D Logan Mailloux - Laval, AHL (2021, 31st, MTL)

kingskring

Dec 3, 2012
E7CFJbyUUAIo_w9

Reactions: Jersey Fan 12

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
The thing is that there has been precedent set by other leagues where players have committed much more heinous crimes and are given another chance to play again. By contrast, this incident pales in comparison. However, did the Habs HAVE to take this kid in the first round? It makes no sense. They took a boring first round that was moments away from ending, doused in gasoline, and dropped a bomb on top of it.
Total clown show.

Last edited:

ThisIsMyAlibi

CBJ are trash.
Mar 16, 2010
Ohio
this "sex charge" is familiar for those who work in the criminal justice system. One of the more common ones you see for adolescent males. Usually resolved by sending the offending youth to a Diversion program to keep the charge off his/her record. counseling, contrition, all that. almost always a sign of real immaturity but a lesson they often learn from.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
"According to a report in The Athletic, the woman who had been victimized in the Mailloux encounter suggested all she wanted from him was “a heartfelt apology,” but didn’t get it."

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
If you’re putting him on a DND list, you have zero clue of what goes on in hockey culture.

Not saying it’s okay that this happened, it’s not. However these kind of things (and WORSE) happen on the regular.

He’s going to learn from this; I know for a fact he’s apologized to the victim and feels terribly about what occurred.
It’s going to make him a better person because of a dumb mistake made as a 17y/o.

Reportedly up to 10 nhl teams had him on their DND list. So it is not just us

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
Quite pissed that we passed on perfectly good players like Pinelli and Chibrikov only to draft an actual convicted sex offender that would have served jail time had he been a couple months older.

It'll be interesting to see how he reacts from here on out as the Montreal media will be absolutely merciless on him, and the social media keyboard warriors will aggressively be on his case. I wouldn't be surprised if he was getting hate mail/spit on right about now on twitter/instagram/facebook.

Hopefully our PR/Branding team has had a nice rest recently because they're about to go overdrive and work a lot here in the coming days/weeks in their bid to offset the negative press drafting Mailloux will have on the team.

The next time Bergevin appears for a press conference he should be fully ready to answer hostile questions and "face the music" if you will.

Reactions: crazyforhockey

sasha barkov

Nov 4, 2016
Worst PR speak I've ever read. Bergevin is a monster.
Lol ease up. He sent a vid to some friends , lots of kids that at that age . He made a mistake , apologized , and now it is over and done w . Obviously what he did was immature and wrong, but to strip something that he’s worked for his whole life over a immature mistake is completely irrational and insane . You have to remember these kids were 14 only 4 years ago

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Lol ease up. He sent a vid to some friends , lots of kids that at that age . He made a mistake , apologized , and now it is over and done w . Obviously what he did was immature and wrong, but to strip something that he’s worked for his whole life over a immature mistake is completely irrational and insane . You have to remember these kids were 14 only 4 years ago

You have to remember these kids weren't born only 18 years ago.

sasha barkov

Nov 4, 2016
You have to remember these kids weren't born only 18 years ago.
Yes , in a completely different generation than the vast majority of users in here can relate to . What he did is normalized in that generation. If previous generations had phones it would be 10x worse

King Makar19

Dec 5, 2019
I guess destroying the life of a young women is nothing? Small village he was. Guy a nutcase and some people think a letter written by his agent is ok.

Reactions: crazyforhockey

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Yes , in a completely different generation than the vast majority of users in here can relate to . 18 years is not that long

I'm just making fun of your post where you randomly picked four years ago, and 14 for whatever unknown reason as some weird rationalization to remind us that 18 years old is young as if we didn't already know that.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
What a dumb dumb move.

I believe in second chances for most crimes, but it’s been like 3 weeks and you can’t prove you’ve changed as a person enough in my eyes. Must feel awful for the girl.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Montreal beats cancel culture!

Oh come on man.

Look I agree when the internet mob goes coocoo over certain things that it can be overkill, but this man shouldn’t have been drafted (and he didn’t want to be either).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad