Confirmed with Link: Changes Incoming

Status
Not open for further replies.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Why are the lightning going to lose guys who ? They got 18 million in cap space for palat, drouin and Johnson?

Yeah, with all the players obviously loving it in TBL they'll likely continue to get great deals. Yzerman is a ****ing wizard.

Winger23

May 3, 2007
So Mayor called this. Which also means there's probably a good chance we try to bring Voynov back...

Well if we are completely honest it wasn't like this came out of left field...there is no way voynov comes back. They may try, but it won't happen

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
If it really is an old boys club, I could see a Dan Bylsma hire, assuming he gets fired. Wouldn't be the worst idea. Had success in Pittsburgh. Problem there is that he's very much into system play and wore out his team in Buffalo. Sabres were called "unwatchable".

No. NO. Bylsma is a ****ing terrible coach. I live in Buffalo and watch most Sabres games, Buffalo is definitely Disco Dan's last NHL coaching gig. He's that bad.

onlyalad

The bounce
Jan 13, 2008
Fear the Fin loves these moves. Of course he admits that he loves them as a Sharks fan

Scottkmlps

Aug 25, 2003
Ladysmith, BC
Visit site
Not surprised to see both gone as I felt they were a package deal.
I'll wait to jump off the cliff with Blake & Luc in control. But, if they fire or lose Futa, I'll be ****ed.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Wouldn't mind giving Lindy a shot, if any coach could help our scoring it's him. Would love to see what he can do with an actual defense and goaltender.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
No move could possibly be worse than bringing back Richards or the Lucic trade. Unless Blake trades Doughty for nothing.

But Bylsma would be a disaster, but I seriously doubt he becomes our coach.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
There is literally no way that Blake or anyone who knows the difference between a blueline and a clothesline could do any worse than Dean has done these last three years.

Dean won the cups, and no one can take that away from him, but this franchise is in horrific shape right now. Lots of older high priced players, the cupboard is completely bare.

True that Dean has been horrible the last three years, but Rob Blake?

Rob ****ing Blake?

saintsnsoldiers

GO KINGS GO
Jun 13, 2007
Arizona, Tucson
The Rob Blake fans can say "get over it" or whatever they want to say, but this team just put a guy who tore the "C" off his sweater in a contract dispute into the role of GM.

Those of you looking for guys to take "hometown discounts" can forget about it right this second. Mr. NHLPA and got to set the bar for defensemen isn't going to be able to make that **** happen.

He might turn out good. **** him though. As a long time fan, this feels like a return to the 90s and not because both of these guys played back then.

It only seems to me that Luc cares about the business side of things. Winning and making money go hand-in-hand, but I'm still completely wary of him. The comments from the LA Business Journal at the start of the season still don't sit well with me.

Home town discounts don't think we had any of those.

Piston

Fire Luc and Blake
Jun 14, 2006
Santa Monica/Salt Lake
For my first post in eons, I am just going to say I don't like this. The move has all the hallmarks of a corporate power play. Luc strikes me as a man who has gotten by on looks and charisma rather than smarts. He probably has been plotting this move behind the scenes for quite some time, whispering in Beckerman's ear while desiring total control. Bringing Blake along means that there is no threat whatsoever to Luc's power. This is not how successful organizations are built- you want some tension, disagreements so that all opinions are heard. That seems to have ended.

At the same time, how can you treat Sutter and DL so badly? They won two Stanley Cups for this godforsaken organization for Pete's sake. Yes, Sutter needed to go, but he should have been given the opportunity to retire gracefully. He earned that right. At the same time, DL certainly made some significant errors, but HE WON TWO CUPS. How many GMs can say that? What has Blake ever done to take his job? This is a lack of class and really proves my point, Luc won a behind the scenes power struggle and stuck a shiv in his enemy's backs when they were most vulnerable. This stinks, and I've forever lost respect for Luc.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigKing
Jun 30, 2006
No move could possibly be worse than bringing back Richards or the Lucic trade. Unless Blake trades Doughty for nothing.

But Bylsma would be a disaster, but I seriously doubt he becomes our coach.

You've had an axe to grind with DL since he took over for Dave Taylor and then jettisoning Cammalleri.

We get it.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Ignila and Lecavalier trades for basically nothing.

Picking up guys in their retirement years (well maybe not for Iggy) that their teams were basically giving away.

And the Lecavalier trade may not even go down as a winner, Weal looked pretty good this year for Philly.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
I have major concerns about the promotions, but it was Sutter's and Lombardi's time

DL and DS being removed has been handwriting on the wall for awhile, not a surprise. NOt surprised DL didn't stay, he is GM, that is what he loves to do and maybe a fancy title and office didn't suit him. He's got a lot of friends in the business and he won't be out of work long if that is what he wants.

Don't like the hires though, should have gone outside the or-gan-I-za-tion. Should have paid attention to Colorado, look how that worked for them.
Hopefully Blake is smart enough to lean on Futa, him I Trust.

Hopefully he's already called Gallant...that would be a good step.

Peter James Bond II

"Man, we were right there" - De-Luc-sional
Mar 5, 2015
Unreal...with ones in the organization like Futa, Ferreira, and O'Connell..ALL
with head GM experience somewhere...this is crazy. I am not sure about Blake
as GM. The only good thing I can think of, he's learned under DL and he knows
the Reign (Monarchs) and youth.

I would have preferred Futa....almost scared to know who they will hire as coach!

Strange item to note for me, personally. I have been a fan since 1972 and have had about 8 King jerseys...but for whatever reason(s), I only had 2 signed. (not that I didn't want the others signed, I guess I never stayed after a game / practice to have them sign, etc) are.....my Blakes and Lucs jerseys. Weird. My more prized possession is a signed game stick of Lucs.

Go Kings!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad