Player Discussion Claude Giroux

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Ottawa got lucky that Giroux wanted to sign here mostly because of his wife who wanted to move back to Ottawa to be closer to her family now that they have their own family. And he has been great for them since he arrived, he makes every line he is on better.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Ottawa got lucky that Giroux wanted to sign here mostly because of his wife who wanted to move back to Ottawa to be closer to her family now that they have their own family. And he has been great for them since he arrived, he makes every line he is on better.

I think Giroux genuinely wants to be here for himself too. He is playing hockey at home. Probably very comfortable right now.

Reactions: Norris4Norris

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Best playmaker/vision on the team. He's been dynamite. I wasn't sure how much he had left in the tank but he's been the best UFA signing we've ever made.

I know his line has been humming but (especially with Stü injured now) I'd play him with the Cat. He's the closest thing we've got to P. Kane in terms of setting up teammates. He also seems to show instant chemistry with DBC.

Tkachuk - Brassard - Batherson
Debrincat - Pinto - Giroux

is what I'd try for the next game.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Batherson and Cat are just starting to find chemistry, no need to split them up that line with Pinto doesn’t need to change. G and Brady can take on a winger or centre. Maybe Jesus gets top line duty! Lol

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Even if he's played wing for a while now, Giroux needs to be playing centre for a few weeks. He's the best centre we have with all the injuries and he can stay with Brady on the top line. He's already taking faceoffs, might as well take the positional responsibilities too

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Giroux played C basically 75% of last year for the Flyers... so not like he is out of practice. And tbh looked like he had not missed a beat despite not having played there for more than ~5 games in a row for years.

So yeh, surprised they dont move him there. Tbh over last few years he has played LW, C and RW and been great in each.
Ah my old friend Appleyard. Years back I posted an innocent thread on the main boards comparing Zibanejad and Couturier. I think at the time I was hypothesizing that Zbad's offence outweighed Couturier's stronger defence. You absolutely ripped me a new one, using all kinds of fancy stats to demonstrate why Couturier was the better player.

IIRC you were/are the flyers board advanced stat genius. I was never much for advanced stats which is kinda odd considering data analysis is part of what I do for a living. At the time, you were a data hero and although I didn't agree with your view on why Couturier was the superior player, I realized there was no upside in challenging your view. You had an army behind you.

Anyway, I hope you are well. I hope you've come to enjoy the game on a level beyond what advanced stats might tell you. I presume by now you realize at this point that Zibanejad>>>>Couturier

Hopefully things aren't too dismal on the Flyers board. You guys are having a rough year.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Ah my old friend Appleyard. Years back I posted an innocent thread on the main boards comparing Zibanejad and Couturier. I think at the time I was hypothesizing that Zbad's offence outweighed Couturier's stronger defence. You absolutely ripped me a new one, using all kinds of fancy stats to demonstrate why Couturier was the better player.

IIRC you were/are the flyers board advanced stat genius. I was never much for advanced stats which is kinda odd considering data analysis is part of what I do for a living. At the time, you were a data hero and although I didn't agree with your view on why Couturier was the superior player, I realized there was no upside in challenging your view. You had an army behind you.

Anyway, I hope you are well. I hope you've come to enjoy the game on a level beyond what advanced stats might tell you. I presume by now you realize at this point that Zibanejad>>>>Couturier

Hopefully things aren't too dismal on the Flyers board. You guys are having a rough year.

It is always fun on the Flyers board win or lose aha. Most people know it is just a silly game that should be fun even if your GM and front office are incompetant!

I mean... from ~2013-14 to 2018-19 Couturier, by most measures, grades out as the better overall player.

Since? Zibby has been better.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
It is always fun on the Flyers board win or lose aha. Most people know it is just a silly game that should be fun even if your GM and front office are incompetant!

I mean... from ~2013-14 to 2018-19 Couturier, by most measures, grades out as the better overall player.

Since? Zibby has been better.
We're pretty happy to have Giroux. He's been a great addition

Reactions: Appleyard

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
His intensity on the ice is contagious - his smiles and winks are legendary. The way he uses his body is phenomenal, he dives for pucks like no one I’ve ever seen.

His versatility is easily his best asset. There is not one position or scenario you don’t want him on the ice.

Holy moly did we ever get lucky by signing G.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Adding G and DBC this off-season is proving even more epic than it looked initially.

Add in Talbot and Motte, and it’s the best off season we have had by far as a franchise.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
It feels good to have signed a veteran who actually helps and makes the younger players around him better. Instead of the standard Sens who sign a shit veteran who takes ice time from a young player already better than him.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Still a bit surreal he's on our team.

He made 2 absolutely remarkable plays that won us the game. Our best playmaker. Pure Alfie vibes.

PP was the most lethal with him on the first unit, every possession had 2-3 legit threats. Might need to revisit that at some point if first unit falters (been pretty good).

Nonethelss, Giroux is just unbelievable. Better than advertised. Even better.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012

1st star of the week with 4g and 3a.

Absolute beast and I hope we turn it around next year and give him a legitimate chance at the cup.
Greig had a lot to do with that.

Kid came in and that line clicked. High skill and high compete in each player. Greig could be our 3C next season and knock Pinto down or over to wing.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton

Kid came in and that line clicked. High skill and high compete in each player. Greig could be our 3C next season and knock Pinto down or over to wing.
Its amazing that we finally have centre depth

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015

Or… one of them could be involved in acquiring a legit top 4 D Man.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014

1st star of the week with 4g and 3a.

Absolute beast and I hope we turn it around next year and give him a legitimate chance at the cup.
He will have to extend with us after his present contract for that
I don't think we are winning the cup in the next 2 years

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad