Value of: Connor McDavid

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which of McDavid or Draisaitl should Edmonton consider trading to balance out the team

• Total voters

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Oilers won't trade McDavid. Period. As to Drai, what team does have pieces Edmonton needs? Say Rangers trade Fox plus Shesterkin. The question is will Rangers trade them for Draisaitl? I personally have my doubts about it.

Stuart Little

Nov 13, 2019
Exactly, and honestly this is why I think it would be hard to find a team to trade FOR McDavid, cause the number of pieces you’d have to give up would make your team worse, even if you “win” the trade on value

Hockey isn’t like other sports where 1 or 2 ppl can carry a team to titles (the exception would be a hot goalie, and even that is usually only get an average team deep, not to titles)
By this logic

the Oilers should trade McDavid

if a team has to
Give up so
Much in getting McDavid that it would make
Them worse - that would mean Edmonton got better no????!

Reactions: Kaleb81

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
As an Oil fan, I’d much rather keep McD and just pray our management could get their shit together and build properly around him, but if I had to pull the trigger on dealing him, I’d be looking for something like this:

To NYR: McDavid

To EDM: Zibanejad, Kakko, Lafrenniere

Not sure whether the Rags do it or not, but for us I think it’s a good deal in terms of getting help now (Zib) plus 2 wingers with very high potential that just haven’t figured it out yet.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
As an Oil fan, I’d much rather keep McD and just pray our management could get their shit together and build properly around him, but if I had to pull the trigger on dealing him, I’d be looking for something like this:

Not sure whether the Rags do it or not, but for us I think it’s a good deal in terms of getting help now (Zib) plus 2 wingers with very high potential that just haven’t figured it out yet.

Edmonton won't trade McDavid. Even for the whole Rangers team. Because even if the team becomes better, I doubt it becomes more profitable.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Edmonton won't trade McDavid. Even for the whole Rangers team. Because even if the team becomes better, I doubt it becomes more profitable.
Exactly, this is just as much about $$$ and winning. Now having said that there is a day coming soo when Connor will want out of oil Town . The Oilers just seem too hesitant to go for it all and win when mcdavid is in his prime

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
They will never trade them, they’d rather miss the playoffs.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton

You have to get Shersterkin out them in that deal, and probably dump Koskinen and whomever else to make it better for the Oilers.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
If the Gretzky trade is any comparison, the return would be the equivalence of Jimmy Carson and Martin Gelinas. The Oilers also included McSorley and Krushelnyski in the deal as fillers, so the current Oiler fillers would be RNH and Nurse.

ps. what happened to Jimmy Carson? He started his NHL career with ridiculous offensive numbers. Then after the trade he stunk bad with the OIlers.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
He is kinda so valuable he may be worthless....Just in the fact no trade will ever be worth to Oil fans and will sink any team making the trade to get him

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
I wouldnt consider trading either of them, they are not the problem with the Oilers. If I was going to trade either the deal would have to be so lopsided it wouldnt make any sense for the other team.

Reactions: topshelf15

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
If the Gretzky trade is any comparison, the return would be the equivalence of Jimmy Carson and Martin Gelinas. The Oilers also included McSorley and Krushelnyski in the deal as fillers, so the current Oiler fillers would be RNH and Nurse.

ps. what happened to Jimmy Carson? He started his NHL career with ridiculous offensive numbers. Then after the trade he stunk bad with the OIlers.

Its not any comparison. That was a sale with a big chunk of cash going to the Oilers. The league does not allow that anymore

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
There really is no need to trade either.

They could have easily built a really solid team around both of them in the summer with the amount of cap space they had.

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
There really is no need to trade either.

They could have easily built a really solid team around both of them in the summer with the amount of cap space they had.

They picked up Hyman who has been a fantastic addition. Keith not so much. He has been ok ,even good at times but not 5 million good. Even if they had not picked up Keith though that 5 million would not have been enough to fix all the Oilers woes. They need some players on Elc's to step up next year and some of the cheaper 3rd and 4th liners to play better. Pretty much like all teams in the cap world. unfortunately the only players that have produced have been the expensive ones. Except maybe the Bison King.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Never going to happen but will throw it out there as it’s pretty good value coming back:

Gibson
Zegras
McTavish
Fowler at 20% retention

for

McDavid
Koskinen

Baberham Lincoln

Nov 5, 2019
Toronto
If you are a buyer, Drai's the better bet on a point per dollar basis, i.e., take the scoring number and divide by cap hit. Because Drai is the better point per dollar deal, a buyer would probably make a better deal for him. McDavid's salary also limits the universe of buyers who would be willing to clear that much cap space without risking themselves going into the same unbalanced situation where the Oilers are now. If the Oilers were willing to eat about $4 million of McDavid's contract for the next three years, they probably could get a really good deal for him. But at $12.5M? No way.

I think you trade McDavid to an owner who’s more interested in selling tickets or merch than winning and fleece them.

Reactions: VivaLasVegas

goal1228

Jun 17, 2009
Most Oilers fans will not agree but I think the team would be a better team with the return McDavid trade would provide . I do not see much of a drop of from Draisaitl .

Something starting around Barzal, Pulock ,Valarmov?

McDavid return would need to included at least 2 of 1D, 1G and 2C . All players would have to be on the younger side . We would even consider McDavid for 30+ year old players unless they are the cherry on top . On top of the above add picks and prospects .

Special mention to TML fans JT and Matthews don't cut it . Matthews would be gone quicker then Pronger and JT is over paid . Plus you don't have that number 1 D we need
Most Oilers fans will not agree but I think the team would be a better team with the return McDavid trade would provide . I do not see much of a drop of from Draisaitl .

McDavid return would need to included at least 2 of 1D, 1G and 2C . All players would have to be on the younger side . We would even consider McDavid for 30+ year old players unless they are the cherry on top . On top of the above add picks and prospects .

Special mention to TML fans JT and Matthews don't cut it . Matthews would be gone quicker then Pronger and JT is over paid . Plus you don't have that number 1 D we need

Dumais

It's All In The Reflexes
Jul 24, 2013
Laine, Johnson, Sillinger, Gavrikov, Jenner and CHI 1st (2022 or 2023)

For

McDavid

EDIT: You guys need a goalie too, send one with McDavid and you can have Elvis too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad