D Logan Mailloux - Laval, AHL (2021, 31st, MTL)

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
""All off ice issues aside the Canadiens hope to get this young prospect back on the ice as the organization feels they have stolen a top 15 talent with the 31st overall pick""

Bold claim if they believe he is a top 15 talent.

they must be shocked to know that they could have gotten with an even later pick instead of a 1st round pick and the attention that goes along with it.

It's not that crazy. He's got a lot of really good tools.

Reminds me a bit of K'Andre Miller. Still needs to put it all together, but it may never happen.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Hopefully it's not a bunch of fluff from the Habs and he is infact putting in work off the ice to make ammends.
I heard they made him write on a chalk board “i will not be a dick” 1000
Times. He finished the pennance and ia ready to play in January!

canuck2010

Dec 21, 2010
Time to get off the kids back. He did a dumb, damaging and hurtful thing at 18 or 19 years old however let's get real here. Ask yourself how prevalent this type of behaviour is today even among supposed adults. Typical of hypocritical people who like to pile on with some holier than thou attitude. I've heard some people say he should be banned from hockey for life, that the Canadiens should be disgraced for ever more because they drafted a dumb ass teenager. Maybe we should hold others to such high standards then as well, politicians, evangelists, crooked cops, racists. I could go on.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Time to get off the kids back. He did a dumb, damaging and hurtful thing at 18 or 19 years old however let's get real here. Ask yourself how prevalent this type of behaviour is today even among supposed adults. Typical of hypocritical people who like to pile on with some holier than thou attitude. I've heard some people say he should be banned from hockey for life, that the Canadiens should be disgraced for ever more because they drafted a dumb ass teenager. Maybe we should hold others to such high standards then as well, politicians, evangelists, crooked cops, racists. I could go on.

No kidding. The amount of hypocrisy is pretty terrible here. Would happily take him as a Blues player.

kevistar

Oct 11, 2017
Now if we go back to hockey, do we know from there when will he actually play his first game? Is it going to be right away (the first game after his suspension is over)?

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Now if we go back to hockey, do we know from there when will he actually play his first game? Is it going to be right away (the first game after his suspension is over)?

He was gonna play his first game tomorrow, but it just got postponed. Next game scheduled is January 7th.

Reactions: kevistar

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
No matter when he was picked the narrative was always gonna be he did something wrong and didn't pay for it at all. Guess all it took was a GM. with balls and the understanding that he was getting possible a top 15 pick in the 31st spot was a now brainer. Now because the Habs did we/he even gets more hate. As a Hab fan ,i love it.

So much holier then thou....like their "feeling" is important to anyone but their mirrors.

I just want to see this kid play and develop. Period.

superstar436

Mar 4, 2004
Elaborate? Mailloux's skill ceiling alone with his rare bodytype makes him a potential #1 D even if he's not great defensively.

Top speed and lateral movement need work. Of course i only saw his highlights tonight, but i rely on the scouting reports. No one said he is an offensice dynamo although being good at it.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Top speed and lateral movement need work. Of course i only saw his highlights tonight, but i rely on the scouting reports. No one said he is an offensice dynamo although being good at it.
If he brings the same level of offense on a regular basis, he'll surely be an offensive dynamo at the junior level at the very least. He was dominant offensively in that game, but needs work on gap control and perhaps a bit too passive too in the dzone

Doc5

Aug 8, 2012
Good first game for sure. Looking forward to seeing if he can keep this up and build off it. Next game's tomorrow right?

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Looked excellent but a tad sluggish, I think it was because of not playing a game for so long and being out of shape rather than being a poor skater though.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Is Mailloux really 6'3"?

In that goal celebration, Steklov who's 6'4" towers over him.

Not that it really matters, lol

Outside of that very 1st clip, the 2 on 1, which he played awfully, he played well the rest of the game.

Looking to see what London does at the deadline in terms of adding.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I don't want to make too quick of judgements after one game (and after he hadn't played in a long time), but I don't think his passing is nearly as good as Bouchard's. His shot is definitely up there though.

That's a very high bar though, Bouchards passing ability was simply elite as a prospect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad