D Logan Mailloux - Laval, AHL (2021, 31st, MTL)

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
You don't think that the same sh*tstorm will occur when he shows up for training camp next fall. I have said, and will continue to believe that Mailloux (though, by no fault of his,) will never play for the Habs.
I hope not, I think the hire of Chantal Macabé will surely help.

Right after the draft, every journalists (mostly male journalist who have very likely kept worst story secret) jump ship to say 'hey, I'm part of the gang too' in saying how terrible the selection and the individual were. Chantal had the most complete view on the whole thing in my opinion.

It's a guessing game right now, but if Mailloux does well on and off the ice, I can't see what the issue is.
Aren't, learning from your mistakes and social re-insertion, things we want in our society...

Reactions: Theodore450

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
I hope not, I think the hire of Chantal Macabé will surely help.

Right after the draft, every journalists (mostly male journalist who have very likely kept worst story secret) jump ship to say 'hey, I'm part of the gang too' in saying how terrible the selection and the individual were. Chantal had the most complete view on the whole thing in my opinion.

It's a guessing game right now, but if Mailloux does well on and off the ice, I can't see what the issue is.
Aren't, learning from your mistakes and social re-insertion, things we want in our society...
Will some people point it out? Of course. But, if he plays well, most people will put it in the rear view mirror.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
His offensive tools are fantastic. Nice wrist shot release, puckhandling, good 1 timer/slapper, great edgework and he plays hard/has good compete level. Basically always noticeable.

To be honest i wouldn't be suprised if TC considers him for Beijing, even ahead of Guhle. He has experience playing vs men and on a bigger rink too.

Last edited:

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
His offensive tools are fantastic. Nice wrist shot release, puckhandling, good 1 timer/slapper, great edgework and he plays hard/has good compete level. Basically always noticeable.

To be honest i wouldn't be suprised if TC considers him for Beijing, even ahead of Guhle. He has experience playing on a bigger rink too.
They won't

Reactions: Wats

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

To be honest i wouldn't be suprised if TC considers him for Beijing, even ahead of Guhle. He has experience playing vs men and on a bigger rink too.

I can't see that happening at all, first because he's played 3 games in over a year and 2nd of the unwanted media attention it would bring. I think the odds of me winning the lottery are far better.

Reactions: 03HockeyFan

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles

The hockey world went apeshit when Montreal drafted this kid. Imagine the firestorm his inclusion would have for Team Canada, especially with Virtanen and Leipsic being considered for the team? A roster can only have so many garbage people on it.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
I can't see that happening at all, first because he's played 3 games in over a year and 2nd of the unwanted media attention it would bring. I think the odds of me winning the lottery are far better.
I agree, on a hockey standpoint he's probably good enough to be considered. But , he's not the guy you select to represent the country after 3 ohl games. Let's give him a few years of good conduct first.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Tools are there. Pretty happy to have Romanov, Guhle and Mailloux, they are all big, strong, mobile, great skating ability too. The future at D is very strong in Montreal.

Reactions: Just Linda

Gaston Gingras

Sep 16, 2008
Hamilton
Capture_d%C3%A9cran_le_2022-01-21_%C3%A0_14.15.37.png

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Wow, i see why the Habs went to the trouble of drafting him. His offensive instincts are off the charts, his skating is high-end, has a hard shot and he's big. Defensively he needs work on his positioning particularly when defending 2 on 1's. If not for the character issues he would have been drafted far earlier.

At LOT of teams could regret NOT taking this kid.

Last edited:

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC to Chicago
Tools are there. Pretty happy to have Romanov, Guhle and Mailloux, they are all big, strong, mobile, great skating ability too. The future at D is very strong in Montreal.

Is it really though? Those are three solid players/prospects but I'm not sure there's a top pairing player there. Compared to other rebuilding teams in the division

Buffalo: Dahlin and Power
Ottawa: Chabot and Sanderson
Detroit: Seider and Edvinsson

I feel like Montreal's group of young defensemen is at best fourth in the division right now.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Is it really though? Those are three solid players/prospects but I'm not sure there's a top pairing player there. Compared to other rebuilding teams in the division

I feel like Montreal's group of young defensemen is at best fourth in the division right now.

Montreal will have a couple of opportunities in the next 2-3 years to draft a defensemen in the talent range of the aforementioned. Coupled with our current crop of young defensemen, we should at least have the best defense depth in the division. Hopefully we can grab (or develop from our current crop) a top pairing/#1 defensemen on top of what we have

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016

Agree with that, they are pretty solid Buffalo, Ottawa and Detroit... but MTL looks have really great depth. Guhle looks have tools to become a top pairing defenseman. Romanov is pretty raw (hitting ability with his skating and passing ability) he looks like at least a pretty good top 4 defenseman, maybe more. If Mailloux continue like he got big talent. If Harris sign, Struble, Norlinder, Fairbrother, Xhekaj, Trudeau, Kostenko.

The depth is there... if we grab Jiricek or Nemec at 2022 draft... it's potentially a pretty great top 4, well balanced with Guhle, Romanov, Mailloux, Nemec or Jiricek.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Montreal will have a couple of opportunities in the next 2-3 years to draft a defensemen in the talent range of the aforementioned. Coupled with our current crop of young defensemen, we should at least have the best defense depth in the division. Hopefully we can grab (or develop from our current crop) a top pairing/#1 defensemen on top of what we have

Exactly what Dmen are you talking about and have you seriously even looked at the other teams in the division?

Sabers, Wings and Sens all have really good young NHL Dmen and prospects coming as well.

Reactions: Ed Ned and Leddy

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral

If the Habs draft Jiricek then that might change things. If they don't then I agree.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad