D David Reinbacher - EHC Kloten, NL (2023, 5th, MTL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pablo Sanchez

The Secret Weapon
Oct 17, 2011
Nj
Simashev was a panic pick because they didn’t think Reinbacher was going to be taken top 5. Reinbacher was also Philly and Nashville pick at 5 had Montreal traded the pick to them.

Reinbacher was absolutely drafted to be a top pair RHD. You don’t draft someone #5 overall in a very deep draft if his ceiling is simply a top 4 D. He still has ways to go but he still project to be just that, a very solid two-way top pair RHD if he keep his trajectory.
Please tell me who reported that so I know who to avoid in the future. So tired of seeing that copium floating around.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Finger isnt really a comparable. But Hanifin looks pretty good in comparison to that.
I was 100 percent kidding . He is a comedy footnote in history . Hanifin might literally be 10 times the player . I’m still not sure that’s an ideal outcome but it’s leagues better ^^

Pablo Sanchez

The Secret Weapon
Oct 17, 2011
Nj
So the company who has the tv rights for the habs is suddenly not a credible source? What is?
Maybe a source a little more transparent about where they’re getting their info from? Surly they wouldn’t run damage control for the team they are personally invested in especially after your fanbase bullied the kid for being drafted.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Maybe a source a little more transparent about where they’re getting their info from? Surly they wouldn’t run damage control for the team they are personally invested in especially after your fanbase bullied the kid for being drafted.
Damage control? Why would they even bother to do damage for a company they have no vested interest in? Doesn’t make sense.

On the contrary, more controversy = more clicks = more money

Pablo Sanchez

The Secret Weapon
Oct 17, 2011
Nj
Damage control? Why would they even bother to do damage for a company they have no vested interest in? Doesn’t make sense.

They don’t have a vested interest? How much do you think they paid for those tv rights? Fans start turning against the team, ratings drop. Read the article again but pretend they’re talking about the Leafs or something and maybe you’ll see how it’s just feeding into your confirmation bias

MoneyManny

Jun 28, 2021
So the company who has the tv rights for the habs is suddenly not a credible source? What is?
I dunno TVA sports is indirectly invested into the team as the Habs are their main source of coverage. I'd prefer sources that have nothing to do with the Canadiens to be honest.

Reactions: Xirik

MoneyManny

Jun 28, 2021

They lose absolutely nothing and they don't even have to commit to anything by talking about other teams without public comments or named sources.

Almost everything you can read about the Habs on TVA sports right now is overwhelmingly positive while the team sucks, finished second last in the conference and is in the middle of a rebuild. Almost as if they want to drive engagement up for their cash cow right???

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Extremely low?

Ignoring the latest 4 drafts because they are too recent

You have
Sanderson
Petterson
Hanifin
Lindholm
B. Schenn
Reilly
Kessel
Price
Wheeler

Thats 9 of the past 16 drafts where you get a very good player at 5 overall. First line/first pairing/starting goalie.

Did you proof read that list before you posted it?

Yep. He is also ignoring that players like Seider, Bouchard, Hughes, Dobson, Sergachev, etc were available and legitimate choices at 5. There are likely other teams that would have drafted them there. With good scouting, your chances of getting a great defenseman are actually excellent at 5.

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
I still remember the day the Leafs signed him, "dafuq's Jeff Finger?"
Yah it’s still kinda unclear to this day whether they signed the guy they intended ( legend has it that Sauer was the actual target ) . Finger was so unproven and that was a decent chunk of change back in that era

Last edited:

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
They lose absolutely nothing and they don't even have to commit to anything by talking about other teams without public comments or named sources.

Almost everything you can read about the Habs on TVA sports right now is overwhelmingly positive while the team sucks, finished second last in the conference and is in the middle of a rebuild. Almost as if they want to drive engagement up for their cash cow right???
« Do you have any credible sources »

Cite said source - Who’s also a ~3 billions market cap communication company:

« But they didn’t name names! Sources doesn’t count »

For guys like you, it never does and never will because it doesn’t fit your narrative you’ve been regurgitating here and you can’t admit you were wrong.

If names were dropped, you would’ve said something like « Lolz X is a joke, he’s not credible etc.. »

Happens all the time with Serravelli, Friedman, LeBrun as well when it doesn’t fit someone’s narrative. Nothing new here

Reactions: jfhabs

MoneyManny

Jun 28, 2021
« Do you have any credible sources »

Cite said source - Who’s also a ~3 billions market cap communication company:

« But they didn’t name names! Sources doesn’t count »

For guys like you, it never does and never will because it doesn’t fit your narrative you’ve been regurgitating here and you can’t admit you were wrong.

If names were dropped, you would’ve said something like « Lolz X is a joke, he’s not credible etc.. »

Happens all the time with Serravelli, Friedman, LeBrun as well when it doesn’t fit someone’s narrative. Nothing new here
What narrative? I'm a Habs fan, i'm rooting for the kid, your takes are just wild.

So whatever someone writes or says under the umbrella of a billion dollar company without any verifiable source at all is the objective truth? Ok.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
What narrative? I'm a Habs fan, i'm rooting for the kid, your takes are just wild.

So whatever someone writes or says under the umbrella of a billion dollar company without any verifiable source at all is the objective truth? Ok.
TVA Sport is garbage they'd do anything for clicks including blatantly lie. I'm also a habs fan but I'm just saying lol.

Tva sports source is * Quelqu'un proche de moi m'a dit* :laugh::laugh:.

Reactions: Xirik and Guess

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016

Couldn’t care less who’s team you are cheering for.

Okay so what or who, in your opinion, would carry enough weight to make it a reliable source? If you had heard it from Briere himself? What else?

MoneyManny

Jun 28, 2021
Couldn’t care less who’s team you are cheering for.

Okay so what or who, in your opinion, would carry enough weight to make it a reliable source? If you had heard it from Briere himself? What else?
Anyone not affiliated with the Habs is a good starting point.

Sources coming from the alleged teams coverage would be believable for me.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad