D David Reinbacher - EHC Kloten, NL (2023, 5th, MTL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
As the other poster showed, 23-38 isn’t breaking anything other than your misplaced faith in Michkov being a game breaker

What's Sochi's record gotta do with anything?

The issue is how bad Kazakhstan is. They are basically Barys Astana without their mass influx of imports, which is exponentially worse than anything Sochi or Michkov ever faced in the KHL.
I just can't imagine a scenario where, in a do or die scenario, Michkov wouldn't be a game breaker against a mid-low level VHL team.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
What's Sochi's record gotta do with anything?

The issue is how bad Kazakhstan is. They are basically Barys Astana without their mass influx of imports, which is exponentially worse than anything Sochi or Michkov ever faced in the KHL.
I just can't imagine a scenario where, in a do or die scenario, Michkov wouldn't be a game breaker against a mid-low level VHL team.
You don’t know that and if Michkov was such high level of player with game breaking abilities he would have carried Sochi in his back to at least a decent record.

23-38 ain’t it. Doesn’t matter if its a KHL-level team or Slokavia.

Reactions: viceroy

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
But how good a d-man do people think he's going to be?

Because we are very soon coming out of our rebuild and he is projected to be part of our core. Michkov is not on our team, I don't care about him aside from watching him play a few times this year or more if he's worth the effort.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
You don’t know that and if Michkov was such high level of player with game breaking abilities he would have carried Sochi in his back to at least a decent record.

Getting benched and subsequently healthy scratched for being -3 (or was it -4, I don't even remember) after one period aint it either.

At this point they're just trolling. I'd be over the moon if Michkov can just stay in Torts' lineup all season long.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002

Not at KHL level, which is arguably the 2nd best league in the world. I don't think even Kucherov could carry a horrible KHL team to respectability

But at VHL level (which Kazakhstan is and who Austria couldn't defeat)? I see no reason Michkov couldnt carry a team at that level.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Here's an idea... If you want to talk about Michkov, why not stick to the flyers board or the prospect threads about him?

There seems to be very little talk about David Reinbacher in this David Reinbacher thread...
Indeed :clap:

Reinbacher, the 19 year old drafted 5OA a year ago who spent D1 playing well but not outstanding in a top 5 euro men's league.

He's a big kid who's transitioning to being a big man... And on-ice this summer he's doing the kinds of things only elite players his age can pull off.

The work ethic, competitiveness, and foundational building blocks are there to really chase his very high ceiling. If he gets there, he's an elite top pairing RD that can do everything at a high level. His floor looks higher today that an year ago, and I would bet NHL regular 5-6 RD is the furthest he'll fall.

For now, he's looking poised for an excellent D2 season, wherever he plays. As long as the floor keeps rising, there's reason for optimism the Habs hit a gem with this pick.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
The difference between Sochi and most KHL teams was way bigger than Michkov. You can't say the same about Austria and Kazakhstan. I'd say Austria was actually the better team, but it lacked true goascorers to overcome Kazakh's goalie.

Reinbacher doesn't have game breaking abilities while Michkov does...

This might be the dumbest most irrelevant post I've read in a long time. And I've read a lot of yours and that Krebsgarbage guys lately.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
His team finished last in their conference in his first year. While he was outstanding in his first year, it wasn’t enough to bring his team to a playoff contender level. Same applies to Bedard.

Game breaking means (at least to me) that player X had such a huge impact that it brought his team from the basement to fighting for a playoff spot the next season
Sure but you listed crosby and the Pens had 5 less wins than washington that year.

I don't disagree with the first 3 guys but it's really 4 with Ovi.

Anyways can we get back to talking about Reinbacher FFS?

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
The whole “game breaker” thing is just stupid, especially in this thread. A game breaker is just a flashy offensive player, someone who has a propensity to make spectacular plays in the offensive zone. It’s a playing style more than anything else.

Reinbacher doesn’t need to be a “game breaker” to be an impactful player. Nobody ever referred to guys like Lidstrom, Chara, Hedman, Pronger, Niedermayer, Duncan Keith, etc as game breakers. That doesn’t mean they weren’t great. And he doesn’t need to ever be as good as these guys to be a great pick either.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
The whole “game breaker” thing is just stupid, especially in this thread. A game breaker is just a flashy offensive player, someone who has a propensity to make spectacular plays in the offensive zone. It’s a playing style more than anything else.

Reinbacher doesn’t need to be a “game breaker” to be an impactful player. Nobody ever referred to guys like Lidstrom, Chara, Hedman, Pronger, Niedermayer, Duncan Keith, etc as game breakers. That doesn’t mean they weren’t great. And he doesn’t need to ever be as good as these guys to be a great pick either.
It’s funny to read habs prospect threads

Half the thread unrealistic expectations set by some hab fans, other half just trying to discuss their prospect.
Half the thread is habs haters, hating on the pick/prospect for no real reason

Then you got the habs fan that posts the clips of said player.

I know everyone’s going to kick habs for going Reinbacher over michkov but like I’ve said in other threads…. Reinbacher plays arguably the hardest position to find in nhl(RHD) he has a mature/responsible game and should have a high floor.

It’s not a sexy pick, but he should end up at minimum a top 4 rhd and part of their core on the back end going forward. Maybe he lacks true #1 upside(still we won’t know until he plays at the nhl), but I don’t think it was ever a bad pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad