Confirmed with Link: Clendening traded for Gustav Forsling

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Clendening traded for Forsling

Pronman
Clendening and Forsling are pretty similar, just different points of waiver status. VAN got a slightly better player but has to play now.

Hawks:
Forsling was named to the World Juniors All Tournament Team along with Canada’s Morrissey, Domi, Reinhart and McDavid.

GGGHawks18

Dec 16, 2011
Apparently he was one of the best defensemen in last years WJC for Sweeden.

Had 8 points in 5 games.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Nor sure if you're being sarcastic because who the hell is Forsling. But if you're being serious, can you elaborate?

He's fantastic. Jumped off the screen watching the WJC. Made all tournament team. Just a fantastic prospect.

Pronman just tweeted that he'd be a top 50 prospect in the NHL if he redid his rankings. To me this is a heist by Bowman.

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
He's fantastic. Jumped off the screen watching the WJC. Made all tournament team. Just a fantastic prospect.

Pronman just tweeted that he'd be a top 50 prospect in the NHL if he redid his rankings. To me this is a heist by Bowman.

We got him for Clendening? Proof that Bowman knows what he's doing.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Clendening's game has been going slightly south this season hopefully the change of scenery will give him a boost. He's been ready for a callup for a year and has just stagnated. Good luck with him Van he is a great PPQB from the moment he walks through the doors.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014

You misread. Pronman said that he'd be a top 50 prospect from last year's draft if he re-did those rankings, not a top 50 overall.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
You misread. Pronman said that he'd be a top 50 prospect from last year's draft if he re-did those rankings, not a top 50 overall.

oops! still good. I'm happy with the deal. Also signals to me that they are happy with Johns/Dahlbeck/Pokka.

Also nice that he's a lefty since we have so few.

Longwayfromhome

Sweden/London, UK.
Oct 18, 2013
Clendening had no future here with bot TVR and Rundblad being RH D. Forsling has a great shot, and is very good on the power play. Was probably swedens best offensive defenseman in the WJC. Must work on strength and so on….

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Huh... wasn't expecting that....

But hey, was increasingly becoming obvious that Clendening likely wasn't in our future roster plans, so I'm willing to let a new guy take a crack at it.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Forsling was a standout at the WJC, lots of potential here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad