Speculation: Claude Giroux and the Colorado Avalanche

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Most Avs fans have said they'd be willing to move Barron and the 1st. Byram and Newhook should 100% be off the table, name me one rental trade that has returned a prospect on either of their levels.
Filip Forsberg was traded for Erat.

But that's the exception not the norm.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Yes, but there are always several players that are available at the deadline. It only makes for antagonizing interactions if you assume the other team has to give you a discount. It's similar to these boards during the Duchene negotiations where there was a lot of talk about how Sakic had to make a move, do it fast, and that it would be for cheap since Duchene was making so much stink about wanting out.
But Sakic didn’t need to make a move at a date certain time. Philly does by the deadline in March. Or get nothing for him in a season that’s already a wash out for the franchise.

And i apologize for the bad typo conflating Giroux with Girard. Yikes.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
Giroux isn't going to any legitimate contender without retention (or weird cap circumvention), so the retention is the cost of giving Giroux a chance at the Cup. The 2nd + Compher's minimal value covers the difference between Barron and Giroux.

The Rangers have the cap space to make it work.

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
He said legitimate contender...

The only reason the Rangers aren't held within the same standard as the Avs is because the West is a lot weaker than the East. Giroux to the Rangers makes them a better team than the Avs without Giroux.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
1st and a great young player is the real world ask, so if your offers aren't in line then quit wasting your time.

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
But Sakic didn’t need to make a move at a date certain time. Philly does by the deadline in March. Or get nothing for him in a season that’s already a wash out for the franchise.

And i apologize for the bad typo conflating Giroux with Girard. Yikes.

I’ve seen comments of this nature a bunch of times on this thread now. There is absolutely nothing to suggest that Giroux would only accept a trade to Colorado, other than pure speculation. In which case, there’s absolutely nothing to suggest that just because Sakic can stand pat/and or completely low ball Philly for G, that G will simply ride out the rest of the season and Philly will let him go to free agency.

There are after all a few other contending teams out there, in case you guys have completely forgotten that.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I’ve seen comments of this nature a bunch of times on this thread now. There is absolutely nothing to suggest that Giroux would only accept a trade to Colorado, other than pure speculation. In which case, there’s absolutely nothing to suggest that just because Sakic can stand pat/and or completely low ball Philly for G, that G will simply ride out the rest of the season and Philly will let him go to free agency.

There are after all a few other contending teams out there, in case you guys have completely forgotten that.
And he may say. I’ll only go to the Panthers. Then the Panthers will see what they have to offer. If they are even interested

Giroux holds the cards. Not Phillys GM. And if Giroux wants to be traded to Colorado or Tampa or Vegas and Phillys GM plays hardball and it doesn’t happen. Good luck resigning him. Sounds like a poisoned well to me.

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
And he may say. I’ll only go to the Panthers. Then the Panthers will see what they have to offer. If they are even interested

Giroux holds the cards. Not Phillys GM. And if Giroux wants to be traded to Colorado or Tampa or Vegas and Phillys GM plays hardball and it doesn’t happen. Good luck resigning him. Sounds like a poisoned well to me.

What is more likely, that Giroux has a single team he’d accept a trade to, or that there are in fact several others he will openly consider, if in fact he wants out? Occam’s razor, look it up.

A poisoned well, what? The guy has played his entire career here and has a young family and child in Philly. He has yet to even ask for a trade despite the Flyers being horrid or mediocre the past decade of play, all while his window to win a cup is closing (despite his still great production). Literally everything we’ve heard to this day is pure speculation. Do you even think before you type?

Reactions: flyerslducks

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
I doubt it. Besides, Giroux is one of several players that will be available.
Like someone else said, there always are. But name one that is as versatile as giroux…someone capable of playing center in the top 6, wing, pk, top5 faceoff, great on the pp, ppg potential

Reactions: Rebels57

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
What is more likely, that Giroux has a single team he’d accept a trade to, or that there are in fact several others he will openly consider, if in fact he wants out? Occam’s razor, look it up.

A poisoned well, what? The guy has played his entire career here and has a young family and child in Philly. He has yet to even ask for a trade despite the Flyers being horrid or mediocre the past decade of play, all while his window to win a cup is closing (despite his still great production). Literally everything we’ve heard to this day is pure speculation. Do you even think before you type?

Yeah these guys are living in La La land. GM and ownership on the hot seat but they're basically going to give G away for pennies; makes sense.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Like someone else said, there always are. But name one that is as versatile as giroux…someone capable of playing center in the top 6, wing, pk, top5 faceoff, great on the pp, ppg potential
There are lots and lots of options. He’s just one of the better ones.

Pavelski, Rakell, Giordano, Copp, JT Miller, Manson, Chariot, Lehkonen and so on. Sakic could go in any number of ways.

Reactions: Richard88

Overrateprospects

Dec 23, 2021
The Rangers have the cap space to make it work.
He won’t go to Rangers because I doubt he wants to play for them and doubt Rangers have interest in a guy who thinks grabbing a cop’s butt is just humorous.

I see a team out West trading for him

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
I mean, there are reasons for Colorado to go all in this year and getting a player like
Giroux makes their top nine impeccable.

There are reasons to not go all in this year too. Like the fact the core is still really young and the team is poised to be a legitimate contender for the next decade if we don't do anything horribly stupid. If the Flyers demand for Giroux doesn't work for the Avs' long term plans, then we should just walk away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad