D Logan Mailloux - Laval, AHL (2021, 31st, MTL)

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Considering he was 17 at the time of the crime, I'm not really sure he would have faced something that more severe in Canada.

Canadian law is grayer on the age side, but catches him unequivocally because it requires consent of all parties involved irrespective of age.

Asinine

yer opinion is wrong
Feb 28, 2013

Lmfao. I love these kinds of overreaction posts for shit like this.

They alway convey that same solemn grave tone like it's the darkest day in human history.

If running out of time means people like this clown are going to stop watching the league then I can't wait.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Garo

Jul 30, 2005
Montréal
Thank God I don't have posts hating on Kucherov because holy do I feel the same way about the people defending Bergevin now

Oh and yeah screw this organization lol

Reactions: Seb

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
Lol. Bergevin is trying to win cups not pander to the woke mob. It doesn’t matter what this kid does it will never be enough for people like you. Thankfully, people like you simply do not matter to people like MB. It’s a results based business and MB is focused on getting results. What a pick.

So women being degraded doesn't matter? What he did was wrong and doesn't deserve to be drafted. What the Habs did basically says they don't give a flying f*** about women.

DavePoulin4PM

2x NHL all star, Selke winner, NHL exec
Nov 6, 2017
So women being degraded doesn't matter? What he did was wrong and doesn't deserve to be drafted. What the Habs did basically says they don't give a flying f*** about women.

The reality is that most professional athletes are scumbags. If you spent any time around players you would never watch hockey again. He is a hard worker and good teammate.

“women being degraded” shouldn’t matter to MB as he is trying to win a cup. If this kid were lazy or had a drinking problem it’s much more of an issue.

goatanek

May 19, 2014
Mike Milbury agrees with this pick.

Disgusting.

I hoep they go 0-82 next year.

Embarrassing. Even worse is trying to justfy the pick.

Just say your team made a mistake instead of defending his actions.

Losing what little respect I had for Habs fans.

You're losing respect for habs fans? What do we have to do with this? What?

DavePoulin4PM

2x NHL all star, Selke winner, NHL exec
Nov 6, 2017
Yes. The culture that's just accepted is the whole problem here. You have inadvertently arrived at the correct answer.

The culture isn’t a problem at all. It’s a problem for “fans” like yourself… but your outrage doesn’t matter.

Reactions: Sens

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
This is not one stupid mistake. This is a serious of choices designed to degrade women and this woman in particular. First you have to decide that you don't care about consent at all to take a picture. Then you have to hide it to take the picture without her consent. Then you have to decide later to distribute this picture. And it has to be done to many many people as it's unlikely his closest friends report him immediately. This was a designed choice to destroy this woman's life. Then he makes the choice to never apologize, never try to make up for what he did. It was only after the story came out that he made political moves to protect his future. As late team interviews he was victim blaming, he has no remorse.

I believe in second chances for everyone. However being drafted, particularly in the first round is a privilege not a right. A privilege he's clearly lost. If he showed real remorse, actually worked on himself and down the road put himself back in a position where he could join adult society it's possible he could make a career for himself in hockey. Maybe NHL, maybe not. However now the only lesson is make fake political moves and everyone forgives instantly. This is just bad for everyone. Terrible PR for NHL (particularly when you consider Blackhawks theatrics immediately following it), terrible PR for Montreal, no consequences for Mailloux, no reason to change. This is the ultimate lose-lose-lose for everyone.

He snapped a pic and sent it to a group chat then linked her profile. That would take me under 10 seconds to do.

"Hey guys, look who I'm banging. It's this girl"

He also did apologize but thats not important.

I think you misconstrued the situation a bit. It was bad and I'm glad he faced consequences for it but he wasn't a criminal mastermind, he was an immature approval seeker.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
This is not one stupid mistake. This is a serious of choices designed to degrade women and this woman in particular. First you have to decide that you don't care about consent at all to take a picture. Then you have to hide it to take the picture without her consent. Then you have to decide later to distribute this picture. And it has to be done to many many people as it's unlikely his closest friends report him immediately. This was a designed choice to destroy this woman's life. Then he makes the choice to never apologize, never try to make up for what he did. It was only after the story came out that he made political moves to protect his future. As late team interviews he was victim blaming, he has no remorse.

I believe in second chances for everyone. However being drafted, particularly in the first round is a privilege not a right. A privilege he's clearly lost. If he showed real remorse, actually worked on himself and down the road put himself back in a position where he could join adult society it's possible he could make a career for himself in hockey. Maybe NHL, maybe not. However now the only lesson is make fake political moves and everyone forgives instantly. This is just bad for everyone. Terrible PR for NHL (particularly when you consider Blackhawks theatrics immediately following it), terrible PR for Montreal, no consequences for Mailloux, no reason to change. This is the ultimate lose-lose-lose for everyone.

NHL Draft prospect Logan Mailloux faces uncertain future after criminal charge in Sweden - Daily Faceoff

According to a 48-page investigation report from Sweden’s North Region Polisen, which was obtained by Daily Faceoff, Mailloux secretly photographed the victim without her consent or knowledge while engaging in oral sex.
The next day, Mailloux shared the photo in the SK Lejon team group chat on SnapChat during a bus ride to a road game. According to the investigation, the victim was not identified in the photo. A witness interviewed said in the investigation that the photo only made visible “the hair of the girl … you saw that it was a girl, and you glimpsed bra straps,”

At least the victim was not identifiable in the pictures.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

holy

Demigod
May 22, 2017
Kid won’t ever make a peep in this light again and people will act like he’s not reformed.

Heffyhoof

So happy to be glad to be pleased to meet you.
Jan 17, 2016
Happy enough with the pick as a Habs fan. Kinda wanted Aatu Räty just because of his previous pedigree and the promise of talent but Habs really need right handed defensemen. Also thought Mailloux might've been available later but if he hits his potential this is a grand slam pick.

The great priests of the 30 years and older internet can yield judgement on a 17 year old but forgiveness and repentance are real.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Steal? He was projected as a 25-40 pick. He was picked exactly where he was supposed to go

I think that Logan might have preferred not getting drafted at all last year but that's something we will never know.

Hopefully his return won't provoke the reaction around here that I think might sadly be coming.

Reactions: FrankGallagher

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Reactions: Pat Jablonski

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I think that Logan might have preferred not getting drafted at all last year but that's something we will never know.

Hopefully his return won't provoke the reaction around here that I think might sadly be coming.

It was the right move on his part, and Bergervin had to go f*** it up for him.

Get the spotlight off yourself, put off the perception that you paid some kind of penance and tried to straighten up and redeem yourself. Instead Montreal put the spotlight right back on him and now the narrative is he did something wrong and didn't pay for it at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad