Confirmed with Link: Clendening traded for Gustav Forsling

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I have no problems with this

Clendening defensive game will never be what you want of NHL defender and Hawks have better right handed defensive prospects in Johns + Pokka (And Paliotta will sign with Hawks as well soon)

Forsling sounds solid and adds another longer term D prospect to system

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
How many of our other prospects have we traded that have actually gone on to be serviceable at other organisations?

Pirri?
Olsen?
Morin?

What? Morin's been decent, Pirri's been healthy scratched quite a bit, and Olsen just got waived today.

I'd hardly call letting those three go a bad track record against Hawks management.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Jimmy Hayes has been good this year now... and Stanton has been at least a decent looking bottom D pairing guy that probably could of held that role this year if he didn't get snagged by a dumb demotion thinking he would slip in favor of keeping Kosta on the roster. Nobody has really stepped above what the cynical view of them would be considered to be except for the bits of Hayes scoring on a bad team so far.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
And having some time to sit on this and ponder, seems like a better move than I imagined.

We're trading a slightly older righty defenseman who probably wouldn't have cracked our roster next year anyway (Pokka, TVR, and Johns all say hi as rightys ahead of him) for a slightly younger lefty defenseman who's rights we'll be able to retain for a longer period and with a handedness that we're organizationally weaker at.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Reading around HF it is eminently clear that we are completely sheltered and spoiled. Clendening is 4 or 5 on the RHD prospect depth chart and he may draw into a top 4 spot this weekend on a playoff team.

Nestled in front of another former Hawk D who we waived for free.

It's the golden age folks, cherish it.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Jimmy Hayes has been good this year now... and Stanton has been at least a decent looking bottom D pairing guy that probably could of held that role this year if he didn't get snagged by a dumb demotion thinking he would slip in favor of keeping Kosta on the roster. Nobody has really stepped above what the cynical view of them would be considered to be except for the bits of Hayes scoring on a bad team so far.

Hyes had a nice start, but kind of fizzled out. Only about 0.5 ppg and completely one dimensional.

Nothingman*

Clendening stagnated partly because he knew he was not going anywhere with the logjam. Hawks need to move him as he is as ready as can be. Vancouver probably is a good landing spot for him. Er are just so deep in that position. Time to let that peacock fly.......

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Practically an age swap. Clendening is ready now, but can't crack the Hawks lineup. Forsling is only 18 so he can be stashed in the minors for a bit. I like that he's a lefty too. Stanton and Clenny know each other a bit too for the Canucks.

vancity787

Jul 3, 2010
Langley
Reading around HF it is eminently clear that we are completely sheltered and spoiled. Clendening is 4 or 5 on the RHD prospect depth chart and he may draw into a top 4 spot this weekend on a playoff team.

Nestled in front of another former Hawk D who we waived for free.

It's the golden age folks, cherish it.

Yes, well said. You guys have a very good depth chart. We needed a right hander immedietly and you guys get a smaller guy with tons of potential. I think considering the circumstances. (Losing Bieksa for 8 weeks) this is a deal that works for us NOW and will work for you down the line.

Cheers!

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Hawks have a plethora of defensive prospects stashed away in Sweden to develop before making jump to North America as well now

Carl Dahlstrom (2nd round , 2013)
Robin Norell (4th round , 2013)
Robin Press (7th round , 2013)
Andreas Soderberg (5th round , 2014)
Gustav Forsling (5th round , 2014)

A couple of those guys probably make jump in next 2-4 years at which time Hawks current crop of D prospects either sink or swim at NHL level in coming cap crunch years

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
Fair trade is suppose. Clendening defensively was suspect and needed a team where he could get a chance. Hawks RD prospect pool is fairly stacked. TVR (although the Hawks play him at LD), Pokka, Johns. LD is very weak with journeyman Brennan and Dahlstrom as the top contenders.

Also makes room for potential signing of Paliotta. Thought I read or heard he said he was aware of the Hawks d prospect depth. Hope he doesnt do a Hayes.

EmeticDonut

Oct 7, 2006
Clendening was probably not going to get a shot on the big club, so trade him away for a prospect that is a few years away. He might be something, or he might not. The prospects traded away have been so so on their new teams, so no big losses.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Good trade. Happy that AC is gonna be an everyday NHL player and, outside of some vestigial hatred for Van, I really hope he flourishes. Forsling clearly has talent (and he's a lefty). He'll have years to develop and we take a step towards clearing our logjam. I'm sure Paliotta noticed.

giza

Jul 19, 2011
This is a Morin-type deal. Clendening has done everything he can at the AHL level. He has achieved down there and now he's unmotivated and anywhere on the depth chart organizationally. His stats took a step back this year and quite frankly he needed a change of scenery to have a better chance to play in the NHL. Vancouver can now keep Kassian and try Clendening out. Hawks return is probably a similar version of Clendening but younger and farther from the NHL. They basically traded for time. Good deal for Clendening, good deal for both teams.

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
Seems great to me.

Clendening needed an NHL spot soon and he wasn't going to get one here. Forsling is still a year or two away. Vancouver needed a player like Clenny, we needed a player like Forsling.

Seems like a win for everyone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad