Value of: Connor McDavid

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which of McDavid or Draisaitl should Edmonton consider trading to balance out the team

• Total voters

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
To EDM: Ekholm, Jeannot, Saros

To Nash: Draisatl, Koskinen

Edmonton gets their big time #1 D Man, a 2 Way Power forward in Jeannot with big time offensive upside (27 pts in his FIRST 48 Games)- Think Gabe Landeskog or Maybe the Gen Z Jordan Staal, and a Vezina Finalist in Saros.

With all due respect to the good people of Alberta, Why would anyone waive to go to EDM?
Don't think Nashville is a good fit. The assets needed don't really match the age range Edmonton would likely be looking for and Josi understandably not being involved would defeat the purpose.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
To EDM: Ekholm, Jeannot, Saros

To Nash: Draisatl, Koskinen

Edmonton gets their big time #1 D Man, a 2 Way Power forward in Jeannot with big time offensive upside (27 pts in his FIRST 48 Games)- Think Gabe Landeskog or Maybe the Gen Z Jordan Staal, and a Vezina Finalist in Saros.

I mean I get it value wise, but for Nashville this doesn't really make sense, especially with our centers playing up to their contracts.

We're already 10 points ahead of Edmonton without the two best players in the world, why would we downgrade Saros For a goalie who's got a 3.00+ GAA, based on your previous posts I take it because he's 6'7? :eyeroll:
Downgrading from Saros to Rittich and Ekholm to nobody is enough for us to miss the playoffs. We're one of the best teams in the league rn, we don't need a shakeup.

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
Hey Oilers fans. Would you do this offer from the Kings? Byfield, Turcotte or Vilardi, Bjornfot and two unprotected 1sts for McDavid?

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
Hes not getting traded - he's leaving at the end of his contract and they'll get nothing
It's sad to say but you are probably right. Oiler fans are hoping he wins some cups so he might stay, but most are resigned to watching both of them walk.

Stuart Little

Nov 13, 2019
if they were smart - they should create a bidding war for him - and get a "Kings Ransom" - this time actually get it - and not Jimmy Carson

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Because what they are doing is not working

Stop dreaming. You wont get McDavid, or Draisaitl.
That is what is all about.

What Draisaotl and McDavid is doing is working. They had Edmonton close ro top of the league before.
It is what Tippet amd Holland does that isnt working. And they shouldnt even try anything like trade any of them.

Are you ready to let go of your teams 1C, 1D, 2 x1st, best A prospect, plus best goalie so sure. That is the cost.
And by this I really meant ; There is no trade of any of them. It just isnt. The team that gets the best player wins. And it will not be Edmonton.

The only proposal that would be swrious is something around MacKinnon for Draisaitl, like Makar + MacKinnon for Draisaitl +Barrie.

Last edited:

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Hey Oilers fans. Would you do this offer from the Kings? Byfield, Turcotte or Vilardi, Bjornfot and two unprotected 1sts for McDavid?

No.
One of the best in the game wver in his prime. No reason to trade at all. Valuewise, thats far from it.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Reactions: Sasha Orlov

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
Wont speak for all Oil fans but Byfield is too much of a wild card and Bjornfot isnt at a level to entice me to make that trade. I'm just not enamored with the players involved to say yes but others may not agree with me I'm sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad