have doubts about him, it could make sense.

Doubt it comes to that, but there is no rush for MTL to make a decision. Might as well see how it goes.

Even if he has a rough year his skillset and physical skills are better than what will be there at #64.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad