OT: Consolidated Entertainment Thread (TV, Movies, Books, Games) V- Use Spoiler Tags!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I watched Prey last night after seeing many good reviews and comments. I feared it was gonna be a dud. Was wrong - very solid entry into the franchise. I put it at 3rd best. If they had just toned down the makeup to look more weathered/natural like The Revenant did it would have been pretty much perfect imo. Soundtrack was a 9/10 too - completely original and matched the action and time period very well.
I enjoyed it as a casual Predator fan. I think I've seen them all at one point or another over the years. I enjoyed the first one and the first Alien v Predator. The rest were varying degrees of meh to me. Maybe I put this one second ahead of Alien v Predator or third right after that?

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I'd probably put Prey #2 behind the original Predator, although I do have a soft spot for Predators. Adrien Brody was horribly miscast in basically the Arnold role, but its still a decent dumb action movie. Plus its got Walton Goggins and Danny Trejo, who I usually enjoy no matter what they're in.

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Sponsor
I'd probably put Prey #2 behind the original Predator, although I do have a soft spot for Predators. Adrien Brody was horribly miscast in basically the Arnold role, but its still a decent dumb action movie. Plus its got Walton Goggins and Danny Trejo, who I usually enjoy no matter what they're in.
Danny Trejo should play Machete in every single film. What a character.

Reactions: Billdo

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Better Call Saul.
Ahahhaa I knew it, was going to say earlier that Carol Burnett would figure out who he is and bust him.

Last edited:
Reactions: NjDevsRR

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Better Call Saul.
Ahahhaa I knew it, was going to say earlier that Carol Burnette would figure out who he is and bust him.
im just happy Kim's alive in the BB timeline. I hate that there's only one more episode left. This show, IMO, truly is one of the best shows of all time.

Reactions: NjDevsRR and JK3

My3Sons

Sponsor
I’ll change the topic for a moment. I saw someone post briefly about the Sandman show on Netflix. I hadn’t seen it at the time and had a small passing acquaintance with it but as an old man I haven’t read comics or graphic novels in many many years. Long enough I haven’t read the original stories. In any event I’ve watched the first seven episodes and for anyone who enjoys a nuanced and highbrow fantasy story it’s a treat. Well acted looks good and apparently it’s a DC comic for anyone who wants to see the source material. It’s a bit of a slow burn but it’s landscapes and characters are well done and look great. Full disclosure I’m a big fan of Neil Gaiman but American Gods was mediocre so I was pleasantly surprised. It’s much different from Good Omens but at least as well made. Highly recommended in the genre.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Better Call Saul, one of the greatest shows of all time.

GahdDAYUMN , getting no sleep tonight. Lot to unpack in that episode. One more to go. :(

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
I haven’t watched last nights Better Call Saul as of yet but I have to say, I have been very confused for a few episodes since they have been doing all the back and forth with the time frames. Hopefully this past episode explains the reason for that.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I haven’t watched last nights Better Call Saul as of yet but I have to say, I have been very confused for a few episodes since they have been doing all the back and forth with the time frames. Hopefully this past episode explains the reason for that.
It kind of does. It was a fantastic episode.

Better Call Saul, one of the greatest shows of all time.

GahdDAYUMN , getting no sleep tonight. Lot to unpack in that episode. One more to go. :(
Insanely good. I seriously think it's one of the best show ever.

NjDevsRR

Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
501A9950-06BB-4283-A043-2A5CA27AC661.jpeg

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
It doesn't imo and I'm apparently alone here so far, but outside of a few moments the whole thing felt too contrived, obvious, and a bit camp.

what was the point of having Jesse in this episode? [SPOILER/]

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
To tie the timelines together very clearly to where Breaking Bad crosses through (and apparently all but skips over).
Jesse didn't know Kim or Saul in Breaking Bad during that time period. It's a significant enough plot hole. To me at least. And even if you can figure out how to connect it, it's still a pointless scene in the context of this series. We already had our wow moment of bringing Walt and Jesse back in the previous episode. You want Jesse to be relevant? Drag him back from Alaska or have Saul give up and head there. Not that raining in front of taco Sal's nonsense.

In case anyone here is wondering wtf Taco Sal's is, I went to UNM in Albuquerque and it's a sick local New Mexican spot in that shopping plaza. New Mexican food for the record is nothing like Tex-Mex (I've been asked that more times than I care to recall) and pretty distinct from the Mexican most of are used to.

I also refer to Breaking Bad as a documentary, not a drama. That's only partially true unfortunately. That town is f***ed up.

Last edited:

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
Yeah the three BCS timelines aren’t hard to follow at all. Cmon now.
I didn't say it's hard to follow. I verbatim said too contrived, obvious, and camp.

Exclusively talking about the most recent episode.

I still think it's a phenomenal series and one I'll almost certainly rewatch. But that doesn't mean I'm not allowed to be let down every few episodes. Especially when it's the penultimate one.

It takes all kinds.

Last edited:

NjDevsRR

Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
I didn't say it's hard to follow. I verbatim said too contrived, obvious, and camp.

Exclusively talking about the most recent episode.

I still think it's a phenomenal series and one I'll almost certainly rewatch. But that doesn't mean I'm not allowed to be let down every few episodes. Especially when it's the penultimate one.

It takes all kinds.
Oops, wasnt a direct response to you. Sorry

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Oops, wasnt a direct response to you. Sorry
Yeah yeah it was me. I still haven’t watched this last episode and I do love the series but I’ve found it odd with the jumping forward and around so far. I do sometimes watch this show late at night and almost wondered if I fell asleep at some point and missed something :laugh:.

I didn’t thought…. At least… I don’t think.

• Haha

NjDevsRR

Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Yeah yeah it was me. I still haven’t watched this last episode and I do love the series but I’ve found it odd with the jumping forward and around so far. I do sometimes watch this show late at night and almost wondered if I fell asleep at some point and missed something :laugh:.

I didn’t thought…. At least… I don’t think.
Definitely a show that needs someones full attention

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
Anthony Hopkin’s fan email to Bryan Cranston has been making the rounds again. Being called “the greatest acting performance ever” by an actor of that caliber is quite the honor.

My3Sons

Sponsor
Anthony Hopkin’s fan email to Bryan Cranston has been making the rounds again. Being called “the greatest acting performance ever” by an actor of that caliber is quite the honor.

I liked him better as Watley. Now that was acting.

• Haha
Reactions: SempreMilan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad