D Logan Mailloux - Laval, AHL (2021, 31st, MTL)

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
A lot of people sure got awful defensive real quick on what is honestly a fair question you asked.

I don't know if the women involved with Mailloux ever publicly said if she received and accepted a heartfelt apology from him, as far as I can tell that was in the news last summer was she was just looking for a legit apology and some remorse.

He still has a ways to go in my mind to prove he's deserving of playing in the NHL.
People get defensive because they are two completely different situations.

Mitchell was 10x worse than what Logan did. They are not living in the same 🌎

Reactions: Colezuki

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
Mailloux had a pretty decent game against the Steelheads. 2 pts with one goal coming off a nice shot he made. His defensive play was fine to good, and he was responsible for clearing the zone quite a few times, more than any other D-man last night.

Reactions: jfhabs

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
Kid looks good. Considering he is 19 I think he has plenty time to get back into his full capacity and eventually play in the NHL.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Somebody ripping it up on the Knights in their D+2 season is hardly new.
He's not really ripping it up. Mintyukov, Kyrou, & Nelson are ripping it up. The two former more so than the latter.

Logan's 14th in dman scoring, and 11th in dman ppg. Meh?

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
He's not really ripping it up. Mintyukov, Kyrou, & Nelson are ripping it up. The two former more so than the latter.

Logan's 14th in dman scoring, and 11th in dman ppg. Meh?

Point production wise no, but goal-scoring-wise yes.
He's on pace for 30 goals in 63 games. Only 1 OHL defenseman has scored 30 goals or more since 2000.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Point production wise no, but goal-scoring-wise yes.
He's on pace for 30 goals in 63 games. Only 1 OHL defenseman has scored 30 goals or more since 2000.
Spencer Sova is on pace for 35 in 68, which would tie him with elite goalscorer Nic Hague.

tbh feels weird to admit as a Vegas fan but I had no idea Hague had such a successful year goalscoring-wise.

Looking at the OHL's goalscoring leaders among dmen though... Pretty lame list.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
As the poster above me said what Logan Maiiloux did was a one off that you can likely chalk up to being young, stupid, and a D*ckhead. He has also apologized for it and is now talking to other young people about what he did, why it was wrong, and why they shouldn't do it.

Miller supposedly has not apologized to the victim or done anything major to make amends + while he was younger what he did is definitely worse.
Both cases were reprehensible but in both cases the reaction has been excessive; by adults with agendas.

In Miller's case there was also a racial component.

holy

Demigod
May 22, 2017
People get defensive because they are two completely different situations.

Mitchell was 10x worse than what Logan did. They are not living in the same 🌎
It’s actually nuts to think otherwise. Women are not in the same class as the mentally disabled. Feel like it’s an insult to compare the two things honestly.

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
I think he will be on our blue line at 21-22.

I mean no disrespect, but I disagree strongly with what you've said.

Logan Mailloux has an unreal foundation of tools to work with. He's big, strong, smooth as heck for a guy his size, his ability to shoot is real good, Mailloux knows how to get shots through like few defencemen do, passes the puck generally well, and he's got real skill handling the puck.

Problem is, Logan Mailloux's reads off and on the puck need some major refining. His defensive game is also wildly inconsistent; some games he's in the right places doing the right things, winning board battles and blocking lanes, other nights he looks completely lost in his own zone and behind the play at nearly all times.

Then you start examining his pinches with the puck, how often he gets caught trying to create offense at the wrong time, and his gap control/stick work, which are far from polished. You also start to notice how Mailloux sometimes isn't engaged mentally/physically at a level necessary for him to have success, and the picture starts to get clearer.

Once you've taken all that into consideration, you start to see a prospect with tantalizing potential, yes, but also one who will require a lot more reps at higher levels like the AHL before he's anywhere close to NHL-ready.

I would personally give Mailloux an entire year in the AHL next year, and then reevaluate after that.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
I mean no disrespect, but I disagree strongly with what you've said.

Logan Mailloux has an unreal foundation of tools to work with. He's big, strong, smooth as heck for a guy his size, his ability to shoot is real good, Mailloux knows how to get shots through like few defencemen do, passes the puck generally well, and he's got real skill handling the puck.

Problem is, Logan Mailloux's reads off and on the puck need some major refining. His defensive game is also wildly inconsistent; some games he's in the right places doing the right things, winning board battles and blocking lanes, other nights he looks completely lost in his own zone and behind the play at nearly all times.

Then you start examining his pinches with the puck, how often he gets caught trying to create offense at the wrong time, and his gap control/stick work, which are far from polished. You also start to notice how Mailloux sometimes isn't engaged mentally/physically at a level necessary for him to have success, and the picture starts to get clearer.

Once you've taken all that into consideration, you start to see a prospect with tantalizing potential, yes, but also one who will require a lot more reps at higher levels like the AHL before he's anywhere close to NHL-ready.

I would personally give Mailloux an entire year in the AHL next year, and then reevaluate after that.

I think by 21-22, he was talking about Mailloux's age. He's 19, so that means he would make the nhl in 2-3 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad