Player Discussion Claude Giroux

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Hot take but if we somehow manage to reach the playoffs I'd take Giroux now over a prime Spezza. True leader and clutch vs a fairweather one dimensional player..

Really weird to go out of your way to disrespect the soldier Spezza was for us.

You can just say something like "Hot take but if we somehow manage to reach the playoffs I'd take Giroux now over any centre the sens have ever had. He is a true leader and clutch"

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Imagine if he had been on the first pp all season. He clearly belongs there.
That was a super pass to DeBrincat for sure.

It's hard to play the imagine game though. 5 games in, Norris done. That leaves us with a 1C and a 2C that have roughly 60 games between them at C in the NHL

We're f***ed before it really gets started. I thought we were pretty strong at C. But before we can even see that strength shine through it's taken away.

Reactions: aragorn

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
That was a super pass to DeBrincat for sure.

It's hard to play the imagine game though. 5 games in, Norris done. That leaves us with a 1C and a 2C that have roughly 60 games between them at C in the NHL

We're f***ed before it really gets started. I thought we were pretty strong at C. But before we can even see that strength shine through it's taken away.
I'm honestly pretty surprised we havent tried Giroux at center yet, that probably would have been my first move when Norris went down, though I don't mind that we tried Pinto there.

Reactions: aragorn

SweSensFan

Feb 15, 2019
Really weird to go out of your way to disrespect the soldier Spezza was for us.

You can just say something like "Hot take but if we somehow manage to reach the playoffs I'd take Giroux now over any centre the sens have ever had. He is a true leader and clutch"
You may have a point. I guess what really got me to dislike him was when he was captain the 13-14 season. He was supposed to be the leader and hardly ever even tried to back-check and turned over so many pucks with blind passes leading to turnovers. I mean what kind of a captain is that? Maybe he really didn't want to play for Ottawa anymore because of some off ice reasons or whatever...

SweSensFan

Feb 15, 2019
I want to see Giroux as the #1 c for now with stű out. Also Giroux seems like the obvious replacement for stü on pp1. I almost think he should be there even with a healthy Stü...

I do suspect DJ may play Pinto + Brass as #1 and #2 c.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I want to see Giroux as the #1 c for now with stű out. Also Giroux seems like the obvious replacement for stü on pp1. I almost think he should be there even with a healthy Stü...

I do suspect DJ may play Pinto + Brass as #1 and #2 c.
He clearly should have been on the first pp all year. Batherson turns too many pucks Over he should have been the one replaced not stu. But alas doesn't matter now with the injuries they'll both be on it. Giroux might be leading this team in scoring if he was first pp all season.

I'd like to see them try this line.

Tkachuk Giroux Debrincat

Rand0m

Oct 2, 2011
I feel like Giroux has to be one of the best UFA the Sens have signed no?

We didn't end up signing a good player who's just "OK" now, he's still putting up the numbers, he seems like a really good leader, works hard and is the perfect on ice example to set for the younger players on this team. He reminds me a bit of how Alfie was attitude wise.

He's a great value for his contract.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Spezza had 76 points in 97 playoff games. I think there's a misconception that Spezza was a quitter when the going got tough. It's not his fault we never had the goaltending to get us over the top. The guy was amazing for us and a lot of fans booed him for it.
I like Spezza. He was great on our team and was an important part of the Pizza line with Heatley and Alfredsson. My only criticism of him was his defensive play where he was a bit lazy coming back.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Spezza had 76 points in 97 playoff games. I think there's a misconception that Spezza was a quitter when the going got tough. It's not his fault we never had the goaltending to get us over the top. The guy was amazing for us and a lot of fans booed him for it.
Same. This is Ottawa though, there simply MUST be a scapegoat at all times. Luckily for Chabot, Batherson, etc. there's Zaitsev for the masses to focus their wrath on, but that won't last forever...

Reactions: BoardsofCanada

Oscar The Grouch

Oct 16, 2021

Yes but he also was soft defensively and this team was craving a responsible #1C that could set the tone for the rest of the team. Particularly later in his tenure.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Yes but he also was soft defensively and this team was craving a responsible #1C that could set the tone for the rest of the team. Particularly later in his tenure.
To be fair, when he was putting in work and improving his defensive game, he was asked to cover the goat in Crosby. I remember the playoffs where they swept us in 2008 or 9. I remember Spezza hounding Crosby but Sid was on a whole other level.

Reactions: SweSensFan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad