D Logan Mailloux - Laval, AHL (2021, 31st, MTL)

superstar436

Mar 4, 2004
I think Bergevin is starting to crave the spotlight.

I hope this is the nail in the coffin for Trevor Timmins. Regardless of you think of what logan did, he would have been there in the second and 3rd round. Why pick him with your first.

Fire Timmins !

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
It was a tasteless thing to do but it wasn't a 1st degree crime....he is just a kid...a stupid kid....I am not going to ruin his life because of what he did...if he had raped the young lady then throw away the key....but not over this...no way....however if this were to become a pattern in the future, then I would have a problem....but not for a one off event.....sorry.....

Playing in a professional league is a privilege. He made a decision where he hoped he wasn't going to get caught. He was caught. He wasn't sorry. The victim felt he was only "sorry" because he realized it could impact his career. His tweet was agent garbage hoping that he could regain a spot in next years draft.

As I've said before, if he works towards forgiveness and uses his platform to do better he could eventually work himself back. Montreal taking him in the 1st round is an absolute slap in the face to the victim and just another typical NHL moment.

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004
What a dumb dumb move.

I believe in second chances for most crimes, but it’s been like 3 weeks and you can’t prove you’ve changed as a person enough in my eyes. Must feel awful for the girl.
It happened sometime in late 2020

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
You'd be suprised how many of these kids are on their phones sexting with no idea what the consequences of leaking pics or video of other people can bring them. Seriously its pretty common with the younger generations who all have phones and have access to internet at such a young age. Im not defending him or anything if what im reading on him is true its really bad but i'm not sure we can label him as a straight up criminal menace to society either

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
Canadiens likely figured that the thing he did wasn't serious enough to be still seen as a a big stain on his character by the time he is NHL-ready like 4 years down the line. I'm also sure pretty much every GM in the league has had several players who did much worse, so that probably gives them a different perspective on it. But they'll obviously take heat for it in the short term.
Agreed and it is nice to see a sober voice here in relation to the over the top reactions....some people think this kid is another Bundy....give me a break...I sure wouldn't want people to know the stupid things I did as a teenager....again....lets see how this plays out....I would willing to bet this kid will not make a mistake like this again in the future....I think this could be a real steal by the Habs ....lets give the kid a chance to grow and mature.....

Last edited:

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Bob McKenzie said it very well. Mailloux hasn't faced any real consequences so far.

One was supposed to be that he wouldn't be drafted. And he was drafted. In the first round.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
Exactly. I mean for all the crap MLB gets all 30 teams did it right and didn’t draft Luke Heimlich. If he was a GM of an MLB team I wouldn’t have put it past him to draft that guy.
Luke Heimlich - Wikipedia

WTF are you talking about ? Luke Heimlich molested his 6-year-old niece, what this has to do with Logan sharing a picture of a girl, without her consent ?

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004
I think Bergevin is starting to crave the spotlight.

I hope this is the nail in the coffin for Trevor Timmins. Regardless of you think of what logan did, he would have been there in the second and 3rd round. Why pick him with your first.

Fire Timmins !
Because apparently multiple teams were thinking about taking him in the second

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Agreed and it is nice to see a sober voice here in relation to the over the top reactions....some people think this kid is another Bundy....give me a break...I sure wouldn't want people to know the stupid things I did as a teenager....again....lets see how this plays out....I would be willing to be this kid will not make a mistake like this again in the future....I think this could be a real steal by the Habs ....lets give the kid a chance to grow and mature.....

Nothing like celebrating a "sober voice....in relation to over the top reactions" while pretending as if anyone here has compared Mailloux to Ted Bundy, the most over the top reaction in this entire thread. This board is hysterical.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
I hate Montreal, but I gotta admit Bergevin has a lot of balls. Mailloux is indeed first round talent player. People who call him a sexual convict/offender and even predator for sharing photos/video need to check their heads.

Any chance you have a daughter? If a young man did the same thing to her you’d be telling people to check their heads?

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
You'd be suprised how many of these kids are on their phones sexting with no idea what the consequences of leaking pics or video of other people can bring them. Seriously its pretty common with the younger generations who all have phones and have access to internet at such a young age. Im not defending him or anything if what im reading on him is true its really bad but i'm not sure we can label him as a straight up criminal menace to society either

There is definitely some room for nuance here, I agree. Toxic masculinity is furthermore a social problem and not strictly an individual flaw.

I think for now it may be best to direct all vitriol at Bergeron and the Canadiens.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Bob McKenzie said it very well. Mailloux hasn't faced any real consequences so far.

One was supposed to be that he wouldn't be drafted. And he was drafted. In the first round.

He's getting hammered online about it. What do you think that guy's social media feed looks like these days? I'd say he's definitely paying a price for what not too long ago would have been considered a youthful indiscretion.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
He's getting hammered online about it. What do you think that guy's social media feed looks like these days? I'd say he's definitely paying a price for what not too long ago would have been considered a youthful indiscretion.

It was okay "not too long ago" and therefore not a big deal?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad