D David Reinbacher - EHC Kloten, NL (2023, 5th, MTL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
It’s more than 1 game though . It’s a whole disastrous d plus 1 season . Could he bounce back ? Absolutely, but his year went about as poorly as a highly drafted players could ( barring major injury ) . Maybe Laval is a better environment to grow .
How did you come to this conclusion? How many games did you watch?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I'm not even a Reinbacher fan but some of you are massively overreacting lol. Let's see what he does this year, he's put on some mass and grew, it's not like he's over as a prospect jesus, it's one freaking rookie game. :laugh:

That's where I'm at. Some patience is required here. The tools are there, he needs time and reps to bring out the game that is just below the surface.

Reactions: Miller Time

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
It’s not me who came to this conclusion . You have many from your own fan base clearly lamenting the pick / concerned about the development. Just scroll through the thread .

If you haven't watched the player and clearly don't have a clue...then why are you posting in this thread? Wouldn't it make more sense to post about players you actually watched?

I have a fan base? You must be confusing me with somebody else.

Reactions: viceroy

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I remember a year ago how Slaf was a bust & the worst 1st overall ever. Unless Reinbacher has an absolute terrible year in Laval this year I’ll hold off on his development.
The terrible takes then won't stop the same type of posters to offer up similarly poor takes now.

RB, not unlike Slaf, is showing plenty of signs of great things to come, some just don't really understand what their watching and think the stat sheet is the only way to assess a player... Is what it is.

I agree, and of course Hughes deserves the benefit of the doubt at least in terms of us giving Bustbacher more time to cook, but.....

Don't forget about picks like Mesar, too.

We missed out on a lot of high level talent in place of Bustbacher.

We shall see.

Still hopeful but right now it doesn't look great.
This take, like all the Slaf hot takes a year ago, won't age well.

Book it.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Based on what ? He told Montreal/ San Jose/ Anaheim/ Columbus etc not to draft him ? Link ?

That was what was rumored at the time of the draft - he had made a choice and may have indicated to other teams what that was.

From this article:

But then, in June, Michkov’s agent, Maxim Moliver, reached out to the Flyers organization. As it turned out, Michkov was spending some downtime ahead of the draft in New York City, and he wanted to meet with the Flyers before the draft at the end of that month. The Flyers, of course, were receptive. They were the only team that Michkov offered to meet with before arriving in Nashville (although that may have been partly influenced by Philadelphia’s proximity to Manhattan).

Stuff happens. In the meantime, Reinbacher has work to do but it's still really early in the development cycle.

bmore236

Mar 3, 2004
That was what was rumored at the time of the draft - he had made a choice and may have indicated to other teams what that was.

From this article:

Stuff happens. In the meantime, Reinbacher has work to do but it's still really early in the development cycle.
The only we know of was Arizona, where he didn’t want to play. Wonder if Reinbacher was a sunken cost fallacy as he was overly scouted.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
If you haven't watched the player and clearly don't have a clue...then why are you posting in this thread? Wouldn't it make more sense to post about players you actually watched?

I have a fan base? You must be confusing me with somebody else.
I never said I hadn’t watched him . I said I wasn’t the one who came to the initial conclusion that he’d had a dissapointing season - especially relative to where he was drafted . The internet has a vast array of avenues to watch players all over the world . Not sure you’re aware of this . So saying “ you haven’t watched him” has become such a lazy argument …. Your fan base / Hab fans / whatever . There is wide spread concern over the pick .

From this article:

Seems like a lot of speculation and nothing all that tangible . I’ve read several articles that said he’d play for any team that drafted him ..

Last edited:

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I never said I hadn’t watched him . I said I wasn’t the one who came to the initial conclusion that he’d had a dissapointing season - especially relative to where he was drafted . The internet has a vast array of avenues to watch players all over the world . Not sure you’re aware of this . So saying “ you haven’t watched “ him has become such a lazy argument …. Your fan base / Hab fans / whatever . There is wide spread concern over the pick .

Seems like a lot of speculation and nothing all that tangible . I’ve read several articles that said he’d play for any team that drafted him ..
So again...how many games did you watch? Why do you think his season was disappointing?

If you can't answer that simple question then my recommendation would be to post elsewhere where, maybe, you have more expertise and more to add to the topic.

danisonfire

2313 Saint Catherine
Jul 2, 2009
It’s not me who came to this conclusion . You have many from your own fan base clearly lamenting the pick / concerned about the development. Just scroll through the thread .

The loudest are often the most of ignorant. I wouldn't base my opinions on them. I also wouldn't try to use them as a gotcha. How many people actually sit here and watch hours and hours of his games?

You could find hundreds of the same ignorant posts for Guhle if you go back. He is now 22 years old. Defenders usually start blossoming around age 23. Now he is slowly coming of age and is getting time and attention from team Canada.

Reinbacher is going to be a nice edition to our team in a few seasons in the same way. It routinely takes defenders a few more seasons to hit their stride. This is why it feels "meh" drafting them. Years later, the picks can look great and good defenders can be traded for good forwards, with ease.

He looked decent in the first prospect game (nervous) and great today. He has the tools to succeed if he puts in the work and he seems to have a good attitude and work ethic at this stage of his career. Stay tuned.

Last edited:

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
So again...how many games did you watch? Why do you think his season was disappointing?

If you can't answer that simple question then my recommendation would be to post elsewhere where, maybe, you have more expertise and more to add to the topic.
Luckily it’s not up to you or anyone else where me or others post . Watched several truncated games . I don’t claim to be an expert . Both visually and statically he was a let down . Progress isn’t linear so there remains hope . I understand that he’s a defensive guy 1 st but only 1 goal in 35 NL games isn’t encouraging… or is it ?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: jfhabs

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
I agree, and of course Hughes deserves the benefit of the doubt at least in terms of us giving Bustbacher more time to cook, but.....

Don't forget about picks like Mesar, too.

We missed out on a lot of high level talent in place of Bustbacher.

We shall see.

Still hopeful but right now it doesn't look great.
Playing on an absolutely dreadful team in Europe in his D+1 year does not equal bust. He came to Laval at the end of the season and integrated extremely well. He also looked very comfortable in the 2023 camp.

This take is as good as your attempt at witty take on his last name.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Playing on an absolutely dreadful team in Europe in his D+1 year does not equal bust. He came to Laval at the end of the season and integrated extremely well. He also looked very comfortable in the 2023 camp.

This take is as good as your attempt at witty take on his last name.

I wouldn't say he integrated extremely well in Laval, he certainly had his issues defensively but I thought he was better then I was expecting. It had to be tough going from the big ice to a struggling Laval team for the last couple weeks of a long season.

Reactions: River Meadow

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

From this article:

"For sure the fans would have liked a 'sexy pick', a guy who scores goals," said director of amateur recruiting and director of player personnel, Martin Lapointe, in an interview with TVA Sports at the end of the match.
auction. "We did not disdain his talent, he is very talented, competitive, works well at the
bottom of the ice, he added about Michkov. On the other side of the rink, it's a little worse, but you live with his mistakes. But also, there were so many unknowns, three years of waiting, so we leaned towards David.

Last edited:
Reactions: jj cale and Fatass

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
I wouldn't say he integrated extremely well in Laval, he certainly had his issues defensively but I thought he was better then I was expecting. It had to be tough going from the big ice to a struggling Laval team for the last couple weeks of a long season.
19 years old. New city. New team. Came in and put up just shy of .5 points per game. +6. There's zero wrong with that, and imo completely dispels the narrative that he's a bust because people conveniently ignored how bad his Kloten team was. Throw in a serious does of sour grapes over passing on Michkov, and a society that wants to throw the baby out with the bathwater at the first inclination, and it's just people looking for anything to justify their anger. Rinse repeat.

I don't know if he'll be a "superstar", but I've seen poise from a RHD his age. Five years from now, if he's established himself as a leader on the team and a name in the league, these same people will no doubt be the people rambling about always believing in him.

Reactions: Anardil and jfhabs

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Luckily it’s not up to you or anyone else where me or others post . Watched several truncated games . I don’t claim to be an expert . Both visually and statically he was a let down . Progress isn’t linear so there remains hope . I understand that he’s a defensive guy 1 st but only 1 goal in 35 NL games isn’t encouraging… or is it ?
Which games did you watch? I'm asking because the rest of your post indicates you probably didn't watch him at all.

Reactions: viceroy and jfhabs

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
The terrible takes then won't stop the same type of posters to offer up similarly poor takes now.

RB, not unlike Slaf, is showing plenty of signs of great things to come, some just don't really understand what their watching and think the stat sheet is the only way to assess a player... Is what it is.

This take, like all the Slaf hot takes a year ago, won't age well.

Book it.
I don’t put any weight on the rookie tournament games anyway. I’ll hold off my opinion on Beck, Mailloux and Reinbacher until after the training camp at the very least

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad