Confirmed with Link: Changes Incoming

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingClipper

#FireLuc #FireBlake
Jul 30, 2014
Holy crap! I'm shocked, but I can't say getting rid of Lombardi and Sutter is the wrong move. I will always have mad respect for them because of the Cups they won us, but Dean has been a complete disaster for years now and Sutter seems to have run his course.

With that said, I do not trust Rob "The Quitter" Blake at all. Not even going to give him a third chance, I hope he's fired ASAP.

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
Luc has gone from being basically a PR guy to one of the most powerful executives in the league. This already seems sketchy

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com

I'm guessing that means Luc.

Un-****ing-believable.

If I wasn't there for 2012-14, I wouldn't believe it happened.

This past season and today's news is really what it is like to be a Kings fan.

Luc really nailed that 50th anniversary season. I feel like I've experienced every emotion the Kings provided during those 50 years except for the thrill of winning, something Luc and Rob didn't provide a ton of when they played here either.

I will love to be wrong on this, but this is just not a 100% hockey move. Total reversion to the AEG/Lieweekly days.

Also, this confirms Blake is Luc's puppet GM. "Total control". Gross.

Reactions: The Butcher

The Pale King

Go easy on those Mango Giapanes brother...
Sep 24, 2011
Zeballos
I hope when Vancouver gets rid of Linden, they hire Mark Messier. That'd be the only way to top the Blake assignment/promotion. Pure trash.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Please.

Weal wasn't going to help the kings, just like the Flyers went nowhere too. He's an AHLer until he can be with the big club for a full year.

and haven't for the last 6 years, they have no identity and a poor leadership group. lead by Giroux, Simmonds, Schenn, Voracek who've done nothing except improve their golf games in april. Hextall has done some good things, but over the next 2 years, he's gotta make major changes in that group. For the last 6 yrs, same inconsistency, lack of leadership, losing key games because they don' t step up, just shuffle the same hockey cliché excuses in every post game show. And it would help if he didn't make the mistake of hiring Haks...who is going nowhere, sad to say.

Weal wasn't going to help the Kings because of Sutter and his system. He's got the tools, just needed the shifts. Since he was called up, he's played well, scored goals, contributed almost every game. Hopefully Hexy will sign him and he'll return to that 2nd line wing next year and continue his success.

kingskring

Dec 3, 2012
I don't get the ******** on Blake.... What he did as a player and what he does as an exec should be viewed as two separate things...... Lets not **** on him before he has a chance to prove himself

BigKing

Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Im guessing FUTA is staying on... otherwise we would have heard something

Doubt it, unless it is through the draft and then they are gone.

They aren't firing those guys most likely, but they can definitely quit.

No need to relieve Futa of his duties and lump it into the big announcement.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Un-****ing-believable.

If I wasn't there for 2012-14, I wouldn't believe it happened.

This past season and today's news is really what it is like to be a Kings fan.

Luc really nailed that 50th anniversary season. I feel like I've experienced every emotion the Kings provided during those 50 years except for the thrill of winning, something Luc and Rob didn't provide a ton of when they played here either.

I will love to be wrong on this, but this is just not a 100% hockey move. Total reversion to the AEG/Lieweekly days.

Also, this confirms Blake is Luc's puppet GM. "Total control". Gross.

So many Kings fans don't remember, or never experienced, life under Lieweekly AEG. This is indeed a return to ****ing form, isn't it?

I want to throw up.

BigKing

Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
I don't get the ******** on Blake.... What he did as a player and what he does as an exec should be viewed as two separate things...... Lets not **** on him before he has a chance to prove himself

They used a ton of goodwill to put his ****ing jersey in the rafters since they were coming off the win in '14 and the bandwagon wasn't around when Blake was Blakeing all over us.

They have zero goodwill now.

I hope Blake is the best GM this team is ever had. Until he does so, I will **** all over him.

He is not the most qualified person for the job but he is the best choice if you want to poke most long time fans in the eye.

Reactions: The Butcher

eleventy

Conditioner before shampoo
Jul 4, 2007
Anyone got a educated guess on if we will get smaller and more skilled like almost everyone here wants ? Or still be big but more skilled ?

Depends on what kind of identity they want the team to have going forward. It was one of things we lost since 2014 - a definitive identity.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Dean probably hitched his wagon to Sutter with that extension last year. Even if their relationship wasn't as strong as before at present, the two are tied together. If people in the organization didn't want Sutter back after last season, Dean probably signed his own death sentence by giving him he extension.

Reeks of palace intrigue here. I'd have to look up the initial Robitaille hiring, but it seems like an AEG move more than a Lombardi move, although Lombardi did want to build a culture and feels alumni are a big part of it. Then Luc gets his buddy Blake in there. Can totally see players unhappy with Sutter talking to Luc and Blake. Things are set in motion etc.

Robitaille had a lot of power this entire time and now he has what he has, in my opinion, ultimately wanted for awhile now. This guy now oversees the entire operation!

In the end, no surprise if Lombardi wouldn't fire Sutter. Lombardi knows he made a mess here the last few years as well so a good time to leave: especially if Luc were to become his boss. So, show that famous Lombardi loyalty and go down with your guy.

All speculation but, even with the past three seasons, dumping Lombardi for these two greenhorns doesn't seem like a smart decision.

I think you hit the nail on the head. Luc has been working behind the scenes for a couple of years to be the next man in charge.

It's a shame, because Luc isn't exactly Phi Beta Kappa, and it's going to show rather quickly.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
I expected Sutter to get canned but am a bit surprised at Lombardi. But I remember when he signed Sutter to an extension it ended at the time as his own contract and he made a comment that he felt a GM and coach should have contracts of the same length so that's what happened. It will be interesting to see what happens next.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Ray Ferraro‏Verified account @rayferrarotsn · 1h1 hour ago

Everything has a place-it's time to change in LA. Blake is sharp, terrific leader..will be methodical, even keeled. Luc is face of franchise

Well there you have it, Ray Ferraro puts his stamp of approval. How is it (Pierre Le Brun said Blake will be 'great') the Canadian Media know Blake's resume that well...

eleventy

Conditioner before shampoo
Jul 4, 2007
Ray Ferraro‏Verified account @rayferrarotsn · 1h1 hour ago

Everything has a place-it's time to change in LA. Blake is sharp, terrific leader..will be methodical, even keeled. Luc is face of franchise

Well there you have it, Ray Ferraro puts his stamp of approval. How is it (Pierre Le Brun said Blake will be 'great') the Canadian Media know Blake's resume that well...

Technically, Ferraro could be considered one of the old boys too :sarcasm:

KingClipper

#FireLuc #FireBlake
Jul 30, 2014
As a Clippers fan who has had to suffer through the Mike Dunleavy and Doc Rivers eras, I must say, I have lost a lot of respect for Luc for making me and all Kings fans suffer through the NHL equivalent now. :shakehead

BigKing

Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Anyone got a educated guess on if we will get smaller and more skilled like almost everyone here wants ? Or still be big but more skilled ?

Start by saying "bye bye" to your boy Clifford. He is an all-time Lombardi and Sutter guy. A "culture changer".

Well, there changing the culture again.

It's really tough to know what they will do since it is a mess with the contracts. They can't just waive a wand and go smaller.

I assume you see a lot of Kempe/Brodz/LaDue next season and probably some Mersch. Would not surprise me if they went with a lot of youth while also shedding some lower line salary like Clifford.

Question is will Luc want to put his stamp on this roster ASAP. AEG is spouting off about how the core should be competing for a Cup so it will be interesting to see how much they dislike the roster v. just disliking Sutter.

If it is classic AEG, look for them to push for some sort of "blockbuster" that gets buzz going but might not be the best hockey move. Got to get the buzz going so they can get back to selling those seats.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
I think you hit the nail on the head. Luc has been working behind the scenes for a couple of years to be the next man in charge.

It's a shame, because Luc isn't exactly Phi Beta Kappa, and it's going to show rather quickly.

Yes it will and wouldn't AEG know that? They know Luc, wouldn't they know his shortcomings? or is Luc smart enough to surround himself with smart people so he looks better. Not good to give one person that much power...

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Rich Hammond‏Verified account @Rich_Hammond · 10m10 minutes ago

Five years ago tomorrow, 4/11/12, was Game 1 of the Kings-Canucks first-round series. Five years. What a story arc.

Full circle...in 5 years.

That was a great game....

PumperNicholl‏ @PumperNicholl · 2h2 hours ago

From 9th Round Pick in 1984 to Ruler of the LA Kings Empire: The Luc Robitaille Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad