Player Discussion Claude Giroux

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
Giroux mentoring Stutzle and ripping it up together with Debrincat is one of the things I am most looking forward to this season.

Alfredsson, Spezza, Karlsson 2011 vibes.

Reactions: shipwreck

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Giroux played a lot with Hartnell and Simmonds back in the day, I could see him developing chemistry with Tkachuk. A lot of people are anticipating that he will play with Stützle and DeBrincat, and maybe that will be the case, but I could see him developing chemistry with some other players.

We could end up rolling a Tkachuk-Norris-Giroux line and a DeBrincat-Stuetzle-Batherson line. I could also see Giroux develop some chemistry with a guy like Sokolov. A lot of our prospects are powerforward types that Giroux has typically matched well with so aside from Sokolov, guys like Grieg, Boucher, Ostapchuk and possibly even Lodin might be able to develop some chemistry with him. There could be a lot of different line combinations he ends up involved with over the course of his contract.

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
Giroux played a lot with Hartnell and Simmonds back in the day, I could see him developing chemistry with Tkachuk. A lot of people are anticipating that he will play with Stützle and DeBrincat, and maybe that will be the case, but I could see him developing chemistry with some other players.

We could end up rolling a Tkachuk-Norris-Giroux line and a DeBrincat-Stuetzle-Batherson line. I could also see Giroux develop some chemistry with a guy like Sokolov. A lot of our prospects are powerforward types that Giroux has typically matched well with so aside from Sokolov, guys like Grieg, Boucher, Ostapchuk and possibly even Lodin might be able to develop some chemistry with him. There could be a lot of different line combinations he ends up involved with over the course of his contract.

I could see the team trying Giroux with other players after the first year of his deal. I think Stü will need him to share faceoffs the first year. After practicing with someone as good on the dot as Giroux for a year, I could see him reaching a point where moving Giroux around becomes an option for us. Not sure if he sees regular ice time even further down the lineup to play with the prospects you've mentioned. Maybe I see it if someone really steps up to take a top six spot in year 3 and Giroux's play deteriorates a little.

He will bring a lot to whoever he ends up playing with, so getting young players some time with him, even if it's just in practice or training camp, will be big for them.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
I could see the team trying Giroux with other players after the first year of his deal. I think Stü will need him to share faceoffs the first year. After practicing with someone as good on the dot as Giroux for a year, I could see him reaching a point where moving Giroux around becomes an option for us. Not sure if he sees regular ice time even further down the lineup to play with the prospects you've mentioned. Maybe I see it if someone really steps up to take a top six spot in year 3 and Giroux's play deteriorates a little.

He will bring a lot to whoever he ends up playing with, so getting young players some time with him, even if it's just in practice or training camp, will be big for them.
The Sens will likely look to try Giroux with Stützle but it is really a matter of whether they develop chemistry. As Giroux said in the Wally and Methot show, that you can put two skilled players together and sometimes the chemistry isn't there. Or the line clicks and works for a while but then goes through a stretch where things aren't working and they need to mix up the lines.

The Sens will play Giroux with whoever he ends up having solid chemistry with. The assumption at this point is that the DeBrincat- Stützle- Giroux line will work and that is why people are pencilling it in. It might work perfectly or t might not click to start the season. If that is the case then they will try something different.

Going into this season the top three lines are likely Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson, DeBrincat- Stützle - Giroux, Formenton - Pinto - Joseph. But they could end up juggling those up and creating a bunch of different combinations. Then prospects like Sokolov, Greig and Lodin could perform well and throw themselves into that mix as well.

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
The Sens will likely look to try Giroux with Stützle but it is really a matter of whether they develop chemistry. As Giroux said in the Wally and Methot show, that you can put two skilled players together and sometimes the chemistry isn't there. Or the line clicks and works for a while but then goes through a stretch where things aren't working and they need to mix up the lines.

The Sens will play Giroux with whoever he ends up having solid chemistry with. The assumption at this point is that the DeBrincat- Stützle- Giroux line will work and that is why people are pencilling it in. It might work perfectly or t might not click to start the season. If that is the case then they will try something different.

Going into this season the top three lines are likely Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson, DeBrincat- Stützle - Giroux, Formenton - Pinto - Joseph. But they could end up juggling those up and creating a bunch of different combinations. Then prospects like Sokolov, Greig and Lodin could perform well and throw themselves into that mix as well.

I just think, even if they are an "average" fit, it will be beneficial enough to Stützle to keep them together. I am very confident they will be productive, even if it looks like they could be getting more done if they were clicking a little better. It would suck to have the Stützle line consistently start without the puck. Playing Giroux there helps make sure our most talented forward has the puck on his stick more consistently. Again, when Stützle's faceoffs improve, I think the team will be very comfortable to give other combinations a try for a couple of games when that happens.

Stü's penciled in with two players brand new to the team. I highly doubt they will live up to the talent on the line right away - they have to learn the system and they've never played together. I also doubt they'll be played away from each other (other than short, in game line changes that don't last) for quite a while so they can have the opportunity to build chemistry.

I don't think we have a better RW on the team for Stü right now. I actually think it's more likely DeBrincat and Tkachuk swap places. Batherson was our best passer last season. Putting him on a line with two snipers that shoot opposite ways might open up a lot of lanes, not to mention that fact that he can snipe them himself.

Then again, camp hasn't even started yet so who really knows what will happen, lol. Could both be wrong!

Loach

Jun 9, 2021

So Giroux is the new Alfie. If somebody needs help, a line needs a boost, a lesson needs to be taught...Giroux.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
NHL coaches balance lines out more then fans do who often stack a Top 6. it wouldn’t surprise me to see Giroux with Pinto at times too.

Reactions: aragorn

GoSenatorsGo

Nov 9, 2007
NHL coaches balance lines out more then fans do who often stack a Top 6. it wouldn’t surprise me to see Giroux with Pinto at times too.
I could see Joesph slot up to the top line and Batherson to the second if the team needs a spark, with Giroux and Pinto together.

That’s the great thing though, our top 9 is going to be very good.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Yup. Mike Hoffman comes to mind. Best pure goal scorer at the time producing on the 3rd line with the likes of Pyatt and Pageau.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Agreed, I could see them throwing all top nine guys names in a hat every game & just pulling out who will play with who that night & it might still work. :laugh:

Reactions: Sweatred

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Agreed, I could see them throwing all top nine guys names in a hat every game & just pulling out who will play with who that night & it might still work. :laugh:
Boucher, is that you?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Very many people really wanted the Sens to land Giroux.

After landing an even bigger fish and ticket in DeBrincat did the Sens blow their load for an additional top 4 D when Giroux said sign me up?

Reactions: Senovision

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018

After landing an even bigger fish and ticket in DeBrincat did the Sens blow their load for an additional top 4 D when Giroux said sign me up?
Maybe?

I assumed landing a top 4 d was always contingent on moving a d-man or two out. Either because of salary or space on the roster

Boud

Dec 27, 2011

They have the money if they can unload Zaitsev. See how things work out with Zub in the off-season.

Although not a great move if you lose Zub by getting another Dman.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I feel like I’m in a dream. Like this just doesn’t feel right, I hate being pessimistic but things are going just too damn good.

The perfect mentor for our upcoming star in Stutzle, an elite face-off man (especially in PP), and a respected veteran leader who none of the young egos will oppose. Did I mention he is still a capable top line guy?

Dream signing.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
I feel like I’m in a dream. Like this just doesn’t feel right, I hate being pessimistic but things are going just too damn good.
After things being So Damn Bad for So Damn Long, it's nice to be able to sit back and finally, finally, not have to worry about when the other shoe is going to drop. Full steam ahead, and G's going to be a huge part of that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad