Confirmed with Link: Clendening traded for Gustav Forsling

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
Rozsival will not be waived or have his contract terminated. That's absurd.

It's not absurd at all.

He's the 8th best defensemen currently on a team that will likely have bonus overages to deal with next year. Just because we have some cap space this year doesn't mean we're in the clear.

From a pure business standpoint, it makes sense. And if that is the case, I could see him retire instead of playing on a new NHL team or worse, an AHL team.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
honest question... is Forsling good enough to have earned a spot forsure or are people just dealing with the fact he has to stay on the big squad cause he will head back to Sweden if not.

Like if he was committed to stay in NA no matter what, would you guys expect him to be in AHL majority of year or actually a full time NHLer?

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
honest question... is Forsling good enough to have earned a spot forsure or are people just dealing with the fact he has to stay on the big squad cause he will head back to Sweden if not.

Like if he was committed to stay in NA no matter what, would you guys expect him to be in AHL majority of year or actually a full time NHLer?

From what I've seen of him from prospect camp - now, he appears to be an NHL player right now. If we weren't so deep on the back end Forsling making this team wouldn't even be a question. I was expecting him to be sent back to Sweden regardless when we signed Campbell but his play so far really has the coaching staff thinking about carrying another defenseman.

He would make a very large portion of NHL teams right now imo.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015

Q has spoke glowingly of him which is rare for a young prospect. He has been good every game he has played and does not look overwhelmed. It is hard to say if he will make it but it does sound like we will have 8 D (mostly because rosy is a stump taking a roster space for no reason). If that is the case he will make it.

thesaadfather

Jan 30, 2014
Ohio

He has played well enough to be a full time NHLer. At this point it's all a matter of the other D on the roster. The D is stacked so there's likely no significant drop off if he's not on the roster, and TVR and Kempny would be lost to waivers/Europe if the Hawks sent them down. So the safe choice is to send him back to Sweden, but he has in all probability forced them to keep him.

Were he staying in NA, I think he would likely stay in the AHL for a month or so, during which time Bowman would try to work a trade to open up a spot for him. However, he's probably at the point where playing in the AHL is going to be sort of a waste. He's probably better than most of the players he'd be playing against.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
if Hawks keep 8 dmen and Forsling is one of them, do people expect him to get any PP time at all? or will he be pretty much 3rd pairing dman/some healthy scratches with very limited special teams?

JustABlackhawksFan

Jun 2, 2015
I really think Forsling needs to be kept on the roster.

Hawks should be going for it every year, and if he can help the team NOW, then keep him here. He is pretty damn good.

It's pretty sweet that the Hawks' defense went from absolutely terrible to now having the "problem" of having too many decent defensemen.

Maybe it's not the worst thing in the world to just roll with 8 and not run their top defensemen into the ground like they have in the past.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Clendenjng looks like he is going to make the rangers this year too.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
They've got a bunch of quality young forwards?

No game breaking talent , A farm system that has been gutted in recent years , Several Seabrook level bad contracts and a goalie nearing the end

Rangers cup window is slowly closing especially with rise of Florida teams in East as well as other organizaitons with much brighter future

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
No game breaking talent , A farm system that has been gutted in recent years , Several Seabrook level bad contracts and a goalie nearing the end

Rangers cup window is slowly closing especially with rise of Florida teams in East as well as other organizaitons with much brighter future

Pavel Buchnevich is about as game breaking as they come.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
From my observations so far, Forsling is a cerebral dman with real good anticipation and hockey sense. Because of that he has been one step ahead and able to avoid any heavy contact from forechecking ops most of the time. But that's pre-season hockey. Once the reality of the RS begins, I think the biggest question mark will be how he handles the physicality of the NHL. If he passes that test, I think Hawks have found themselves a real gem who is easily top 4 material, and probably top 2 eventually.

I can foresee Forsling quarterbacking the PP for (many) years to come.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad