OT: Consolidated Entertainment Thread (TV, Movies, Books, Games) V- Use Spoiler Tags!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Leftovers was one of the most frustrating and annoying tv shows ive ever seen. I could never recommend it to anyone
IMG_3430.gif

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
You and me might be the only ones lol. I really liked it, the premise and idea for the show was really interrsting. The first few seasons were fantasstic but it got bogged down in the later seasons. TBH I don't remember how it ended.
It was a somewhat bittersweet ending. I enjoyed the show but there were some parts of that world they left hanging

Reactions: JK3 and Darkauron

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
To the surprise of absolutely nobody, The Acolyte was canceled.

Plagueis is just going to be stuck in that cave forever now lol
My immediate thought also lol. I was expecting them to just make season 2 less about a certain main character and pivot over to what's up with Plagueis and his apprentice... but oh well. If they can bring Cad Bane into being and snuff him out in the next episode... would we be shocked if that's the last we see of Plagueis?

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Watch them simply pivot to a Plagueis and Palpatine show without the twins
Honestly, I'd be fine with it. The twins storyline just didn't pay off for me, so a Plagueis and Palpatine series would be interesting. Although I do think they need to get away from the prequels/OT era a bit. The Acolyte did a little but they also had connective tissue to the prequels with Plagueis, Ki-Adi-Mundi, and Yoda.

I do wonder how much meddling Disney/Lucasfilm did with this show and how much was the actual creators ideas and writing. I think part of why Andor is so good is it seems they left Gilroy alone to do his thing. And he's also probably just better at it than the showrunners for most of the other SW shows.

They need to figure something out at Lucasfilm. The misses with their shows are starting to outnumber the hits and the hits on streaming were basically keeping the brand relevant because they can't get a freaking movie out to save their lives. That side has just been one long list of lost directors, cancelations, and delays for the last 4+ years.

Eventually people are going to stop giving a shit if you keep giving them mediocre products or cancel every show that isn't an immediate hit.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
We interrupt this Star Wars discussion to bring you an important message.

There is a new alien movie out. Alien Romulus. It’s pretty good. Ties a bit of thr Prometheus side to the original alien side which makes sense in context but tells its own story. Some clunky decisions by some characters as in many horror movies but not too distracting at least. Looks good and it moves along once the story picks up. Not sure if this will lead to anything else but it doesn’t have to. Worth a watch if you like thr franchise and even a decent watch for a casual sci-fi or horror fan.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad