OT: Consolidated Entertainment Thread (TV, Movies, Books, Games) V- Use Spoiler Tags!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Definitely a show that needs someones full attention
I've said it to friends who I suggest the show to, it's not a show where you can just have it on while you're on the phone or something. There are so many connections, so much foreshadowing, etc that you need to pay attention. It's literally a perfect show IMO.

Reactions: NjDevsRR

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Have you been away that long you don’t remember the kefuffle over The Lighthouse?
F60D8594-A96A-4DED-AA95-E4B61AB8D8EA.jpeg

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
I saw RRR the other night and holy shit it was epic, just crazy balls to the wall everything. Pretty simple story with some historical tie ins and a bit of Hindu mythology.

Very over the top stylized fights and some amazing real shots of hundreds of extras, not just a cgi shit show in that regard. Some of the animal cgi was a bit wonky though.

Never seen anything like it, very entertaining, would take stuff like this 10 out of 10 times than that Disney Marvel sludge they’re shitting out constantly.

Reactions: RangerDoggo

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
The Lighthouse is... an experience. It's certainly not everyone's cup of tea. It's pretty much a meme movie.

For his part, my brother-in-law constantly shares Lighthouse memes on Facebook.
I saw RRR the other night and holy shit it was epic, just crazy balls to the wall everything. Pretty simple story with some historical tie ins and a bit of Hindu mythology.

Very over the top stylized fights and some amazing real shots of hundreds of extras, not just a cgi shit show in that regard. Some of the animal cgi was a bit wonky though.

Never seen anything like it, very entertaining, would take stuff like this 10 out of 10 times than that Disney Marvel sludge they’re shitting out constantly.
And that ending goes hard. Just 15 straight minutes of foot-on-the-gas action and death. Yeah, the blood is all CGI and not realistic squibs, but they put in so much effort into it that I don't care. I truly can't recommend it enough. It's three hours but none of it was wasted.

Reactions: My3Sons and JK3

Scorcho

Twitter @AmateurAdult11
Apr 16, 2010
Space
Saw Glass animals in brooklyn tuesday night - not a show I would have picked but very well done - and the
mirage is such a great venue

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
Saw Glass animals in brooklyn tuesday night - not a show I would have picked but very well done - and the
mirage is such a great venue
I grew up during the heydays of limelight, tunnel, twilo, and soundfactory and spent more time at them than I'll ever admit to the younger generation.

Cielo had its moments, output had one of if not the best sound system I've ever heard in my life and really lead the revival of proper house and techno in NYC.

Currently house of yes and elsewhere are doing cool, fun stuff.

I'm sure I'm forgetting a few.

But Avant Gardner/Brooklyn Mirage isn't only the best venue I've ever been to in NYC, it's the best venue that I've ever been to in the world. Sorry Berghain.

The only real drawback is how infrequently the entire venue is open to all in attendance as they often have separate shows booked in kings hall and mirage. But that was weekly the case with tunnel and sometimes with output as well.

I'm not saying I'm the authority, but I was a music tourist for quite some time. I'm also 40 now so don't and shouldn't know what's happening in other places anymore since I'm not in the music industry.

Last edited:
Reactions: My3Sons

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
I've been to two Brooklyn music venues. One was Brooklyn Bowl where I saw Gene Ween perform Billy Joel songs. The other one was Baby's Alright, where I saw White Lung. Both were good in terms of venue and performance. I've never been much of a concert goer but they're not something I'll say no to.

I'm back to playing Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity. God, Zelda is annoying to use.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
BCS is over and now I can finally watch it. Kept myself spoiler free for this long. Excited.

Also started The Americans and holy shit this show is super entertaining and I’m only on episode two.

NjDevsRR

Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
BCS is over and now I can finally watch it. Kept myself spoiler free for this long. Excited.

Also started The Americans and holy shit this show is super entertaining and I’m only on episode two.
Honest to God opinion.

I rank final season of Saul better than final season of BB.

Don’t @ me

Reactions: Oneiro

NjDevsRR

Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Generally think this crew has solid opinions on TV so I completely believe you.
WHOA. Just checked Rotten Tomatoes.

The critics even have Saul season 6 at a 99. They have BB season 5 at 97.

Obviously we are comparing greatness to greatness lol but it just shows how brilliant Saul is.

539FC7CF-CEE7-4C17-9384-872C4789B730.jpeg

And yeah. The Americans is great.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut

The Americans is great. Almost perfect plotting, pacing, and acting all the way through.

One questionable decision later on in the series (not a spoiler) was having the non-Russian actors playing Soviet characters try to speak in Russian. Immersion-breaking at best, unintentionally hilarious if you have ever heard Russian spoken by native speakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad