Confirmed with Link: Clendening traded for Gustav Forsling

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I love the praise for Stan when he makes a good trade and the silence and white Knighting that goes on in here when he makes a plethora of bad moves lol

I've seen him criticized plenty on here for the Sharp trade. I think people just talk about how they understand why he did a trade like that, not the same as white knighting

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I love the praise for Stan when he makes a good trade and the silence and white Knighting that goes on in here when he makes a plethora of bad moves lol

This post could not he further from the truth. Honestly this is a blatant lie. This board is critical of Stan but you either skip those posts or ignore the because the don't fit your narrative that is not reality. Try reading.

halcyon

Jun 23, 2015
I have no problems with this

Clendening defensive game will never be what you want of NHL defender and Hawks have better right handed defensive prospects in Johns + Pokka (And Paliotta will sign with Hawks as well soon)

Forsling sounds solid and adds another longer term D prospect to system

... So this was your opinion right after the trade happened, but now somehow this has become another Stanley blunder?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
There is nothing unreasonable or outlandish about saying that Clendening should actually play an NHL game and prove to be NHL talent before being compared to a 2-carat diamond or that he is some surefire NHL top 4 defender at this point

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
No I am downplaying Forsling because he has not even played a game in NA let alone NHL

yet here you are calling him a 2-carat diamond and hyping the hell out of him

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
No I am downplaying Forsling because he has not even played a game in NA let alone NHL

This is a lie and it is obvious.

Forsling had great potential as a offensive PMD (top 2 ceiling) and that is what makes him a 2-carat diamond. Try to keep up.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side

Guys played a couple in North America now.

Are you not impressed with his play to date? He's earned some hype from his play in camp. Do you disagree? The EK comparisons are pretty crazy but the kid has clear upside. What's your estimation of him as a prospect?

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Projected him enough to trade him for a legit top 4 prospect yes. Or how he projected Shaw,Saad, TT, Panarin, Johns, should I keep going or should I continue to show you how little you know?

Let's not act like Stan is immune from criticism. BWC is right in that Hawks have too many prospects who were overvalued and that number gets higher every season. That's on our GM ... and I won't even get into the inflated contracts and excessive NMC's given out by Stan. Contracts that Hawks have been paying for since and continue to do so. Shaw and to a certain extent TT being the latest victims.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Let's not act like Stan is immune from criticism. BWC is right in that Hawks have too many prospects who were overvalued and that number gets higher every season. That's on our GM ... and I won't even get into the inflated contracts and excessive NMC's given out by Stan. Contracts that Hawks have been paying for since and continue to do so. Shaw and to a certain extent TT being the latest victims.

If you think a guy is part of your core, what is wrong with giving him a NMC?

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

Where did I ever say he was immune or even act like that?

Shaw being traded for what he got is a really good trade. Shaw was overrated around here.

TT trade I hated and hated the Bickell deal.

Stan is a top 5 gm and 3 cups are proof.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Guys played a couple in North America now.

Are you not impressed with his play to date? He's earned some hype from his play in camp. Do you disagree? The EK comparisons are pretty crazy but the kid has clear upside. What's your estimation of him as a prospect?

I don't consider preseason games against what you yourself termed

He's looked good against a string of C+/B teams.

To be comparable to real thing

As for Forsling ,, I love him thus far. He looks composed with puck and for most part seems to know what to do defensively with only occasional moments of confusion (Which for a kid is good thing to see)

I see him as a potential 2nd pairing offensive dman with good defensive instincts who still needs to work on his skating to an extent

I would compare him to Alex Martinez overall. Martinez took a few years to really find his game and at young age Forsling looks more impressive

But I think what we have seen from Martinez these past few years in which he has become a very good top 4 defender for Kings with solid offensive/defensive game is what I could see Forsling developing into in a couple years

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Because it ties your hand with future plans. Do you really support a NMC for Anisimov and Seabrook? It would be nice to able to be able to easily trade them.

If it is the Seabrook of prior years and not last year yes I do. AA is not a full term NMC. NMC are a good way of getting a player to take less cash. The Hawks are in win now mode.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Rundblad was playing on SEL team at 18 and regarded as one of the world's top defenders under 20

Remember when Rundblad was a sure thing ,, Coveted gem of a prospect in NHL?

All I am saying is lets cool our spurs until the kid actually gets his chance and runs with it (I personally would love to see it this year but with Kempny signing and Pokka in Rockford + TVR on roster there is just too many defenders currently in organization battling for those 5/6 spots)

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
If it is the Seabrook of prior years and not last year yes I do. AA is not a full term NMC. NMC are a good way of getting a player to take less cash. The Hawks are in win now mode.

This. And my other point is Bowman views the NMC players as core, so he decided they need to be kept at all costs, and they will keep the team competitive no matter the supporting pieces.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Okay. So when rundblad was 18, he played 6 games and all he did was take a 2 minute penalty in those games. When he was 19, he had 10 assists and no goals in 45 games. When he was 20, he had 13 points and 1 goal. Forsling scored more points in his 19 year old SHL season than Rundblad scored in his 18, 19, and 20 year old seasons combined please man, just stop. Rundblad never won Swedish junior player of the year. Which was won by kronwall, forsberg, backstrom, D. Sedin, Hedman, list goes on. Runblad never was on the WJC all star team, which Forsling was.

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
Rundblad was considered a strong prospect at one point in time. A potential top 2 dman.

It didn't work out. But just because his stock dropped doesn't mean we have to assume the worst of all our future defensive prospects.

Let's all be happy that we have a guy like Forsling that has such high potential and has been on the upswing for a few years now. We can be disappointed if he doesn't turn out to be that elite type of player if/when that time comes.

And Bowman gets plenty of criticism on this board. It's a lie to say otherwise.

Last edited:

fredligh

Jan 3, 2011
Iceland
Rundblad was playing on SEL team at 18 and regarded as one of the world's top defenders under 20

Remember when Rundblad was a sure thing ,, Coveted gem of a prospect in NHL?

All I am saying is lets cool our spurs until the kid actually gets his chance and runs with it (I personally would love to see it this year but with Kempny signing and Pokka in Rockford + TVR on roster there is just too many defenders currently in organization battling for those 5/6 spots)

Rundblad is an extreme exception,he was always a boom or bust.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I'm excited about Forsling and hope he does well. We need all the help the cheap help we can get.

However, the relative letdown of Teravainen has soured me a little bit on getting excited for prospects so I won't be too pumped about this kid until I see him play some NHL games

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
Chicagoland (Tinley Park)

But you are splitting hairs right now and I am not talking about Seabrook's last contract. Wouldn't you like to be able to trade Anisimov if needed to keep Panarin? He's not a core player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad