Casey Cizikas: "If they want to be like that, they can stay home".

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Well is Cizikas not free to make those comments? Fans have a right to not like the comments and critique him for them

Like it or not, PR is part of the job. Not the most important part, but still is
Oh absolutely. I don’t get the ire of people that get worked up when a player tells the fans to F off lol.

It’s a kids game these guys are getting paid to play. It doesn’t matter. At all. Frankly it’d be more entertaining if the players were more like heels in wrestling.

Like, come out to the interview with $100 dollar bills jammed in his ears. The boos? No sorry, couldn’t hear them. K gotta go cash my cheque and buy another car. Later pigeons!
I’d pay extra just to watch to interviews

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
as I stated above, there are better and frankly more MATURE ways of showing your displeasure towards a team's performance. Collectively chanting for a single person to get fired in front of them and his players is as classless as can be.

Go on the radio and voice your displeasure. Post on social media, message boards, etc
They pay $500 tickets to watch a game and you say they can't chant whatever they want or show displeasure? They are the ones paying to players and coaches salaries so they have the right to show displeasure.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Islanders went for older guys (like Horvat) and gave picks and prospects to do it. They either win now because they’re in trouble for tomorrow. Their fans aren’t dumb and understand the pressure there is for the club to win now.

Reactions: NYI365

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Oh absolutely. I don’t get the ire of people that get worked up when a player tells the fans to F off lol.

It’s a kids game these guys are getting paid to play. It doesn’t matter. At all. Frankly it’d be more entertaining if the players were more like heels in wrestling.

Like, come out to the interview with $100 dollar bills jammed in his ears. The boos? No sorry, couldn’t hear them. K gotta go cash my cheque and buy another car. Later pigeons!

Even if it was more like wrestling you would want visiting teams players to be the heels not your hometown team's players lol

Reactions: Pablo El Perro

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019

Can't really work like wrestling because heels and babyfaces in wrestling are universal. You're a good guy or a bad guy in Toronto and Montreal alike as a wrestler.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017

So I get it you appreciated the Patrick Roy Stanley Cup ring blocking his ears answer ?

Cizikas definitely heard the boos. Its hurting his feelings haha

Reactions: easton117

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Don't tell Islanders fans to stay home... because they will.

Fans are your clients. Why f*** with them?

MilkofthePoppy

Oct 27, 2022
I appreciate what Cizikas is doing here. I also support the fans voicing their displeasure with the performance of the team. Is it fair? Probably not but that is a moot point. As someone previously mentioned, this is entertainment. When my team is playing like shit I simply change the channel. Rather than work myself up over something I can't control, I try to find other joys in life.

Pablo El Perro

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
I get why players would be pissed, but stay home is an odd answer. I followed horrible Panthers teams for decades, and booed because I wanted better. Mind you, Casey, those unhappy fans are why you live a good life.

Section 104

Sep 12, 2021
It‘s something Cizikas shouldn’t have said but he could be speaking out of frustration. Things aren’t going well for the Fishsticks right now. They are on a 1-3-2 and lost several games at home and now go a trip to western Canada/Seattle. Cizikas isn’t a goal scorer (he did have 20 in 2018-19) but has over 750 games despite being a 4th round pick in 2009

Sports is one profession when you get a microphone stuck in your face when emotions are high from the thrill of victory or the agony of defeat.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
As an Islanders fan, I’ve seen the fanbase in an identity crisis this year as a result of the Bailey saga. They don’t know who to blame for everything and it’s driving them crazy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad