Speculation: Claude Giroux and the Colorado Avalanche

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Overrateprospects

Dec 23, 2021
I'm confused about the obvious reasons.....ohh wait... you are the only person in the world that is still hanging onto something that G did 8 years while being drunk. Your pettiness really brings the your credibility to have a conversation about Claude Giroux down.
It’s not pettiness. The man sexually assaulted an officer. He is a career Flyers and doesn’t upgrade the LW or Centre position so overpaying him as a Centre not to use him as one is dumb.

Rangers have had a long outstanding relationship with NYPD and won’t jeopardize it bringing in a guy who thinks sexually assaulting people is a joke

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Avs have 3 defensive prospects looking solid - Barron, Helleson & Behrens - any one of them and our next 1st round pick should be on the table for Giroux at 50%

If they feel they can re-sign him, sure. Losing that 2023 first handcuffs them moving forward, and Giroux would almost certainly allow either Burakovsky or Kadri to walk.

Eltuna

Nov 12, 2017
Giroux would be my preferred add to the Avs, he just checks too many boxes. Pass first option on the second line to go along with two shooters in Kadri and Bura, great at faceoffs as Kadri is notorious for getting booted, can shift to center in case of injury/suspension, and may re-sign for cheaper than others as he really wants to win and has already made a lot of money. He also fits the Avs up tempo style more than a Hertl or Pavelski.

For the return I could see him getting a little bit more than Iginla got when he went to Pittsburgh. For prospects I could see Philly liking Ranta as one of the smaller pieces, Barron, Ranta, and a pick could make sense.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
Wow! you can read peoples minds. Impressive!
This is a discussion board. I didn't realize I had to put a disclaimer on my posts to let people know that my comments are just my opinion so for the people with no common sense, no I didn't discuss this with Claude Giroux before posting so I apologize.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
If they feel they can re-sign him, sure. Losing that 2023 first handcuffs them moving forward, and Giroux would almost certainly allow either Burakovsky or Kadri to walk.

Avs fans should probably prepare themselves for both walking regardless.

Reactions: Avs44

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco

Wait we weren’t expecting Kadri to walk regardless? Bura I could see going either way, but I’m quite honestly hoping Colorado doesn’t end up being the team that gives Kadri his crazy payday.

Lemonlimey

Apr 1, 2014
Crestone
It’s not pettiness. The man sexually assaulted an officer. He is a career Flyers and doesn’t upgrade the LW or Centre position so overpaying him as a Centre not to use him as one is dumb.

Rangers have had a long outstanding relationship with NYPD and won’t jeopardize it bringing in a guy who thinks sexually assaulting people is a joke

i interpreted this as NY wouldn’t want him to protect their police?

crazy8888

Sep 8, 2010
Brooklyn NY
This is a discussion board. I didn't realize I had to put a disclaimer on my posts to let people know that my comments are just my opinion so for the people with no common sense, no I didn't discuss this with Claude Giroux before posting so I apologize.
I would respond but then again you probably already know what im thinking ;)

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Giroux in Colorado would be awesome but Colorado doesn't have their 1st or 2nd round picks this year that has to make it tougher.

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
I would respond but then again you probably already know what im thinking ;)

simpsons-monkey.gif

Reactions: Peter Peckerwood

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018

I can't tell if this is serious. Has to be a troll job, right?

Reactions: Rich Nixon

Accelleratii

Jul 25, 2010
Pennsylvania

This can't be real. Giroux just grabbed a dudes butt. After all, he is a professional hockey player who played junior and they come from a weird fraternity.

Nevertheless, Giroux would be amazing in the Ranger top 6.

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
If you and I are calling the shots then, I would tell you to sell elsewhere. I want a new Bronco. Nearly bought one but walked away because it was too expensive. If Giroux doesn't care where he plays, sell him for a good price. If you tells the Flyers where he wants to play, it won't work like that

For some reason, most other fans think G will handcuff the Flyers and tell them there is only 1 teams he would play for. I....and most Flyers fans don't think that'll be the case. He'll probably give a list (not a large list....maybe 5 teams) of teams he would play for.

Reactions: GagneHanson12

Eltuna

Nov 12, 2017
For some reason, most other fans think G will handcuff the Flyers and tell them there is only 1 teams he would play for. I....and most Flyers fans don't think that'll be the case. He'll probably give a list (not a large list....maybe 5 teams) of teams he would play for.
Iginla was also 34 when traded and actually negated a trade to a contender in Boston, forcing his way to Pittsburgh. Basically exactly the same situation that some are saying will happen with Giroux. Even with this he still returned a 1st+.

Giroux will get a good return, those who think he will not return a 1st or equivalent prospect are unlikely to be correct. It will likely be a late 1st or equivalent prospect however, I don’t think he pulls in a true blue chipper with his situation.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019

I mean Giroux is better than half of your top 6. Easy upgrade over Strome, Laf, or.......Hunt?

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
Iginla was also 34 when traded and actually negated a trade to a contender in Boston, forcing his way to Pittsburgh. Basically exactly the same situation that some are saying will happen with Giroux. Even with this he still returned a 1st+.

Giroux will get a good return, those who think he will not return a 1st or equivalent prospect are unlikely to be correct. It will likely be a late 1st or equivalent prospect however, I don’t think he pulls in a true blue chipper with his situation.

Completely agree. That's why from the Avs I've been discussing it as a 1st and one of Olausson, Helleson, or Barron. Probably Barron or Helleson tbh. Some Avs fans lean toward one, some lean toward the other. We should find out....I'd guess before the trade deadline.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
I think 1st + Barron/Helleson + Compher for Giroux (50%) is reasonable. Gotta give to get especially when there’s retention and a semi-cap dump in there.

Reactions: Dooble08

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Seems as good a year as any for Avs to go all in. Burakovsky, Kadri, nichuschkin, Kuemper all about to be UFA. Mackinnon UFA year after that.

There's UFAs every year for every team. Avs have decent amount of cap space you forgot to mention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad