Player Discussion Claude Giroux

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Florida's second highest playoff scorer last year.

Probably both an indication of how poor Florida did and how well Giroux did individually. Hopefully this year he gets a chance to keep that trend alive.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Norris is becoming relied upon in all zones for the coach as is Giroux, nice to see Ott has really improved in the face off circle, it means longer possession numbers & a better chance to get the puck out of our end.
Yes Norris is now the main defensive C it would seem which is crazy when you consider what he can bring offensively but is absolutely the right way to have him progress his game for us to be considered true contenders.

Happy Stu is showing what he can do as well, I knew it was just a matter of time. Can't have hands like that and eventually improve in the dot.

Saves me from having to list all the recent top C that started (or even continued) with terrible FO%.

Reactions: aragorn

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010
Giroux last on our team after leading the league in faceoff% last season.
Small sample size but the overall numbers are actually amazing considering the opposition. Boston and Toronto were both in the top 3 last year and they were 50/50 with Boston (Bergeron under 50), and 50.9 against TO who were at home and could pick their matchups.

Norris and Pinto have been so good they can limit Stützle to easier matchups and still have good face off guys in Giroux, Tkachuk, and Kastelic.

Senovision

May 23, 2011
Giroux has been a beauty. Has exceeded all expectations so far. He is the second leading goal scorer and point getter with 7 goals and 8 assists. He brings the intangibles. He plays with intensity, he does everything with intensity. He is the veteran leadership we needed. He also has a local connection. Yesterday was a big emotional day for him in Philadelphia he showed up big time and played with an edge and a chip on his shoulder.

Sens With Benefits

Feb 4, 2010
Canada
Giroux has been a beauty. Has exceeded all expectations so far. He is the second leading goal scorer and point getter with 7 goals and 8 assists. He brings the intangibles. He plays with intensity, he does everything with intensity. He is the veteran leadership we needed. He also has a local connection. Yesterday was a big emotional day for him in Philadelphia he showed up big time and played with an edge and a chip on his shoulder.
Agreed 100%

I also love that he's always talking shit and chirping at other players. Does little things behind the refs back as well lmao. Absolute beauty.

Reactions: Senovision

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Flyers fan here

I miss him so much. Some Flyers fans are complete dopes and somehow thought he was part of our problem as an organization. As you all can see, he's clearly very good still.
He’s been way better then pretty much anyone here was expecting. We knew he was a good player, but given his age and the miles on him, I don’t think we were expecting a first line player which he’s been.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
He’s been way better then pretty much anyone here was expecting. We knew he was a good player, but given his age and the miles on him, I don’t think we were expecting a first line player which he’s been.

Which goes to show what being in Philly's poor performing team has done to his reputation. He's still a great player after all this time.

Really a shame we didn't do better for him. He's a stud...and to think, he wanted to return to the Flyers but Chuck Fletcher refused to guarantee he'd bring him back.

Instead, we used that money to pay Tony DeAngelo.

F***

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
Giroux finishing out his career here feels a lot like Alfie going to the Wings.
Eh.... Giroux is way younger and still has alot of give.

I'm thinking it's a bit more like when Marleau went to the Leafs. Then hopefully transitioning into Spezza with the Leafs, instead of having to try to dump the 3rd year of his contract like the Leafs had to do with Marleau.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

I'm thinking it's a bit more like when Marleau went to the Leafs. Then hopefully transitioning into Spezza with the Leafs, instead of having to try to dump the 3rd year of his contract like the Leafs had to do with Marleau.

I think he's referring to their totemic player leaving and contributing strongly for his next team.

Alfredsson led the Red Wings in scoring.

Reactions: swiftwin

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I think he's referring to their totemic player leaving and contributing strongly for his next team.

Alfredsson led the Red Wings in scoring.
We’ll have G for at least 3 years to make that transition complete. They only rented Alfie before we got him back :)

SweSensFan

Feb 15, 2019

Hot take but if we somehow manage to reach the playoffs I'd take Giroux now over a prime Spezza. True leader and clutch vs a fairweather one dimensional player..

Reactions: ReginKarlssonLehner

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad