Confirmed with Link: Clendening traded for Gustav Forsling

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
Chicagoland (Tinley Park)
This. And my other point is Bowman views the NMC players as core, so he decided they need to be kept at all costs, and they will keep the team competitive no matter the supporting pieces.

Anisimov is core?

C'mon- I am in favor of Bowman's job over the years but the fact remains that all of the NMCs, whether limited or not, has restricted the types of moves he can make.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Anisimov is core?

C'mon- I am in favor of Bowman's job over the years but the fact remains that all of the NMCs, whether limited or not, has restricted the types of moves he can make.

Dude, Anisimov does NOT have a full NMC throughout his term. It's this year and next.

If Bowman thought Anisimov was core, it'd be all five years. Like BK said, you sometimes give NMC years to lower the price and fit someone under the cap.

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/artem-anisimov

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
It was probably a two year NMC because Bowman didn't know which year the expansion draft would take place. It's completely understandable that AA asked for it and Bowman gave it to him.

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
Chicagoland (Tinley Park)
Dude, Anisimov does NOT have a full NMC throughout his term. It's this year and next.

If Bowman thought Anisimov was core, it'd be all five years. Like BK said, you sometimes give NMC years to lower the price and fit someone under the cap.

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/artem-anisimov

DUDE- you don't think I know that? You're just being stubborn and entrenched. Bowman has given too many of these NMCs. They're not a major hurdle but they do limit his moves. I don't know why you are trying to justify them.

Oh yeah- you do know that Kruger has one after this season- right? Is he core too?

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
DUDE- you don't think I know that? You're just being stubborn and entrenched. Bowman has given too many of these NMCs. They're not a major hurdle but they do limit his moves. I don't know why you are trying to justify them.

Oh yeah- you do know that Kruger has one after this season- right? Is he core too?

I'm not being stubborn, I'm not being entrenched, and I'm not "trying to justify" anything. I'm saying I understand the rationale behind Bowman's decisions to give the NMCs.

My comments are as simple as that.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

If you knew it you should realize it is not a bad NMC. Most of the NMCs are fine (if not all).

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Where did I ever say he was immune or even act like that?

Shaw being traded for what he got is a really good trade. Shaw was overrated around here.

TT trade I hated and hated the Bickell deal.

Stan is a top 5 gm and 3 cups are proof.

I don't think so.

As for Shaw being overrated: No, he is not the most talented but please give me one replacement player in our organization with his heart and character and who brings it on a consistent basis. Hartman, McNeill? I don't think so and until we do find a replacement there will be a gaping hole in our bottom 6. Motte has the potential but he has talent - I'd like to see him ply his trade in the top 6 with Blackhawks or develop down in Rockford in that role.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
Who are the 5 gms ahead of Bowman?

I wish I saw more of Forsling, I wonder how he and when he'll fit in with that group. I don't know enough to make an opinion yet.
Clendening really busted out, I don't think there will be anything to lament about the trade. Timing was fortunate too, not sure CHI gets a solid return had Van been healthier. Tough to look back negatively at a trade in a cup year anyway, no matter how he pans out.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I don't think so.

As for Shaw being overrated: No, he is not the most talented but please give me one replacement player in our organization with his heart and character and who brings it on a consistent basis. Hartman, McNeill? I don't think so and until we do find a replacement there will be a gaping hole in our bottom 6. Motte has the potential but he has talent - I'd like to see him ply his trade in the top 6 with Blackhawks or develop down in Rockford in that role.

Shaw scored 34 points last year playing top line minutes. He provides heart and grit but he was overated. He was not consistent and that is another issue.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
5 guys who didn't win 3 cups in 6 years who have had all of their draft picks work out and have all of their players signed to cheap, cap-friendly deals without NMC's

I would LOVE to see that list.

Stan is not perfect but he has done a great job putting a team together that Q can lead to a cup.

At the end of the day 3 cups and 6 years is all the proof you need to decide if he is a good/great GM.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Even if you don't fully credit him for the first cup win, the fact that he has had to tear down half of the roster almost every single year, and still managed to bring us 2 more Cups since the first tear down, should speak enough of his work.

How many GMs can tear a Cup winning team down twice, and win the Cup with a couple to a few years of each tear down? In the cap era? Nobody has done it once, except Bowman.

Pittsburgh has had a similar core to us over the years, but it took them 7 years to win another Cup.

It's not easy.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Good luck with this D core...Bowman got another Swede...
BTW... brilliant idea sending VPokka to minors,yet again.

Pokka is going to be type of player in the NHL
whos: gonna play 24-28 minutes a night,
play both PK and PP,score solid 40-45 points a season,
play 82 regular season games,regularly,a real winner,a leader.

But i guess no one in the organization sees that,sad.
Best for Pokka would be that he'd get traded ASAP.

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014

Forsling has looked noticeably better than Pokka during the preseason. He's just not 'another Swede'.

And best thing for Pokka is that he learns to skate. Otherwise he'll have a hard time being anything more than a bottom pairing defensemen for any of the 30 (soon to be 31) NHL teams.

HaveYouSeenMyTaco

Aug 9, 2016
Oh no, we'll have another Swede defenceman like Hjalmarsson and Oduya!

Blackhawks have seven defensemen who are at the moment better than Pokka. He could crack the lineup of a weaker team but the organization has hopes for him. I don't see him being a top pairing defenseman who scores 40 points a season though.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

While I agree that he has that type of potential, he needs to work on consistency. He was good in the WC and last year but he was only good in 1 of the 3 games he played in the preseason. He played well with Kempny but terrible with Sveberg and Rosi?. He needed to carry the last 2.

He is slow from a top speed standpoint but his footwork, agility, and positioning were not good in his 2 bad games. Since top speed is his issue he needs to be on top of his footwork, agility, and positioning. He was not during the preseason.

I am a fan of his game but he needs to get his **** together.

You have to leave the Suomi pride out.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011

Did Pokka look like a #1Dman to you when you watched him play this preseason? (If you even did watch him)

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs

I like Pokka. He has potential to be a long time NHL #3-4 D-man. But he's not cracking the top 6 this year. Ergo, no spot for him. Better that he gets 23+ minutes per game in Rockford.

As to your post, sour grapes much? Some ridiculous stuff in there. Hard to take a post like that seriously.

Central PA Hawk Fan

Apr 16, 2007
York, PA
As someone who has no prior viewings or preconceived notions of his play, Pokka's skating looked as good as TVR's, which is to say not very good. I'm not sure if its something he can improve (this is going to be his 3rd season in the AHL right?) but its clearly an issue.

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006

Factoid... Swedes are better than Fins.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Factoid... Swedes are better than Fins.

"QUESTION, Which type of Scandinavian is best?"

"Um, there are two schools of thought..."

"False. Swedes"

"Well that's debatable"

"Fact. Swedes eat beets."

"What? No they don..."